25th March 2010, 04:33 PM
vidhyacs08

Procedure to do MBA in IGNOU? What is the last date of it? Is there any need of working experience? Should I apply for MAT?

I am pursuing acs final ...i want to do mba in ignou..whats the procedure..? When is the last date...? Whether i need any working experience n i shud apply for mat or not

6th September 2011, 04:30 PM
Aliza

Default Re: Procedure to do MBA in IGNOU? What is the last date of it? Is there any need of working experience? Should I apply for MAT?

IGNOU Master of Business Administration (MBA) Course prepare students for productive careers in Management and Business Studies. To get Admission in IGNOU MBA you have pass IGNOU OPENMAT Examination compulsory which held twice a year.Without attending and passing IGNOU OPENMAT you cannot get Admission in IGNOU MBA.

Name of the Programme:
Master of Business Administration (MBA)

Eligibility:
a) Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks of General Category and 45% marks in reserved category; OR Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of supervisory/managerial/professional experience, or Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/ Architecture / Law / Pharmacy; or Professional Qualifications in Accountancy/ Cost and Works Accountancy/Company Secretaryship etc. or Masters Degree in any subject.
b) Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU. The candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test for admission into Management Programme conducted by institutions like CAT, MAT and State level tests need not appear in OPENMAT.
c) Non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years ofManagerial/ Supervisory / professional experience are eligible for taking admission into Diploma in Management only after clearing the entrance test.

Min. age Duration:
No Bar

Year Min. Max.
2˝ years 8 years

ENTRANCE TEST (OPENMAT XXIX, XXX and XXXI) Admission to Management Programmes of IGNOU is done through OPENMAT Entrance test, held twice a year. For appearning in the entrance test (OPENMAT) a student has to fill up APPLICATION FORM FOR OPENMAT ENTRANCE TEST–Form 1 which is provided separately in an envelope alongwith this STUDENT HANDBOOK AND PROSPECTUS.

You need to send the form in the same envelope attached in the Prospectus by Registered/Speed Post so as to reach the IGNOU H.Q. on or before the last date printed on the application form. No other document is required to be submitted alongwith this form. The Entrance Test will be held on the following dates:

OPENMAT XXIX - 06.02.2011 (Sunday 10.00 A.M. — 1.00 P.M.)
OPENMAT XXX - 21.08.2011 (Sunday 10.00 A.M. — 1.00 P.M.)
OPENMAT XXXI - 05.02.2012 (Sunday 10.00 A.M. — 1.00 P.M.)

After successfully clearing the OPENMAT exam, IGNOU will send a notification to you regarding to the further admission procedure.

For more information please visit www.ignou.ac.in
8th September 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to do MBA in IGNOU? What is the last date of it? Is there any need of working experience? Should I apply for MAT?

Is it necessary to clear the enterance exam
10th October 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it necessary to clear the enterance exam
Absolutely necessary
17th October 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

can you tell me after BBA what is give me better scope mba or mca
25th December 2011, 12:07 PM
rrmm92

IGNOU MBA you have pass IGNOU OPENMAT Examination compulsory which held twice a year.Without attending and passing IGNOU OPENMAT you cannot get Admission in IGNOU MBA.Admission to Management Programmes of IGNOU is done through OPENMAT Entrance test, held twice a year. For appearning in the entrance test (OPENMAT) a student has to fill up APPLICATION FORM FOR OPENMAT

GOODLUCK
12th February 2012, 04:16 PM
Shivam.Tiwari

It seems that you are interested in applying for IGNOU entrance exam. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a national university with its headquarters in New Delhi named after former Prime Minister of India Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
To get admission in IGNOU distance education program, you have to pass your graduation with a minimum of 50% marks. And you have to clear the OPEN MAT examination conducted by IGNOU. The course is 700/- rupees per course.
For more queries, you can ask your doubts to be cleared in this educational forum site.
3rd July 2013, 08:33 PM
sabeeha16

Hi,

Sir i have applied for openmat XXXIV. In the application form they have given just two blocks for year of graduation should i fill it as just 13 or 2013.
7th August 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Having work experience for pursuing MBA from IGNOU is a compulsion...???
Thank you.
6th September 2014, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi,am pursing my b.com now I want to join mba in IGNOU.I dont have work experience, so can I apply for mba in IGNOU
20th April 2016, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have work experience for studying MBA from ignou? And is it important to have subjects like maths and economics for MBA because I don't want to study it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?