19th May 2015, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?

My sister is doing 12th commerce with math . She has great interest in space . She want to be an astronaut. Is there any way for study in this field after 12th commerce with maths?

19th May 2015, 06:40 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?

sorry to say you but you are not eligible for that.

If you have any intention to work in the space industry, aim for 12th /equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

Graduates with the four-year:-

(a) BTech Aerospace Engineering
(b) BTech in Avionics or
(c) BTech Physical

If this is followed by physics major or physics honours degree, you can build a career in astrophysics or astronomy after MSc in Physics.

Alternatively, you can opt for an integrated MSc in Physics at institutions like the IISER, NISER, National Institute of Technology, continue PhD.

Phd in the following specialization:-

PhD (Astrophysics)
PhD (Geophysics)
PhD (Metaphysics)

The is Admission would be through competitive examinations.
19th May 2015, 07:44 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To become the Astronaut, Eligibility, qualifications and procedure are given under.

* After 12th, the candidate should complete his Bachelor's degree in Biological science, Engineering in Mechanical, Engineering in Electronics, Physical science or Mathematics from a recognized University.

* After graduation, candidate should appear for the exam conducted by NASA for the recruitment of scientists, Astronauts etc.

* The candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Candidate should be at least 21 years at the time of joining.
19th May 2015, 07:58 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

In India, Candidates who want to become Astronaut should appear for the ISAT exam, which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Space Technology under the leadership of ISRO. If you qualify in such exam, then ISRO will provide training for you to become a Astronaut. But, Candidates who have completed their Engineering in aviation engineering or aeronautical engineering courses are only eligible for ISAT exam. So, first your sister should complete aviation engineering or aeronautical engineering course to appear for ISAT exam. But, I think as a student from commerce stream, she is not eligible to join in Engineering course. So, she cannot be a Astronaut without pursuing her intermediate in Science(Non-medical) stream.
3rd June 2016, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am in 11 commerce with maths and want to be an astronaut Am i eligible for being an astronaut..
9th September 2017, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am 12 commerce with math and I also know many things about science too and I want to be an astronaut is it possible to be astronaut for me? Because I am the citizen of nepal!!
19th September 2017, 09:47 PM
sapphire1

Sorry, commerce students cannot become an astronaut. To become an astronaut one should need below qualification:

One should have 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
They should have 12th with minimum 60% marks from a recognized Board.
Age should be between 18 to 21 years.

As you do not have Physics and Chemistry in 12th class. But as you have Mathematics in class 12th then you can apply for BCA course.

BCA is three years course. It is related to the computer application. And it has a good scope so you can apply for this course after 12th class.

Instead this you can apply for B.com and BBA. All are good courses and have good scope. But you cannot apply for B.tech in aerospace.
21st August 2018, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I read in class 10 and i am having commerce without maths . If my marks are good in boards then will i be able to opt for science in kolkata since my dream is to study astrophysics
13th March 2020, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a commerce student and i know that it is kindly impossible to become astronaut but still i am interested in space, and i cant figure it out of my mind?
2nd May 2020, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

I am b.com student can i take 11th science??
2nd May 2020, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Can i take 11th science after 12th commerce??
3rd August 2020, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an astronaut if I study bio maths in 12th std
23rd November 2021, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm a maths,economics, and commerce student in 12th I want to become an astronut
But after completing 12th I can take whatever degree I like, could you plz say which degree is best for me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?