5th July 2011, 07:36 PM
prince246

Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?

sir,i am srinivas,now i am 7th semister mechanical student of vtu.i want to write ies exam..am i eligible to write exam this year r nt....please tell me...and also in which month exam will be conducted and is that affects my B.E final exam?

10th September 2011, 08:57 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince246 View Post
sir,i am srinivas,now i am 7th semister mechanical student of vtu.i want to write ies exam..am i eligible to write exam this year r nt....please tell me...and also in which month exam will be conducted and is that affects my B.E final exam?

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year, For this year IES 2011 Examination was Already Completed, So If you are Interested in IES Examination then please apply for this examination Next year.

>> To apply for IES Examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in Engineering form a recognised university and Your age should between 21 to 30 years. If you are Pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

>> There is No restriction in Number of Attempts in IES Examination, So You can apply for this examination between the age of 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> So, If you are Pursuing your Engineering Graduate degree course then you are eligible for IES Examination, The Recruitment on the results of this
examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories - Civil Engineering, Mecahnical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

>> Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By visit the Official website, the Notification of this examination was Published in the Employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website In the Month of February every year.

So, If you are Interested to apply for this examination online Then you have to pay the fees of Rs 50 And If you fill the application form Offline then you have to pay the Fees of Rs 100, The Offline application can be Obtained form the designated Post offices in India.

>> The Notification of IES 2012 Examination was Going to be declared soon in the Month of February i.e on 25/Feb/2012.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then apply for UPSC IES Examination and For more Information please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 09:42 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?

Yes,you can apply for Indian Engineering Service exam,while being in final year.There will not be any disturbance for Final exam as the IES exam will held in the month of June.For more details see the below mentioned information.

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.This exam is conducted to intake qualified engineers for Government sector in different departments.
Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.
Indian Engineering Service exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

For more detail,then click here
10th September 2011, 11:12 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Indian Engineering Service is conducted by UPSC.
Eligibility required to apply:
1. You should complete your graduation from a recognized university.
2. Your age should be within 21 to 30 years.
If you are in your Final year then you are eligible to apply.
So, you are very much eligible for IES.
For all updates regarding the exam go through the Employment News or follow the website- http://upsc.gov.in
Start preparing.
All the best.
10th September 2011, 11:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Only engineering graduate persons are eligible for IES exam.Final students are eligible for IES exam.

IES is eligible for given below department of engineering.

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit:*Age must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years. The upper age relaxation for SC, ST, Government servants is 5 years; for OBC is 3 years and for physically challenged is 10 years.

Nationality:*The applicant must be citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, Indian origin who have migrated from selected countries in order to settle in India permanently.

Attempts:

For General - 4 times
For SC/ST - No limit
For OBC - 7 tines

thanks

All the best.
10th September 2011, 11:18 PM
andeeprana

Smile Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?

Hi Srinivas,
yes you can give IES examination in your last year of the degree (B.Tech.) but make sure that your degree is not being extended due to any backlogs.
The IES examination generally conducted around mid May and last for 3 days (this year is was 13-15 may). So if your final examination or Project dates are not clashing with dates of may, you can fill the forms.
Good Luck.....
11th September 2011, 12:01 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

I think this year you will not be an eligible candidate because you will not collect your B.Tech certificate and if you not show them the certificate then you will not eligible to fill up the form.

Next year you will be eligible.
good day.
11th September 2011, 12:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IES exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..

Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field..

2.The candidate must not have any pending backlogs during graduation..

3.The candidate can also appear in IES exam during the final year of graduation..

Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

as you have mentioned that you are in 7th semester , then you can appear in IES exam..
So, go for it..
All the best..
11th September 2011, 12:29 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince246 View Post
Eligibility for IES

To be eligible for the Indian Engineering Service Exam..you should have your engineering degree with you..
Since this is your 4th and final year..hence you are eligible for appearing for this exam..

the age restrictions are same as that for the Civil Service Exams..
21-30 years for general category..less than 33 years for OBC and less than 35 for SC/ST

all the very best and do prepare well..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
17th November 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i am studying final year b.tech in e.e.e stream is their any percentage criteria for ies exam i have 65% with 2 backlogs it was cleared now.can i eligible for ies exam.
18th November 2011, 12:55 AM
andeeprana

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying final year b.tech in e.e.e stream is their any percentage criteria for ies exam i have 65% with 2 backlogs it was cleared now.can i eligible for ies exam.
Yes you are eligible for IES 2012, as there is not any minimum percentage criteria for this exam. if your backlogs are cleared or will be cleared in the end of your final year then you can write the examination.

Criteria:
1. Age between 21 to 30 year for general, 21 to 33 for OBC & 21 to 35 for SC/ST.
2. you should have passed B.tech./B.E. or appearing in the final year of such course
3. No minimum percentage criteria.

Good Luck
2nd April 2013, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

I am completing my b.tech 3rd year eee by the end of this month(april,2013)..my age is 21 yrs by mar,2013...am i eligible to apply for IES 2013? plz giv reply...
23rd May 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am yogesh now iam doing BE-mechatronics engg. am i possible to write IES EXAM ,send ans to my email id [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?