7th December 2010, 03:06 PM
yadav chandan

Is it possible to join Marine Engineering after completing Electronics and Telecommunications?

sir i am doing electronics and telecommunication engg
but i want to join marine engg .
sir is it possible to join marine engg aftr completing Electronics and Telecommunications?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering after completing B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  2. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  4. Can I study B.Tech in Marine Engineering having completed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunications?
  5. Is there any scope in marine engineering after completing B.E in Electronics?
  6. How to join Marine after completing B.E in Electrical and Electronics?
  7. Possibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering through Lateral Entry after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  8. How to join Marine Engineering after diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering? List of colleges for the course?
  9. How to join Marine after completing B.E Electronics and Communication?
  10. Can I join Marine engineering after doing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  11. What's the duration of training period in Marine engineering? How can I apply for Marine engineering after completing B.E? I've done B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  12. Career opportunities after completing Marine Engineering course -- [New]
  13. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to join B.E Marine engineering after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering with 85%? What is the fee structure?
  15. Marine engineering after completing BE EE engineering? How to get seats and prepare for entrance exam?
  16. After completing B.Tech Mechanical how can I join 1 year Marine Engineering course?
  17. Can I join diploma in marine engineering after completing 10th?
  18. How to give the exam of Merchant navy after passing 12th science?
23rd December 2010, 12:43 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Marine Engineering after completing Electronics and Telecommunications?

Dear friend,

Yes you can join the marine engineering course but for that you will have to study the B.E(Marine engg) course which is of duration 4 years.

If you had done B.E course in Mechanical stream then you could easily get admitted to the Cadet course after doing 6 months training.

To pursue M.E in Marine engineering,you should have done the B.E in Marine engg.

Now it is up to you what way you should go.

Good luck!
23rd December 2010, 08:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Marine Engineering after completing Electronics and Telecommunications?

Hello friend,
You can join marine engineering course provided you have passed your +2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. On the basis of your +2 qualification, you will be eligible for BE in Marine Engineering.
To be eligible for ME in the same, you must hold a bachelors degree in Marine engineering.
24th December 2010, 04:47 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

To join in merchant navy as marine Engineer you need to be BE in (Mechanical/Naval Architecture). BE in electronics will not help.
25th December 2010, 03:56 AM
bikenindia

Hi,
Offcourse you can join marine engineering, but you will get two degree ie double degree.
The two courses are totally different and it is not related at all.

All the best.
11th February 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

hi sir.
i am an b.tech engineer in electronics and instrumentation.
i like to join in marine field.
can i join for GME 1 year course?
11th February 2011, 02:13 PM
sajin2535

sir,
i am a b.tech engineering graduate in electronics and instrumentation.
i like join in marine field.
can i join for 1 year GME course?
26th April 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

can a arts student take up with marine engineering ????
or could u please suggest wat else he could do if he is interested in marine....like navy or any other marine couses which would be good 4 him ????
13th May 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

sir i hav done mechanical engineering and i want 2 join marine. what kind of courses do i hav 2 go for?
26th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i have a degree in electronics and tele communication engineering
but i want to join marine and shipping related job..
is there any alternate way to enter in marine.
please suggest me in brief
27th December 2012, 11:30 AM
sushildhaker

If you want to join marine engineering at master level then you have to select any one field instead of whole marine engineering,you know the different areas for m.tech in each branch.There are many areas specified in each branch for M.tech.If you have good score in GATE exam then you can join marine engineering at master degree level.You should not join at undergraduate level since you have graduation already.Some colleges where you can apply -

Indian maritime university

Cochin university

Anna university

IIT Madras

IIT Kharagpur

TS chanakya institute of maritime studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?