2nd June 2018, 01:15 AM
_mak__cr7

Requirements to join Merchant Navy course for 12th Science student?

Hello Sir, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. My subjects are, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science. I want to join Merchant Navy. So, I would like to know about the requirements for joining Merchant Navy course.

3rd June 2018, 01:03 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to join Merchant Navy course for 12th Science student?

Requirements to join Merchant Navy course for 12th Science student are given below.

=> Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens.

=> Candidate should have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

=> The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination, Interview and medical Test.

=> Also you should to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment.
3rd June 2018, 08:35 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mak__cr7 View Post
Hello Sir, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. My subjects are, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science. I want to join Merchant Navy. So, I would like to know about the requirements for joining Merchant Navy course.
You will have to apply for JEE Main exam for joining Merchant Navy course. Because, many merchant navy institutes admit candidates on the basis of JEE Main scores only. You may also have to appear for Personal Interview.
3rd June 2018, 10:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Red face Re: Requirements to join Merchant Navy course for 12th Science student?

Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy:

A candidate must have completed 10 plus 2 with PCM from a recognised board with at least 60% marks.

Age limit should be in between 16 to 25 years.

Candidate should be physically and mentally strong, fit.

Eligibility to join diploma in nautical science:

The minimum qualification for this course is 10 + 2 with PCM as compulsory subject.

Merchant Navy entrance exam: All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test is conducted by Bharat shipping Limited used in the month of November every year for following courses:

BTech Naval Architecture and Shipping Building

BSc Nautical Science

BTech in Marine Engineering
3rd June 2018, 11:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To join Merchant Navy you can appear in this AIMNET i.e. All India Merchant Navy entrance test that is conducted by Bharat shipping Limited usually in the month of November or December every year.

One must have completed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board with at least 50% marks in order to appear in this entrance exam.
5th June 2018, 11:39 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can apply for Merchant Navy if you have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You will be eligible for Deck Cadet post in Merchant Navy.

You should have very good eyesight and required medical fitness if you are aiming for Merchant Navy career.

If you want to join the engineering fields of Merchant Navy then you should have complete Bachelor's degree in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering.

Before joining Merchant Navy you will undergo Pre Sea training. So if you have the zeal to join an adventurous career like Merchant Navy then you must be well prepared for it.

To join Merchant Navy you have to pass written examination and medical fitness test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?