21st September 2017, 01:20 PM
28Deeps

Procedure to apply for officer level jobs in Railways while pursuing B.E. Mechanical Engineering 2nd year?

I am pursuing BE mechanical 2nd year and I want to officer's level job in Railways. So what can I do now? should I search for any coaching or not? Can you please let me know the procedure which I need to follow? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. How many Technical and Non Technical exams are available in the Indian Railways that a Mechanical Engineering student can apply?
  2. How to take up government jobs in Railways? I am in last year of B.E from Mechanical Engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Internship opportunities in Indian Railway for Mechanical Engineering student?
  4. Procedure to apply for mechanical engineering jobs in Railways after completion of 10th standard?
  5. Procedure to apply for training in Indian Railways after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. List of government jobs for B.E Mechanical engineers who are suffering from partially blind?
  7. How can I get job in Indian Railway Traction being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  8. Can I apply for Mining Sector jobs while pursuing Mechanical Engineering?
  9. What are the jobs available in railways for IT engineers? I am pursuing B.Tech IT
  10. Will I be able to get admission in top universities of US pursuing 2nd year of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Required procedure for this?
  11. How to become an Army officer while pursuing engineering degree? What is the procedure?
  12. How can I apply for Summer Training programme in Indian Railways being a Diploma 2nd year student in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How can I apply Internship in DRDO while pursuing 3rd year Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible for UES or any other officer level entry exam for Navy or Army or Air Force having a year drop in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Procedure to apply for engine driver job in Railways after completion of mechanical engineering?
  16. Procedure to apply for Vocational Training in Gorakhpur Railways for BTech Mechanical 3rd year student? -- [New]
  17. Procedure to join railways after completion of B.E mechanical engineering?
  18. Procedure to apply in Summer Internship for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
22nd September 2017, 04:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for officer level jobs in Railways while pursuing B.E. Mechanical Engineering 2nd year?

If you want to get recruitment in Indian Railway as an Officer then you have to appear in I.E.S or Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination and I.E.S. examination is conducted by UPSC. The minimum required eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with examination. So, you are not eligible to appear in examination while pursuing in 2nd year of B.E degree.

Final year candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

For most of the officer level examination conducted by RRB also the required minimum qualification is bachelor degree.

Yes, if you want to join any coaching institute for preparation of examination you can join it.

For I.E.S --- Made Easy

For Civil Service --- VAJIRAM and RAVI, ALS, RAU'S IAS etc.
23rd September 2017, 08:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for officer level jobs in Railways while pursuing B.E. Mechanical Engineering 2nd year?

No, you can't apply for officer level jobs in Railways while pursuing B.E Mechanical Engineering 2nd year. To be eligible to apply for officer level jobs in Railways, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university. Since, you are pursuing B.E Mechanical Engineering 2nd year, you can't apply for officer level jobs in Railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?