15th August 2018, 03:15 AM
Rajdeep shill

Requirements to study B.Tech Civil in Bengaluru for 12th student from Bihar Board?

Hi everyone, I am interested to studying B.Tech in Civil Engineering. I am studying in 12th standard right now from Bihar Board. But I want to do B.Tech from Bengaluru. So, can I know about the requirements for studying this B.Tech course as I belong from Bihar?

13th September 2018, 09:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to study B.Tech Civil in Bengaluru for 12th student from Bihar Board?

Being a student of Class 12th from Bihar Board, to study B.Tech in Civil Engineering from a engineering college in Bengaluru you are required to either qualify KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) held by KEA ( Karnataka Examination Authority) or JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) for admission to CFTIs (Centrally Funded Institute of Technology) of Bengaluru.

Also, to be eligible for appearing in either of the two mentioned entrance test, you are required to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group.

For more details regarding the KCET and JEE, you can refer to the link www.kea.kar.nic.in
and www.jeemain.nic.in respectively.
15th September 2018, 08:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to study B.Tech Civil in Bengaluru for 12th student from Bihar Board?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the entrance examination and after qualifying in the entrance examination will become eligible for B.Tech in Bangalore.

The eligibility to get admission in Civil Engineering is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

After qualifying in the COMEDK and JEE you are eligible to get admission in government and private colleges of Bengaluru.
15th September 2018, 09:41 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech is Bachelor in Technology and it is four year course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper.

As bihar board is a recognised board candidates passed 12th in PCM are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted for admission in private colleges of Bengaluru and other state.
15th September 2018, 10:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, candidates from Bihar Board are eligible to get admission in the B.Tech course in the colleges of Bengaluru.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in colleges. So, visit the institute official website to get detail for the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?