9th July 2011, 09:14 PM
Suhasnipane

Possible to do B.E Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in Electronic and Communication Engineering?

I want to do b.e in electrical engineering after completed my diploma in electronic and communication engineering. Can i change my branch or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure and eligibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for ECE Diploma student? Percentage required in Diploma to get admission?
  2. How many branches are there to study in Polytechnic course? -- [New]
  3. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  4. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  5. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  6. Eligibility for Polytechnic courses? Centers in Trivandrum are for both girls and boys? Which field should I get a job?
  7. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  8. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  9. What are the courses in diploma after 10th? Which diploma course has more scope?
  10. How can I go for degree in electrical engineering after diploma in electrical engineering?
  11. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  12. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  13. What i should do after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  14. Fees difference between diploma and fresh candidate for degree in Electrical engineering?
  15. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  16. Books to be followed for TANCET? I belong to ECE department
  17. How should I join B.Tech course after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering?
  18. Which group should I take in diploma after completing 10th with 9.5 grades?
10th July 2011, 08:41 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Possible to do B.E Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in Electronic and Communication Engineering?

Yes you can take admission for B.E with the branch of your interest...actually the course of B.E/B.Tech is generally of four year but if some one want to take admission in B.E/B.Tech after his diploma in engineering then he will be directly admitted in second year (or 3rd semester).
For geetting admitted in B.E/B.Tech there is different criteria for different state after diploma course. but most of the colleges give option to select the branch of his choice..

for IIT , it doesn't have any LATERAL entry facility but AIEEE colleges has...the same...
But you can appear for both the exams and but as i said for IIT colleges you will be get admission int first year only rather a diploma holder....
10th July 2011, 12:21 PM
darji.tejas1989
Junior Member+

Default Re: Possible to do B.E Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in Electronic and Communication Engineering?

Dear candidate,
You can do Electrical engineering after the EC in diploma. But you have pass in your diploma courses in first class and you will take admission directly in 2nd year in Electrical engineering.

Best of luck for your exam!
10th July 2011, 04:26 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Possible to do B.E Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in Electronic and Communication Engineering?

hi friend
yes you are eligible for b.e. program
infact since you have done diploma you are eligible to take admission in second year directly by means of lateral entry
best of luck
10th July 2011, 06:02 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhasnipane View Post
I want to do b.e in electrical engineering after completed my diploma in electronic and communication engineering. Can i change my branch or not?
yes you can take admission in BE in electrical engineering after doing diploma in electronics and communication engineering. for taking admission, you will have to give an entrance exam. there is separate entrance exam for every state like there is leet for haryana. you must also remember that you will be taking admission directly into the second year of engineering through lateral entry and there is no lateral entry in iit and nit colleges. if you want to take admission in these colleges, then you will have to give iit jee or aieee exam and take admission in the first year.
23rd July 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

i completed diploma in electronics it possible to take admission in production engineering in direct second year?
24th July 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma in mechanical engineering from PTU,jalandhar
Can i change my brach to Electronics and communication
and also can i change my University too from PTU (punjab technical university to RTU rajasthan technical university )

Please suggest i m very intersted to know
thanks please suggest
17th August 2011, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

after completing deploma in electrical engineering ,can i do degree in electronic engineering
19th August 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i take an admission for direct second year electrical engineering though i have completed my diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch?
19th August 2011, 10:21 PM
Sehwag6

ya possible.

you can directly do the second year b.tech/be course after completing diploma

through lateral entry you are eligible to do the course

all the best
10th September 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

can i join mechanical or civil engineering after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
17th October 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am diploma holder in cse branch. Can I take electrical branch in B.E./B.Tech in second year admission in engg.
4th November 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam
Can you please tell me the names for the universities in Maharashtra who give admission to the students after completing diploma through lateral entry in 2nd year.?
Either Regular or external...
Please give the answer as soon as possible...
Email ID: [email protected]

Thank you..
23rd December 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my diploma in IT now can i do B.E in eletircal?
30th December 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission to 2n year electronics or et and telecommunication after completing diploma in computer..?
7th January 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Possible to do B.E Mechanical Engineering after completing diploma in Electronic and Communication Engineering?
28th January 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

can i take admission to B.E Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in electrical. If possible in which year i will take admission.
7th February 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR CAN I TAKE AN ADMISSION IN ELECTRICAL AFTER COMPLETING MY EC IN DIPLOMA ?AND DIRECT IN 3RD SEM ? AND HOW MUCH SPI IS REQUIRED FOR IT ? SIR PLSE RPLY
12th February 2012, 11:29 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
After diploma you can do B.E in electrical engineering after diploma..
But your diploma course should be approve by A.I.C.T.E

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> A.I.E.E.E
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> B.I.TS.A.T
> S.R.M.E.E.E
etc

You can change the stream while taking the admission..

GOOD LUCK!
18th April 2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam
Now i m doing diploma engineering in ELECTRICAL Branch from bhilai chhattisgarh from can i do the csvtu university.I want to do B.e/B.tech from karuniya university from chennai can I can do this. and one another question is that how much percentage is require in Diploma engineering for B.e/B.tech.
thanking you.
sir please do mail in [email protected] please i m waiting for ur mail.
23rd June 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have done diploma in computer engg., nw can i do B.E in mechanical engineering?
28th December 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Can i take an admission for direct second year
electrical engineering though i have completed
my diploma in electronics and
telecommunication branch?
1st March 2013, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

can i take an admission for part time electrical engineering i am completing my diploma in computer science this 2013 april?
4th May 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir can I do electronics and communication enginnering as I have completed my diploma in plain electronics.
Sir plz reply on my email id
[email protected]
4th May 2013, 07:52 AM
bodasaidulugoud

Quote:
yes you have chance to join diploma to engineering here we are having D2D process means some colleges take admissions through Leteral entry exams like
joint entrance examinations of leteral entry(JELET)
4th May 2013, 08:59 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
To do B.tech after Diploma,you have to apply LEET exam.

Information About LEET Entrance Exam :

The LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Exam and this is conducted by the state govt examination for admission in B.Tech/B.E program directly in 2nd year. For attending the LEET entrance exam required requirements are given bellow:

First of required educational qualifications are you must completed the 3 years diploma in any specialization course with minimum 60% of marks from recognized university and here maximum age limit should be 28 years.
Selection Procedure :

Admission in B.Tech 2nd years, the selection procedure is based on the marks secured at LEET entrance exam and this entrance exam is divided in to two sections, first section containing the objective type question with 4 multiple choice questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Communicative English and General Awareness.

All the best......................
4th May 2013, 03:19 PM
vkghanghas

to do be after diploma you can apply for lateral entry exam which in short LEET .this exam is conducted by state technical boards
4th May 2013, 04:28 PM
vishal.attitude

hy friend

# yes my dear why not you can apply for BE after to complete your diploma

# and my dear acc to my knowledge you will get direct add in 2nd year

# BE is a graduation degree that require 4 years to compete

# but as you complete your diploma than you will need to spend only 3 years

# so my dear best of luck for your BE

hope u understand with the information settled by me

with regards /
5th May 2013, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
yes it is possible to do B.E electrical engineering after completed your diploma in electronic and communication engineering .

for this you enter direct in 2 nd year.
31st May 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

It's Can possible to do B.E. in Civil Engineering after do diploima in Information technology
19th June 2013, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

i ask in clg to my staff that can i take admision for B.E in electrical and electronics after diploma in EC.but they r telling no..is it true?pleas sugest me.
26th August 2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to do production engg after completing diploma in electronic
28th April 2014, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering can i change my branch from civil to Electrical in BE through AMIE
7th May 2014, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

possible to do mecanical engineering degre after comleting diploma in elctronic & telecommunication enggineering
31st July 2014, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

possible to do B.E Civil Engineering after Completing diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering ?
13th August 2014, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to do b.e in mechtronicss after doing diploma in electronicss and telecomunication?
27th December 2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

it is possible to do B.E in electrical n electronic engg after doing diploma in computer science?
14th February 2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

I want to do b.e in information technology
after completed my diploma in civil engg
and communication engineering. Can i
change my branch or not?
14th February 2015, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to do b.e in information technology
after completed my diploma in civil engg Can i change my branch or not?
26th March 2015, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Possible to do BE Electronics & communication after completing diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engg in Govt seat?..
26th March 2015, 01:14 PM
navya U B

I want to do b.e in E&c after completing my diploma in Electrical & Electronics in Govt seat?.
1st June 2015, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Is It Possible To Do Civil Engineering After Completing Diploma In Electronics And Telecommunication ?
22nd June 2015, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in electronics and telecommunication. Can i take addmission BE mechanical
7th August 2015, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

After diploma in etc engineering can I do direct second year mechanical engineering
28th September 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am doing my diploma in production engineering now I want b.e
from other stream ( mechnical engineering )so please guide me.
20th June 2016, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

It is possible to do b.e in information technology after doing diploma in electrical and electronics?
10th May 2017, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

can we do b.tech in instrumentation engineering after completing diploma in electronics engineering? As the instrumentation field is new in the market, what are chances of getting admission for b.tech in that?
email id- [email protected]
Thanking you
21st May 2017, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Possible to B.E mechanical engineering after completing diploma in computer science engineering ?
29th May 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me if I passed diploma with lateral entry in electrical engineering. Am I eligible to apply in AMIE or BE
REPLY ME [email protected]
20th June 2017, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in production engineering... Now I want to take admission in civil engineering...will it b possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?