17th May 2010, 06:57 PM
spatil

Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state?

I have migrated to maharastra for last 13 years.
My kids study in pune 1 - 10 th std + 2 years
But birth certificate is from karnataka
Can I get a domicile certificate?
Can a get a Maharastra state quota ?
If no we are hanging between two states due to bureaucracy and politics?

It is very painful to go thru the process of so called Domicile certificate. It is full of bureaucracy. common person suffer a lot.

All these confusion, misery, mental torture is unbearable

Related Questions:
  1. Is my son eligible to appear for PMET exam if he has done 11th from Bathinda(Punjab) and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab?
  2. How to get the Gujarat State Domicile Certificate? Can I give any exam for local government jobs including Panchayat?
  3. How could I get the Domicile Certificate?
  4. Will I be considered in 85% seats reservation in DTU if I am a resident of Delhi but did schooling from outside Delhi?
  5. How can I get domicile certificate from Nagpur collector office if my son was born in Nagpur but never stayed there?
  6. Is domicile certificate required in Maharashtra State Govt Service? I'm from Madhya Pradesh and Not having domicile certificate of Maharashtra
  7. How may I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I'm not living in Maharashtra and neither having schooling from Maharashtra
  8. How to obtain Maharashtra domicile certificate from Thane Tahsildar Officer?
  9. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  10. How to obtain domicile certificate of Bihar state? I was born in Jharkhand and my father is living in Bihar from last one year. I don't have any proof accept my pan card
  11. How Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra as I've completing my schooling upto 12th here? Can I get admission in government MBBS college without domicile certificate?
  12. What all documents are required to get a domicile certificate of Maharashtra State?
  13. Is domicile certificate required for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Will there be any problem for me for IBPS exam, if got domicile from MP and SC caste certificate from Maharashtra? -- [New]
  15. For uptech exam Domicile Certificate of uttar pardesh state is required or not?
  16. How to get Domicile certificate for Minors living in Hyderabad for more than 2 years?
  17. Is domicile certificate necessary to apply for SSC examination of Maharashtra Board privately?
  18. Documents to be submitted by an NRI for Diploma admission in Punjab?
17th May 2010, 07:52 PM
prakashbioc

Default Re: Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatil View Post

It is very painful to go thru the process of so called Domicile certificate. It is full of bureaucracy. common person suffer a lot.

Hello,
It is sorry to hear this from you and you are correct and if you are intended to obtain a domicile certificate you must be born in that state and but as of now you cant get the certificate in the Maharashtra but you can get it in Karnataka.
Try it !!!
17th May 2010, 08:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state?

Yes, domicile certiciates of of two types - by birth and by residence. You can apply to local authorities with necessary residence proofs, identity proofs, tahsilar enquiry report etc. You can apply for a domicile certificate. But you can avail domicile certificate from only one state.
17th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes it is possible for you too get the domicile but it is a very long procedure and you need to be eligible for it as well.
your dad should ask his officer to issue a certificate saying he got tranferred to this place few years ago and then with the help of that certificate you can have your domicile certificate
17th May 2010, 09:30 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Sorry to say but i dont think you are going to get one soon.

As far as i know, this certificate is issued to those who prove that they have been continuously staying in Maharashtra State for a period of 15 years.

Here is the process to obtain a DOMICILE certificate [hope it helps somebody]

1. Introduction : This certificate is issued to those who prove that they have been continuously staying in Maharashtra State for a period of 15 years.

The Certificate is essential for following purposes -

* For getting preference in admission to Medical, Pharmacy & Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra

* For obtaining Driving Badge from Regional Transport Authorities

* For obtaining Flat/Plots from Government Quota

2. Under What Act/Rules/Govt. orders the Certificate is issued :
Education purpose
* Govt. of Maha. Revenue & Forest Dept. No.MSC-1083/8161/CR-63/M-5 dt.27.5.1983.

Taxi Badge
* Govt.of Maharashtra. Home Deptt. Notification No.MVA-0289/613/TRA-2 dated 31 October 1991.

* Letter No.RTO/M/(M) from Regional Transport Officer, Mumbai (Central), Public Badge/1991/O. Sr.No. 8494 dated 11.12.1991.

MHADA flats/Plots
* Govt. of Maha. Housing and Special Assistance Deptt. No.Allot/1089/5397/Desk-4 dt.22.9.1989.

* Govt. of Maha. Housing and Special Assistance Deptt. Govt. Circular No.Hsg/1190/(9)/D-19 dated 11. April 1991.

3. Whom to apply :Collector of Mumbai, Old Custom House, Fort, Mumbai - 400001, Ground floor, Single Window.

4. How to apply :Application to be made in the prescribed form Affix Court Fee Stamp of Rs.5/- on the application

5. What documents to attach :Certified copies of the following documents are required to be attached along with application:

* Any proof showing 15 years stay (i.e. ration card, rent receipt, electric bill etc.)

* Attested xerox copy of first and last page of ration card

* Affidavit duly affirmed on stamp paper of Rs.20/-.

1. For Medical, Pharmacy & Engineering Colleges admission School Leaving Certificate or HSC Exam Hall ticket

2. For Taxi badge from RTO driving licence and domicile Certificate.

3. For MHADA Flats/Plots certificied copy of allotment letter

6. Where to submit the Application - Single window, Ground floor, Old Custom House

7. Time limit within which the certificate will be delivered - 7 days

8. Complaint Redressal authority - Collector office Mumbai City

Application form will be available at Old custom house
18th May 2010, 02:25 PM
kirankshinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatil View Post

Dear Friend

I would like to say that you will get the domicile certificate in Maharashtra. for that you need to apply to the concern Mucipal office.

You need to know that the Domicile certificate has been made compulsory now a day for admission in colleges which is a latest change since last few year.

It doesn't matter where you are born for getting Domicile certificate.

U need to take "Rahivacy Dakhla from Gram Panchayat or concern office" which need to be produced before the Officer to whom you will make the application for the Domicile certificate.

I would like to inform u that even a maharshtran person need to give domicile certificate to the college while getting addmission.

I would advice u to go and apply and only then you shall get the certificate. Don't keep on courseing the politician or burocarcy of our country.

Try and follow the rules.

I am sure u shall get the certificate very soon but for that apply now.

Regards
4th July 2010, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

I am a domicile resident of Maharashtra (Born in Maharashtra) and hold an OBC reservation from the state of Karnataka (since my father was from Karnataka). Can I avail of the reservation in the state of Maharashtra?
15th August 2010, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

i have applied for domicile certificate in dist. kolhapur, state maharashtra. for that i have attached all required cirtified documents with the application. but authority is asking me to give the proof of birth place. my l
school LC is showing place of birth is INDIAN. other than this i dont have any proof of my birth place.
my birth date is 20/12/1954. pl adivise me what to do to get the DOMICILE. for this i have submitted
documents like SLC,Ration card,Voters card. Pan Card,Driving licence,Rahivashi Dakhala from Talathi,
and affidevit in which i mentioned dot 20/12/1954 & place of birth is KOLHAPUR. all this is not agreeing
the Kolhapur Dandadhikari. pl guide me.
17th August 2010, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

What are the documents required for getting a domicile ceritficate
18th August 2010, 04:48 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

if you are intended to obtain a domicile certificate you must be born in that state and but as of now you cant get the certificate in the Maharashtra but you can get it in Karnataka. You need to know that the Domicile certificate has been made compulsory now a day for admission in colleges which is a latest change since last few year.It doesn't matter where you are born for getting Domicile certificate.
27th August 2010, 01:27 PM
sanjusays

You need a school lc or college lc showing your place of birth as kolhapur or your birth certificate showing it as kolhapur....Other than this it would be very difficult for you to go through the entire procedure.....
1st September 2010, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Require documents for getting domicile certificate in gujarat...!
15th December 2010, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

change my date of birth on pan card which document attached & original copy attached is compulsary.xerox copy not allowed my original copy missing . i attached xerox copy . change my birth date
30th December 2010, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

What are the documents we should provide to obtain the Domicile certificate? Whom should we submit these documents?
1st February 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

I am born in Pune but I am residing in Kolhapur. Can I get a domicile certificate from Pune ?
12th February 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy i m not getting d domicile certificate

Actually my father tooo don't hav a domicile certificate,so i want to make 2 domicile cert 1 for him n 1 for me.
as we r staying in maharashtra for more than 25 years
but my father and i both were born in kerala
i will tell u d proof for my father i hav shown to dem
All r d attested copies
pan card,school leaving certificate,passport,electricity bill(frm 96 till date),rental bill(frm 91 till date),mtnl phone bill(frm 96 till date),d relinquish affidavit,my father's shop licence(frm 93 till date),ration card etc
but still dey r saying dese proofs r not sufficicient
I hav been too d old customer house for more than 5 times
but still dey r saying dat dey can't give d domicile certificate for me

can any1 help me
18th February 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a Central Government employee and serving from 1997 to till date in Mumbai. Basically I am from Bihar. I have not Domicile Certificate in Mumbai. I need domicile certificate for my son's name for admission in Engineering College in Mumbai through MH-CET. What is process? If any person know please guide me.
14th April 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I live in mumbai since last 8 years .i was born in M.P.!!!!!cn i get domicel of mumbai????
26th April 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

As per Govt Of Maharshtra Official circular issued in 2010, Ration Card will not be considered as proof of adress, Can you please provide me Circular/Notification details. In view of the Cirular/notification, whether Ration Card is mandatory for obtaining a Domicile Certificate or ant other document issued by Govt. showing proof of stay in Maharashtra for last 15 years is sufficient,
Thanks
Anil Kumar
9th May 2011, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
Can i Get a Domicile Certificate of the state(karnataka) where i born. i have degree certificate of the state, ration card is old, passport is not yet expired, no voters id, i have business with value added tex no. office rent aggreement, house is rented and does not have rent agreement. even though i was rejected the Domicile certificate by the Tahasildar in mangalore where i was staying here from last 14-16 yeres but digree certificate and birth place is of honnavar. in such case i cannot get domicile certificate which i need for my wife's transfer which she is working in education department.
17th May 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

when the child is born in pune & the entire education upto enginnering is from pune, & the prrof of residence for last years also has been submitted ..why r they insisting for fathers birth certifiate,. IS fathers X th std marks card containing the DOB is not enough..??
24th May 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

dear friend
the long process for getting domicile is politics.it created by some politicians
no one can change it alone
11th June 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

my son born in nepal .studinng in mumbai from junior k.g. heis nowstuding. in s.y.b .sc.is he able to get domicile cartificate.
11th June 2011, 10:02 PM
amit gaur054

My dear friend.....
>Really it is possible for you too get the domicile but it is a very long procedure and you need to be eligible for it as well.
your dad should ask his officer to issue a certificate saying he got tranferred to this place few years ago and then with the help of that certificate you can have your domicile certificate

best of luck
15th June 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

can i get a domicile certificate of maharashtra on which i am staying only since two years but my father is staying here for 30 years and he has the domicile certificate.
20th June 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admishion in engineering without domicile certificate through management seats?
21st June 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

what percentage of seats reserve for non karnataka students for PGCET-2011 for M tech exam?
22nd June 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Q:Can I get a domicile certificate of Maharashtra state in which I have been staying since 1992 whereas I belong to other state? Basically I am an ex-service personnel and have been staying in Maharashtra since 1992. Even after submitting no. of certificates which proves my staing in Pune since 1992 I have not been issued with domicile certificate as they are
asking 10 years property tax receipt(I have submitted tax receipt of six years as I had purchased this six years before). Kindly help me.

Certificate attached with the application for the proof of residence in Maharashtra.

1) Xerox Copy of Bonafide Certificate of 1092-93 batch of Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune -411001.

2)Photo Copy of Gas Connection Registration from Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Mumbai since Sep 3, 1994 (Old Dealer Code %u2013 96N090, SV No. 0270199 dated 3/9/1994/ New dealer Code %u2013 966140, SV No. 1004819, Consumer No. 616583 dated 7/02/2001).

3)Details of Electricity Supply(Consumer Personal Ledger) with Consumer No.170016968652 since Sep 29, 1997 from Maharshtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd., Wadgaon Sheri Subdivision, Pune.

4)Xerox Copy of Latest Electricity Bill from Nov 2010 to May 2011.

5) Xerox copy of Index No. II.

6) Property Tax receipt including latest receipt of May 2011(Receipt No. 101232).

7) Xerox Copy of gas book issued by Sai Gas Agency, Wadgaon Sheri, Pune.

8) Residencial Certificate from Talati of Kharadi, Pune.

9) PAN Card No. APSPS0036B issued from Pune.

10) MBA Certicate 1993-95 batch from of Pune University.

11) Photo Copy of Passport from Passport Office, Pune( Issue date 15-09-2003, Date of expiry- 14-09-2013).

12) Photo Copy of affidavit of father%u2019s permanent residence.

13) Affidavit from Collectriate Office.
22nd June 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

can I get a domicile certificate from maharashtra. I am residing in chandrapur dist. of maharashtra for 17 years.My children are also studying here.Is it possible to get on line. What are the documents required?
23rd June 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a domicile certificate of Maharashtra state as I am living in state since July 1994 onwards whereas my birth place is Uttar Pradesh?
3rd July 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

My birth place is pune and have passed my 10th and 12th std from pune,but my father birth place is delhi and is central gov.servant in pune for last 30 years.Can i get domicile certificate of Maharashtra state?
15th July 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

I have a domicile of maharashtra. My son was born at my in-laws place in Karnataka. My son has stayed in Mumbai for 12 yrs since birth. We are staying in Gujarat now due to my transfer. Planning to shift to my own house at Mumbai. Can I get domicile certificate of maharashtra for my son. If Yes what are the documents required.???
16th July 2011, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

sir i m doing my graduation in tamil nadu but my nativity is Bihar...........cani get domicile or voter id card of Tamil nadu.....plz.....give me suggestions
9th September 2011, 04:20 PM
ayush11_bisure

i am not living in maharashtra and my bith and school education also not in maharashtra but i want domicile certificate of maharashtra because i wwant to stay in maharashtra permanantly,plz help in this matter ,bcz i want domilcile certificate urgently in job purpose
1st October 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Can i get a domicile certificate as my birth place is nepal in my school leaving certificate
29th October 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
We have been staying in Pune Since almost 1960,My Father Migrated during these years and servred in indain air force as Class 4 Employee,I m born in pune too, Now that mY daughter who was born in Assam During my posting period as i also was in IAF,My question is can i get the domicile certifiacate for her admissions purpose?.What Should i do?
26th November 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

what documents are required to prove domicile of bihar for kshetriya gramin bank clerk vacancies?
28th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

i am a class Xi student and i am preparing for the MHCET test to be held in year 2013

i was not born in maharashtra but i am living here from past 7 year.

i have also passed my X from here only and will appear for XII from the same

so do i need to have a domicile certificat for appearing in the test. And if yes then am i eligible for appearing for it

please reply

warm regards
Meet Verma
[email protected]
28th November 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

i am a class Xi student and i am preparing for the MHCET test to be held in year 2013

i was not born in maharashtra but i am living here from past 7 year.

i have also passed my X from here only and will appear for XII from the same

so do i need to have a domicile certificat for appearing in the test. And if yes then am i eligible for appearing for it

please reply

warm regards
Meet Verma
[email protected]
30th November 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am living in haryana state since 10years and here officer not making my haryana domicile certificate and they says to me for fifteen years residense proof what shouls i do.help me please.thanking you please send any information on my mobile number 09050334006 2.09812520810.
31st December 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

what is form of affidavit for domicile?
can you give copy?
13th January 2012, 05:35 PM
edward1989

I would like to say that you will get the domicile certificate in Maharashtra. for that you need to apply to the concern Mucipal office.

You need to know that the Domicile certificate has been made compulsory now a day for admission in colleges which is a latest change since last few year.

It doesn't matter where you are born for getting Domicile certificate.

U need to take "Rahivacy Dakhla from Gram Panchayat or concern office" which need to be produced before the Officer to whom you will make the application for the Domicile certificate.

I would like to inform u that even a maharshtran person need to give domicile certificate to the college while getting addmission.

I would advice u to go and apply and only then you shall get the certificate. Don't keep on courseing the politician or burocarcy of our country.

Try and follow the rules.

I am sure u shall get the certificate very soon but for that apply now.
18th June 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

PLS REPLY TO DIS ITS DAMN URGENT..!
I WAS BORN IN RAJASTHAN N THEN IMMEDIATELY WE CAME TO THANE..I HAVE BEEN STUDING HERE TILL CLASS 10 N THEN I AGAIN STUDIED IN RAJASTHAN FR 2 YRS...
AM I ELIGIBLE FR DOMICILE CERTIFICATE..?
PLS REPLY.....
26th June 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

My birth place is Karnataka ,I have completed my education B.Sc,B.Ed from Karnataka University. Since 10 yrs I have been working as a School Teacher in Maharashtra.
I have presently decided to continue my studies (M.Sc.) here in Nashik. There would be change in state as well as University too. I need to produce a Domicile Certificate.Iam reciding in Nashik since 5 yrs. from which state should I get the domicile certificate done?
Jyothi Kamath
24th August 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

i have domicile of haryana of 3years back date do i need to apply again or renewed or that existing one will work
12th September 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i am from patna ,bihar and i want to have a domicile from delhi since my families are living there from more than 15 years.............this is only 2 take admission in DTU... please have a favour sir?
26th December 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED 12th FROM UP AND AM RESIDENT OF DELHI AM I LEGIBLE FOR STATE KOTA SEATS IN NEET
15th June 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

i was born in karnataka n for last 7 years residing in maharastra i need to get admission in engineering but problem with domicile certificate from where can i issue domicile certificate and how?its urgent.what is the procedure ?
5th February 2014, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

i want to take part in bcece medical exam it needs domicil of bihar but i am from utter pradesh ,my all studies are from bihar can i get domicile of bihar.
12th June 2014, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

my daughter was born in mumbai but did her schooling in gujrat. she is now in class 12. i was born and done graduation from mumbai. is it possible for her to get a domicile certificate in maharashra
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?