18th August 2018, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Requirements to join Merchant Navy for BTech Mechanical student?

Hi Sir, I am studying BTech with Mechanical Engineering course. I am in 4th semester and after completing my BTech, I want to join Merchant Navy. Kindly help me to know about the requirements for me to join Merchant Navy. Thank you!

19th August 2018, 05:25 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to join Merchant Navy for BTech Mechanical student?

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to join merchant navy after b.tech in Mechanical Engineering.

=> For that you have to appear in an entrance exam conducted by Indian Maritime university.

=> After that you have to do an afloat training.

=> For more information you can visit at the official website: http://imu.tn.nic.in
19th August 2018, 11:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to join Merchant Navy for BTech Mechanical student?

Yes, you are eligible to join Merchant Navy being a Mechanical Engineer.

In fact, direct entry to Merchant Navy is possible for a student holding a bachelor's degree in mechanical / electrical / Technology Engineering and they could join the Merchant Navy as a Engineer cadet /fifth engineer/ junior engineer.
Direct entry engineering candidates are preferred to do a pre course of 9 months duration in Marine Engineering conducted by the MRI.

You can find job in various shipping companies in the government and private sector. Foreign shipping companies also of a good job prospect.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?