7th June 2010, 03:52 PM
KNSIFY

Is it possible to get a call from IIM after scoring 50% in graduation?

HI, I HAVE GOT EXACT 50% IN GRADUATION. I WANT TO KNOW THAT IS THERE ANY STUDENT IN PAST WHO GOT IIM CALL EVEN WHEN HE GOT ONLY 50% IN GRADUATION?? IM GOOD WITH QUANT, VERBLE AND DI BUT IM AFRAID ONLY IF THEY GIVE THAT MUCH WEIGHTAGE TO GRADUATION?? PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.. THANKS..

22nd July 2011, 03:23 PM
sanjeev26

Default Re: Is it possible to get a call from IIM after scoring 50% in graduation?

50% in graduation is quite enough to appear in CAT exam IIM never call any students by own you have to give CAT Exam if you scored good and get a good rank I will sure to you get admission in IIM.
22nd July 2011, 05:24 PM
aisham

Cool Re: Is it possible to get a call from IIM after scoring 50% in graduation?

Yes, you will get call from IIM even with this percentage. The thing which matters is that how you are scoring in your CAT exam for getting admission in IIM. As you are saying that you are good in quant, verbal and DI, so I think this is the best thing because all these things are needed in the exam. Let me tell one thing one guy was selected in IIM Ahmedabad even he was failed twice in his 10th Boards, I have seen in news.
So it never matters how you are scoring but the thing which matters is that how you are performing. But to get entry in this college you only need more than 90 or 95 percentile in this college and that percentages does not have anything to do with it.
22nd July 2011, 05:29 PM
abhi789
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to get a call from IIM after scoring 50% in graduation?

no buddy what the hell you are talking!
this is not possible a student got a call from iim having 50% score in graduation.
22nd July 2011, 06:57 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Call from IIM on the basis of graduation marks???

Look friend, the graduation marks does not matter while applying for MBA.

And to study MBA from IIM, you have to crack CAT, the toughest management entrance exam in India.

Not just cracking CAT is enough, but you have to score 99% in CAT, after that only you will get chance in IIM...otherwise not.

For many aspirants, getting admission in IIM is like a dream.

The total fee for institutes like IIM is around 15 lacs, though it is a government institution.

So friend, now you can imagine how tough it is to get a call from IIM.

Score 99% in CAT, after that you have chances to get call from them!
22nd July 2011, 07:08 PM
kunjeyan5282

It 's very difficult to get a call from IIM with this percentage.and more over if you clear your entrance for IIM then it may be possible.
23rd July 2011, 07:43 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Dear friend this is not true he will not give to much weightage to graduation .......

But you have to good scoring in entrance.........That's why this is possible your call letter surely came..........

Then he will not see your marks ,if your preparation is good then you can get surely admission in IIM.............
23rd July 2011, 03:56 PM
Shruti Mehta....

hiii...most of the IIMs consider 10 and 12 percentage alongwith graduation marks...so it is possible to get call from IIMs if you have scored good in your 10 and 12...however there are few IIMs like IIM C who consider only cat score...So, just prepare nicely
23rd July 2011, 06:01 PM
rupesh1982

yes you may call from iim but your percentile in cat should allow this.
24th July 2011, 12:28 AM
erron86

Don't be so worried for iim u first to clear cat exam after u clear it there will be interview in that ur all marks from 10 th to degree will count but u can leave others if u score high in cat exam.that's thw only way .leave the past and pay concentration to your future.best of luck
28th July 2011, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

i have scored 70% marks in graduation and 79% in 10 and 69% in 12 if i get 99% marks in cat exam then is there any possibility to get
admission in only IIM Ahmdabad
rahul
5th August 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I have got very less marks in matriculation 51% and my marks in maths was so bad that i had passed my matriculation with gress but i had improved myself a bit and got better marks in math in 12th ie.90 marks, in graduation i got around 61 % currently I am in ca final and want do my mba from IIMs I am also in cs final will my marks in matriculation will matter If i get sufficient %tile in cat exam.. after my ca is completed.
6th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i got 655 in class 10th ,55% in 12th and 53% in graduation .if i will get 995 in cat then can i able to get a sit in iims?
8th August 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i got 66% in class 10th ,56% in 12yh and 53% in graduation . if i will get 99% in cat should i select for iims?pls suggest....
22nd August 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

i hav got 62%i 10'th and 56% in 12 and 67% in graguation ..........can this marks can create any kind of bar in getting admission in iim if i well do in my cat
11th April 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am pharmacy student.what is my future after crack cat and get admission in to iim.
17th January 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I have got 99.12 in CAT; and 54% graduation. Will i get?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?