11th January 2018, 09:13 PM
tabu20

Is it possible to do CA without having Maths in 9th and 10th?

My daughter is in 8th std. ICSE board she is not good at logics therefore doesn't score good in Maths but, is interested in doing CA. Can she drop maths and select economic for 9 and 10 std.? Please guide!

13th January 2018, 05:06 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do CA without having Maths in 9th and 10th?

Mathematics is not compulsory for Chartered Accountancy course but it is indeed necessary for CA course. Knowledge of mathematics is necessary to understanding majority portions and stages of CA course.

Mathematics is a subject which requires practice. If you can motivate your daughter to practice mathematics then she will definitely find easy to score. This subject must be studied upto 12th.
13th January 2018, 06:47 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do CA without having Maths in 9th and 10th?

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy and full course is divided into three stages which includes foundation course, Integrated Professional Competence Course i.e; IPCC and the final stage course.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing CA course i.e; to start with foundation course by qualifying CPT i.e; Common Proficiency Test then it is a higher secondary school degree or any degree equivalent to same in any discipline from a recognized board. There is no requirement of a particular stream/subject at any stage of academics.

So it is evident from above facts that your daughter is certainly eligible for pursuing CA course after completing her Class 12th even without pursuing Mathematics in her Class 9th, Class 10th and higher secondary school degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?