20th April 2015, 07:35 PM
shubham shivhare new

Required annual income to get OBC reservation benefit in IIT?

Well actually my father annual income is 6.5 lakhs so tell me that can i eligible to get benefit of OBC reservation in IIT admission.

21st April 2015, 01:33 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Required annual income to get OBC reservation benefit in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham shivhare new View Post
Well actually my father annual income is 6.5 lakhs so tell me that can i eligible to get benefit of OBC reservation in IIT admission.
For IIT admission, those Indian nationals belong to different categories like OBC NCL, SC and ST are eligible for reservation and remaining other will be considered under general category only.

OBC belonging to Non Creamy layer has 27% of seats in every course. For Scheduled caste there is 15% reservation of seats in every course whereas for ST case students, there is 7.5% of reservation available.

Note, benefit of reservation will be given to only those castes and tribes which are mentioned in central list of corresponding states mentioned by government of India.

Talking about your query, lets first discuss what is NCL and what is creamy layer, those parents whose income is above 6 lakhs per annum comes under Creamy layer and those who earns less than 6 lakhs per annum is under Non creamy layer category. As you father's annual income is 6.5 lakhs then you are not under OBC NCL category. Any OBC category other than NCL is considered as general category only and will be given same privilege as General category has.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?