5th August 2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Possible scholarships available for studying Astrophysics after B.Tech?

I am doing my btech now and I would like to go for astrophysics after that.How can I get in to that and what are the possible scholarship available?

5th August 2015, 09:05 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possible scholarships available for studying Astrophysics after B.Tech?

You can do the diploma in astrophysics for the same.
The eligibility criteria for the diploma as well as for the graduation course in astronomy is of the intermediate only.
Now, since this is not a very popular branch, hence there are not many colleges. Some of the colleges across India are as given below-

>> Maharishi Institute of Vedic And Management Sciences

>> Institute of Rajasthan Studies (Sahitya Sanstha), Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University

>> Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies

>> Department of Futures Studies, University of Kerala

>> Faculty of Arts, Chaudhary Charan Sigh University

>> School of Studies in Jyotirvigyan, Jiwaji University

>> Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre

>> Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic

Now regarding the various scholarship schemes, so there are some which you can apply for. Below is the list of some of them-
>> The scholarship from the state government. like in Uttar Pradesh, scholarship is given to the economically weak students. you can avail those if you lie in any of that criteria.

>> Another scheme is a scheme given by LIC. It is called the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme.

>> Narotam Sekhsaria Engineering Scholarship Programme

>> Sahu Jain Trust - Educational Scholarships

>> N.E.S.T. scholarships: Science, Medical & Engineering students- An exam is conducted for that. clearing which will only make you eligible for the scheme.

## Also, you have missed the KVPY scholarship scheme, which you could have applied in your first year. It is a scheme given by govt. of India and provides a a great support to the students like you.

>> Also, for earning money, forums like these are a good option. Not only will you earn money but your knowledge about different things will also expand.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?