8th January 2011, 01:40 PM
TUTI

Previous year Geology question papers of GATE

Plz...post some previous years geology gate question papers to my e. Mail

8th January 2011, 02:28 PM
Ramyakiruthi

Thumbs up Re: Previous year Geology question papers of GATE

Hi Friend...

For the GATE Preparation the following Links will be useful for your preparation...

http://questionpaper.in/QuestionPaperView.aspx?id=8&subid=876&bn=45

http://sapan.freehostia.com/gate-exam/gate-question-papers-geology-and-geophysics-gg/

http://questionpaper.in/QuestionPaper.aspx?id=876&bn=45

http://entrance-exam.net/gate-geology-and-geophysics-papers/

Practice well through that questions....

YOU WILL WIN....

Thank you...

ALL THE BEST...

With Regards
Ramyakiruthi
8th January 2011, 02:33 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Previous year Geology question papers of GATE

You can download the previous year papers from the following site:
http://www.jbigdeal.com/2010/06/gate-geology-and-geophysics-question.html
8th January 2011, 02:35 PM
rks_estate

Hi,

GATE Syllabus for Geology: -

PART A: -

1. Earth and Planetary system, size, shape, internal structure and composition of the earth; atmosphere and greenhouse effect; isostasy; elements of seismology; physical properties of the interior of the earth; continents and continental processes; physical oceanography; geomagnetism and paleomagnetism, continental drift, plate tectonics.

2. Weathering; soil formation; action of river, wind, glacier and ocean; earthquakes, volcanism and orogeny. Basic structural geology, mineralogy and petrology. Geological time scale and geochronology; stratigraphic principles; major stratigraphic divisions of India. Engineering properties of rocks and soils. Ground water geology. Geological and geographical distribution of ore, coal and petroleum resources of India.

3. Introduction to remote sensing. Physical basis and applications of gravity, magnetic, electrical, electromagnetic, seismic and radiometric prospecting for oil, mineral and ground water; introductory well logging.

PART B: -

1. Crystal symmetry, forms, twinning; crystal chemistry; optical mineralogy, classification of minerals, diagnostic physical and optical properties of rock forming minerals.

2. Igneous rocks - classification, forms and textures, magmatic differentiation; phase diagrams and trace elements as monitors of magma evolutionary processes; mantle melting models and derivation and primary magmas. Metamorphism; controlling factors, metamorphic facies, grade and basic types; metamorphism of pelitic, mafic and impure carbonate rocks; role of fluids in metamorphism; metamorphic P-T-t paths and their tectonic significance; Igneous and metamorphic provinces of India; structure and petrology of sedimentary rocks; sedimentary processes and environments, sedimentary facies, basin analysis; association of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks with tectonic setting.

3. Stress, strain and material response; brittle and ductile deformation; primary and secondary structures; geometry and genesis of folds, faults, joints, unconformities; cleavage, schistosity and lineation; methods of projection, tectonites and their significance; shear zone; superposed folding; basement cover relationship.

4. Morphology, classification and geological significance of important invertebrates, vertebrates, microfossils and palaeoflora; stratigraphic principles and Indian stratigraphy.

5. Geomorphic processes and agents; development and evolution of landforms; slope and drainage; processes on deep oceanic and near-shore regions; quantitative and applied geomorphology.

6. Ore mineralogy and optical properties of ore minerals; ore forming processes vis-à-vis ore-rock association (magmatic, hydrothermal, sedimentary and metamorphogenic ores); ores and metamorphism; fluid inclusions as an ore genetic tool; prospecting and exploration of economic minerals; sampling, ore reserve estimation, geostatistics, mining methods. Coal and petroleum geology; origin and distribution of mineral and fuel deposits in India; marine geology and ocean resources; ore dressing and mineral economics.

7. Cosmic abundance; meteorites; geochemical evolution of the earth; geochemical cycles; distribution of major, minor and trace elements; elements of geochemical thermodynamics, isotope geochemistry; geochemistry of waters including solution equilibria and water rock interaction.

8. Engineering properties of rocks and soils; rocks as construction materials; role of geology in the construction of engineering structures including dams, tunnels and excavation sites; natural hazards. Ground water geology and exploration, well hydraulics and water quality. Basic principles of remote sensing - energy sources and radiation principles, atmospheric absorption, interaction of energy with earth's surface, air-photo interpretation, multispectral remote sensing in visible, infrared, thermal IR and microwave regions, digital processing of satellite images. GIS - basic concepts, raster and vector mode operation.

Follow the above Syllabus and read accordingly.

Purchase a competitive exam book from market regarding GATE (Geology)

Surely you will crack the GATE exam...........Best Wishes
8th January 2011, 04:28 PM
mishra245

Previous question papers of the geology subject
Here are the Gate Question Papers for Geology and Geophysics (GG). I have uploaded the papers for last 3 years i.e. 2008 and 2007. Hope this will be helpful.

Gate Geology -2007 Exam Paper.pdf
Gate Geology -2008 Exam Paper.pdf
8th January 2011, 07:28 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
i am giving you the previous year paper of geology.
8th January 2011, 07:42 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUTI View Post
Plz...post some previous years geology gate question papers to my e. Mail
dear friend.

visit the link : http://www.jbigdeal.com/2009/12/gate-question-papers-with-solutions.html
www.onestopgate.com.
www.gateforum.com.
http://studyforexams.blogspot.com/search/label/GATE%20Sample%20Papers
http://education.latestt.com/questionpapers/qpdetails.aspx?CatId=39&CatName=GATE-Question-Paper
all the best.................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf geologyg.pdf(207.1 KB, 156 views)
15th January 2011, 07:19 PM
kool.zuvy23

hi friend
i want solved previous 10 years question papers of gate earth sciences exam.
16th January 2011, 12:28 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

previous year geology question paper of GATE can be got from this site www.jbigdeal.com/gate-geology-and-geophysics-question.html
16th January 2011, 03:51 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

For previous year solved papers,
http://www.jbigdeal.com/2010/06/gate-life-sciences-question-papers.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf xl.pdf(271.8 KB, 137 views)
16th October 2011, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

please send me geology question paper of GATE
16th October 2011, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

plz sent me question papers of previous geology exams
19th December 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I have passed B.TEC in leather technology from govt college of engineering & leather technology.Am i eligible to sit in the gate with subjects like geology & geophysics...Does my criteria in graduation fulfills it.my email ID is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?