29th May 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

If I get 98 score in CAT, can I get a call from IIM-A?

Greetings of the day,
I have 86% in 10th, 73% in 12th, 7.7 cgpa in B.tech. I belongs to general category.If i get 98 score in CAT,can i get call from IIM-A? please give me the reply.waiting for your answer.
thanks in advance

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a call from IIM college after scoring 72% in 10th
  2. What is the score required to get through CAT to get a call from 13 IIM's?
  3. What to do after B.Tech if I have interest in Business? Eligibility criteria for top colleges?
  4. How much percentage of marks I need to score in CAT to admission in IIM-A, IIM-B or IIM-C? Which has best private job placement among these 3 IIMs?
  5. How can I get admission in IIM Calcutta? I have scored 64.12%
  6. Which course should I go for after doing graduation in BSc with 79%? In which colleges can I get?
  7. How much I need to score in CAT Exam to expect a call from IIM having secured 82% in SSC and 75% in 12th?
  8. Percentage required in CAT for getting a call from IIM - A? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get admission in IIM-A or IIM-B if secured 99 percentile in CAT?
  10. How much percentage is needed to get a call from IIM's? Will my backlogs affect my chances for admission in the IIM's
  11. From how many IIM institutes can a person get a call after scoring more than 99 percentile in CAT?
  12. What should be the score to get a call from IIM?
  13. Can I get a call from IIMA after scoring 99.9% in CAT
  14. Can I get admission in IIM through GMAT?
  15. Possibility to get admission in IIM-Madras for a candidate who has secured 97.4 percentile in CAT?
  16. Will I get a call from IIM-Ahmedabad? I've scored 100 percentile in CAT and having 81% marks in Engineering, 81% marks in 12th std and 82% marks in 10th std
  17. What is the cutoff score for CAT for IIM Ahmedabad?
  18. Can I get admission in IIMA MBA after passing 10th with 78.73%
30th May 2016, 09:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I get 98 score in CAT, can I get a call from IIM-A?

IIM A stands for Indian Institute of Management. IIMs are the best institute in India for MBA courses. IIM A is the top most of all IIMs. To be very frank, there is no chance for you to get admission in IIM A with 98 percentile in Common Admission Test.

In last few years, candidates with 100 percentile in CAT have got admission in IIM A. In fact, in one academic year, seven candidates after scoring 100 percentile were not able to get admission in IIM A and they have to move to Court and court give decision to admit candidates with 100 percentile as it was maximum.

You must score 100 percentile to get admission in IIM A.
30th May 2016, 09:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IIM-A is one of the top IIMs and getting admission there will require the best score. Normally, 99 percentile is considered a good score to get admission in any top IIM.
You have got 98 which is a good score but chances are less to get admission in a top IIM with most popular management stream.
30th May 2016, 11:14 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Greetings of the day,
I have 86% in 10th, 73% in 12th, 7.7 cgpa in B.tech. I belongs to general category.If i get 98 score in CAT,can i get call from IIM-A? please give me the reply.waiting for your answer.
thanks in advance
It is very difficult to get a call from IIM – Ahmadabad with 98 in CAT. You should score over 99 to get a call from IIM – A. Because there are over 1000 to 1500 candidates get a score in between 99 to 100 in CAT. The marks scored in the 10th, 12th and graduation also considered for the IIM- A admission. The aspirant can check the same with your seniors studying in IIM – A or in any other IIMs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?