9th November 2019, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join NCC as a private candidate?

I am presently studying in class 12th from Science stream with PCM subject combination and my age is 17 years. I don't have NCC in my school and I am very much interested in joining NCC. So, could you please guide me on ways to join NCC.

17th November 2019, 11:50 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join NCC as a private candidate?

In NCC, there are two wings that are categorised on the basis of candidate's age.
  • Junior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) - 12 years to 18.5 years
  • Senior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) - upto 26 years

Since, your age is 17 years so you will have to join Junior Division/Wing of NCC. So, you will have to apply to the Headmaster of the school providing the unit. You need to fill up Form II.

If the Headmaster is satisfied with your application and enrollment form, then he/she will proceed you for further medical examination. Then, you will have to sign in Declaration form II along with your guardian.

To be eligible for joining NCC, you must be:
  • A citizen of India or a subject of Nepal
  • Possessing good moral character
  • Qualify medical standards
  • Studying in any recognized education institution

For more information regarding joining NCC, you can visit this link: http://nccindia.nic.in/en/content/cadets-corner-1
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?