21st May 2010, 07:12 PM
sahil pc

Role of merit in state board after 10+2?

i have got 94% marks in 10+2 hp board and was 8th in merit.in PCM i have got 97% marks.pls tell me about good engineering in north that give admission on 10+2 marks also as my aieee & iit have not gone good.what can i do now.how is placement of amity university.

23rd May 2010, 01:06 AM
alrounder

Default Re: Role of merit in state board after 10+2?

Congrats for your great score First focus in your basic area of interests and select courses accordingly.. Dont worry abt the marks which have not gone good (IIT and AIEEE). U can choose courses like Computer science and engineering, Biomedical, Electronics and Communication Engg. See i say u again.. All the courses depends on your interests first.. Choose the course with an interest so that u could come out with a great spirit..! Placements are quite improving as the recessions are moving away slowly .. So be confident that it returns back to old state before u complete the course.. All the best..!
23rd May 2010, 02:22 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

First of all Congratutlations for scoring such excellent.

If your AIEEE and IITJEE has not gone good, no problem you have decided well to opt for Amity University.

Amity University offers 100% Scholarship to meritorious students like you. You can study any course free of cost there.

Amity University is India's no.1 Private University, with excellent Faculty and more then 90% placement record in Engineering.

There is nothing to think about it, just opt for it.

If you have any doubt no problem, just log on to its official website- http://www.amity.edu/ and Chat with Academic Councellor there. She will clear all your doubt regarding admission.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
23rd May 2010, 02:54 PM
atulorsonu

congrats..ur score is really fantastic.
u must make it assured 1st dat amity gives 100% scolarships to state board students or not.then as far as i feel delhi college of engeneering(now delhi technical university)is a nice option .u must think abt dat also.n y do u want in north on only.south, particularly bangalore is a nice option .VIT will also b easy for u.try to contact as many colleges as u can directly or even talk to some counseller.they will guide u gud.n if i was in ur place i would think of dropping a year n make into jee as ur results speak abt ur potential..rest ur choice
bye n all d best
23rd May 2010, 04:40 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey congrats for scoring such a good marks.........as an science student you cant take the advantage of it as all the admission for the science student is based on the entrance exam........

so if you have scored well in the entrance exam then you will get good marks otherwise there may be some problem in the admission.....

best wishes
23rd May 2010, 11:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Amity is not a bad choice at all, try Bits Pilani too, they also give good weightage to your excellent academic performance. All the very best
24th May 2010, 06:48 AM
drdo99
Banned

Dear friend,
I am myself a engg. Student . so, a good score in 12th is a great asset.
But,assetly colleges today are money vending machines. Since,your competitive exams went wrong,I feel sorry. You could try at satyabhama,srm college. You can personally go some colleges in your hub,to get information. Call me at +919163084286. I will ask my college authorities.
Good luck.
24th May 2010, 10:26 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend there are so many government engineering colleges which take admission of the candidates which get top ten position in their respective states.
kindly visit the office of any state technical university for more information.
& no doubt the placement of Amity in very nice but it is a very costly institute , you can try for any other private engineering college.like BITS,pilani.
good luck.
24th May 2010, 07:09 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
the merit has got a great significances in any one's career.it gives you the priority over someone who have scored same but not having the merit. you can get any good colleges in india looking at your marks and you can do well ahead in future.its importance is also realized later when you sit for the campussing of any companies and its interview
30th June 2010, 06:36 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

yes you can get at various engg. colleges and at primer institutuions of learning.
18th August 2010, 07:58 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yeah there are some institutes which do admit students on the basis of merit like Anna University which conduct admission on the basis of merit.

You can apply for them. I dont know abt the institutes in north though as the list is not available anywhere. You may search yourself by asking your peers and friends

If your JEE and AIEEE havent gone good then you can try them next year as i know you wil do it looking at ur percentages

And Amity is an ok and average college.If you can get a better college then that than opt over it
18th August 2010, 08:33 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
you have scored very good marks so you should do preparation of IIT and AIEEE because these marks will play very important role in future. so you should do professional course.

all the best.
18th August 2010, 08:59 PM
answers_for_you

You are really a meritorious student,so do not worry for any thing else ,

Just take Admission in the Amity university ,it is one of the top ranked university in India..

And you will also get the scholarship for any of the courses you opt..

So be happy and take admission,do not dishearten for the AIEEE and IIT exams.

Amity is the good place you have choose,it has more then 90% of placement record also.

All the best..
18th August 2010, 09:35 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

really it is very good news that you have got 8th in your state board,

as you do not get good marks in the aieee as well as iit jee.

but there is no need to worry there is still many good college in India in which you can

take the admission, some of the college also take direct admission for the meritorious

students.bits Pilani also takes some admission for the meritorious students.
18th August 2010, 09:45 PM
gayathriraj

superb... your score is a very good score sir . why can't you try in your local area first. and i know a institution which mainly focus on merit students. its amity institution. its the website http://www.amity.edu/. and you can approach also anna university. its website is www.annauniv.edu.co.in
19th August 2010, 12:20 AM
Raj333

dear frnd.............
merit will be caunted everywhere.if u r getting more than 60% in both 10th and 12th exam then only u will giving theIITexam otherwise u cannot.if u getting more than 80% than only u will fillup the BITS form.if u are getting more than 90% marks than u may take scholarship which is given by the college .
best of luck.....................................
19th August 2010, 12:24 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Role of merit in state board after 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil pc View Post
i have got 94% marks in 10+2 hp board and was 8th in merit.in PCM i have got 97% marks.pls tell me about good engineering in north that give admission on 10+2 marks also as my aieee & iit have not gone good.what can i do now.how is placement of amity university.
amity univercity is too good for study as well as for placement point of view
you can farely choose it it provide about 100% placement.
best of luck dear
19th August 2010, 12:46 AM
danveer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil pc View Post
congratulation dear so are so good in study you can take admission in amity without any fear.
best of luck.
19th August 2010, 08:47 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

u have scored brilliant result in 10+2.

as u have not scored good result in AIEEE or IIT. so u will not be able to take admission in govt. colleges.

but there are many private colleges those offer scholarship for the students like u.

KIIT

AMITY UNIVERSITY

VIT

MANIPAL UNIVERSITY

SHARDA UNIVERDITY

as u are interested to join AMITY so i will tell u to go for it.

it is avery good college with proper facilities.

all the best.
19th August 2010, 09:14 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Congrats buddy for achieving such a good marks......so in my view you should start preparing for various competitive exams.........it will help in your placements............
Wish You All the best!!!!!!!!!!!
20th August 2010, 08:40 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

of course , having merit in state board is helps you a lot in getting admission in engineering colleges.

BITS pilani gives direct admission to students who has done well in state board.

you can get scholarship on the basis of your merit.

also AMITY university is very good institute, so you can take admission if your rank in iitjee and aieee is not good.

best of luck.
5th February 2011, 08:31 PM
diego
Banned

well it has a role to play for top ranking students ... it adds immense value to your CV
It has certain benefits also like BITS pilani which is a top engineering college in country
ranked around 6-7 in india gives direct admission to state board toppers.
Further being in top ranks is like getting 10 GPA ... which is kind of ticket to certain top colleges like IIMB... topper students are given full points in grading system used in Giving calls to students and also in final scores which will help a lot in final selection,
It Gains a lot of points for you in interviews ... the above advantage accrues to you in admission process abroad like US/EUROPE where to know your relative score ( used to give scores for admission process) you will get full scores which will help in securing admission. sice it will mean like an A+ grade.
for now you should appear for IIT/AIEEE second chance ... if you get good colleges through them you will get much better career.
Amity is like oky kind of college... but remember in any college you must perform well
and develop your personality keeping your career in life and also from GDPI point of view.
such skills like good communication,Urbane manners will help you much more than just bookish knowledge.
17th March 2011, 08:20 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi friend,

If your AIEEE and IITJEE has not gone good, no problem you have decided well to opt for Amity University.

Amity University offers 100% Scholarship to meritorious students like you. You can study any course free of cost there.

Amity University is India's no.1 Private University, with excellent Faculty and more then 90% placement record in Engineering.

If you have any doubt no problem, just log on to its official website- http://www.amity.edu/ and Chat with Academic Councellor there. She will clear all your doubt regarding admission.
thank
17th March 2011, 08:26 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,

thank
14th April 2011, 05:25 PM
chiranjeev90

hii,
with this kind of percentage you shouldn't worry for any college,as u have the caliber
so i will strongly recommend you to prepare for IIT's and NIT's for pursuing your BTECH PROGRAMME there.
no doubt AMITY college is a very good college as it provides good campus placements to students,good infrastructure,good quality of education and one of the well renowned college in INDIA.
as u are a merit student it will add immense value into your CV during recruitment process.

some of the good demmed universities apart from AMIITY is
KIITS,
MANIPAL UNIVEISTY
SHRADHA UNIVERSITY,
VELLORE INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY,
SRM
2nd June 2011, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Role of merit in state board after 10 2?

i had got 100percent marks in optionals in andhrapradesh state board can i get a admission in top most engineering on the basis of this merit
28th July 2011, 11:00 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?