31st July 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to write IES exam after completing B.E in Mechanical? Date of sale of forms? When is the next exam?

Sir/Madem,
I V.Amarnath , i completed my Bachelor of Engineering In Mechanical.i would like to write the IES exam..
Is it possible for me to write exam?
when the exam appilication form will be published?
when is the next exam?

4th August 2011, 08:12 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to write IES exam after completing B.E in Mechanical? Date of sale of forms? When is the next exam?

Yes, definitely you can apply after all IES is only for electrical , mechanical & civil engineers only.
Also, there is no minimum percentage requirement for this, but that doesnt means that competition would be low, its too competitive exam.
Also you need to be atleast 21 yr old to be eligible.

And number of attempts are also restricted:
4 for general, 7 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST.

Regarding preparation:
Although there are coaching institutes in every state now, MadeEasy is being rated as best for IES prepation, but there are other also, but dont take coaching from an arbitrary insitiute.

Application form & Exam dates:
The Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) in the month of May/June India wide. There are objective as well as subjective papers. One paper for GS (General Studies) is part of the assessment system apart from the engineering subject of the candidate. The entire technical subject is divided into two papers (PAPER 1 and PAPER 2. There is a three day schedule of the written examination, comprising in all five written examination.

Application forms will be available in March.
5th August 2011, 12:00 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to write IES exam after completing B.E in Mechanical? Date of sale of forms? When is the next exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madem,
I V.Amarnath , i completed my Bachelor of Engineering In Mechanical.i would like to write the IES exam..
when is the next exam?
About Engineering Services Examination -

IES Stands for Engineering Services Examination and the examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year.

>> And to apply for this examination Candidates Must have completed his engineering degree from a recognised University.

But Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories -

>> Civil Engineering.
>> Mecahnical Engineering.
>> Electrical Engineering.
>> Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

And You have Mentioned that You have completed your Mechanical Engineering Degree, So you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

>> To apply for this examination, Your age should between 21 To 30 years and Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Other Reserved Category Candidates.

>>>>> SC, ST Candidates will gets - 5 Year Relaxation On Age
>>>>> OBC Candidates will gets - 3 Years Relaxation

There is No Limits On Number On Attempts, The Number of Attempts are only applicable in Civil services examination and IFS Examination. And there is no restriction on number of attempts in any other Examination conducted by the Commission. If your age Should between 21 to 30 Years, You can apply Number of Times, But the examination was Held only One time in a Year, So you can apply for this examination only One time in a year.

Eligible candidates Mat fill the IES Application form Online, The Notification was Published in the month of January in the employment Newspaper OR In the UPSC Website.

The Online Application form Cost was Rs 50 And Offline form Cost was Rs 100, You can Obtained the application form from the Designated Post Offices in India.

For this Year IES Examination was Already Completed, So Please apply for this examination Next year And for More Information Please visit the Official UPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 12:24 AM
genius_911

yes you are eligible to write the IES exam because you fulfill the criteria of one of the four fields of EC, civil engg. ,mechanical engg., and electrical. so you are eligible. the age limit is 21-30 years.. for SC, ST candidates the age limit is 21-35 yrs. and for OBC it is 21-33 yrs..
you can attempt the exam of next year now. you can fill the form online or the forms are available at the Post offices.. for more details, look up at the site
http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 01:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Madem,
when is the next exam?
dear friend,

IES is eligible for given below department of engineering.

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

your department is mechanical so you are eligible for IES exam.

All the best
5th August 2011, 01:12 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is it possible to write IES exam after completing B.E in Mechanical? Date of sale of forms? When is the next exam?

Quote:
Sir/Madem,
when is the next exam?
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Engineering Service examination after the completion of your degree. This exam is conducted by the UPSC every year.
To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
For the Engineering service examination candidate should have a engineering
degree in any of the following subjects.

CIVIL ENGINEERING

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

DATE OF EXAM

You are not eligible to apply for the IES examination for this year. You can apply for this examination in next year as for this year the last date of submission of application form is over now.

For more information on IES examination visit at the below website
www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 08:35 AM
Harshita21

Quote:
Sir/Madem,
when is the next exam?
hi Amarnath

Firstly congrts on completion of your degree.
Secondly yes you are eligible to write the exam of IES.

There are four branches which are in IES exam:
1. Civil
2. Mechanical
3. Electrical
4. Electronic & Telecommunication
5th August 2011, 08:44 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your Mechanical degree then you are eligible for apply
IES exam.

IES exam criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation degree in stream like:-
Civil engineering
Mechanical engineering
Electrical engineering
Electronics & telecommunication

All branches are eligible for this job.....

Age- 21 to 30 years..

relaxation as per govt. rules..............
5th August 2011, 11:33 AM
saurav9889

friend definately u can appear for ies exam from mechanical stream. the forms are generally avialable from feb end and the exam is held in mid may. also selected candidates are called for the interview in sep/oct. this yr the exam was in mid may. almost same time every yr the exam is held.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?