13th February 2011, 01:22 PM
bhati2011

Procedure of doing M.Tech in Structure Engineering after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

I am doing B.Tech in Civil Engineering. Now I am in second year. My aim is to do M.Tech in Structure Engineering. So please guide me.??

Related Questions:
  1. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  3. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  4. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  5. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  6. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  7. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  8. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  9. Any M.Tech courses in Civil Engineering in JNU?
  10. Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?
  11. Procedure to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) in Abroad for H.S. student? In which entrance exam I have to appear? -- [New]
  12. Is it possible to take M.Tech Civil engineering after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  13. What is the fee structure for M.E/M.Tech in civil engineering course in BVM
  14. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  15. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  16. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  17. Mtech in aeronautics after btech in electrical and electronics? possible?
  18. What is the procedure to join B.Tech civil engineering?
14th February 2011, 10:21 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of doing M.Tech in Structure Engineering after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

hi..
to do m.tech in structural engineering you have to clear gate exam first,
if you want to do it from good institute like the iit then you have to get an rank of below 100 in gate at least because structures is the most sort after field,
as you are in second year concentrate on the basics and try to make your foundations of the subject really strong
try to take some kind of coaching either classroom course or postal course,it will be really helpful
some of the best coaching centers for gate are
1.ace academy
2.made easy academy
the website address of these two coaching institutes are
http://www.iesmadeeasy.org/
http://www.aceenggacademy.com/
16th February 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure of doing M.Tech in Structure Engineering after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

Well,congratulations..as you are planning for PG.Its really good.For that,you can opt gate..Its a nice option..
But i would like to suggest that its better to do PG from the same field by which you are pursuing your graduations.It will be very beneficial for you.It will not only make your studies easy,compatible,interesting but also will prove very profitable in case of placements..Otherwise,first question that will arise in the minds of interviewers will be,why you switched from civil to structure...and in that case you need to present very strong answer from your side..
Anyways,finally its your decision..
ALL THE VERY BEST for your bright future.
16th February 2011, 02:07 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Hi...Its very good that you are planning for higher studies.For M.Tech in structure engineering you can go for GATE.
But i would rather suggest you to accomplish higher studies from the same field by which you have completed your graduations.It will not only make your studies easy,compatible and interesting but also your increase your chances in campus selection.
Otherwise,first question of interviewers will be about your switching over from civil to structure.and it that case you need to present a very strong answer from your side.
Anyways,at last its your decision.
ALL THE VERY BEST for your future.
16th February 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

I want top collage of civil engineering in lucknow.
17th February 2011, 12:22 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Upper post is mine and still it is showing it by unregistered user.I do not why...
17th February 2011, 12:56 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Well,congratulations..as you are planning for PG.Its really good.For that,you can opt gate..Its a nice option..
But i would like to suggest that its better to do PG from the same field by which you are pursuing your graduations.It will be very beneficial for you.It will not only make your studies easy,compatible,interesting but also will prove very profitable in case of placements..Otherwise,first question that will arise in the minds of interviewers will be,why you switched from civil to structure...and in that case you need to present very strong answer from your side..
Anyways,finally its your decision..
ALL THE VERY BEST for your bright future.
17th July 2011, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

can we do M.Tech in structure Engineering after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
5th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

I am doing B.E. IC engineering in second year i want to do M.Tech in structure engineering please guide me.....
5th August 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

I am doing B.E. IC engineering in second year i want to do M.Tech in structure engineering please guide me
2nd January 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

is der any colleges dat does m.tech abroad????
22nd February 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

My present Qualification is BE(CS) from BPUT,Orissa,i am very interested for Mtech Structural Engg pls reply me
18th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Naninag93

Well,you choose very good option.first you prepare well on your course subjects,you have more grip on your course subjects you will get the good knowledge about your courses.You want to do M.tech in structures ,first you get the gate rank below the 100,then you get the seat on iit's.You also learn the Staadpro ,it is more benifit in your M.tech
7th August 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

plz can u say me the best courses of m.tech in structure
6th September 2013, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

heyyy......i am studing in civil engineering(irrigation and water managent)....can i do M.E or M.TECH in structure engineering after completion of BE...plzz give me the answerr.........plzzzz plzzz.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?