14th July 2020, 08:44 PM
Nikshith Kumar vanam

Which Science subject combination is needed to do either Mechanical or Electrical branch?

Respected Madam, I have completed my Intermediate education with MEC subject group. So, do I have any chance to get either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering branch in B.Tech?

15th July 2020, 11:03 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is needed to do either Mechanical or Electrical branch?

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Technology course is defined as below:

1. Academic qualification: Minimum academic qualification required is 12th passed from a recognized university.

PCM subjects are necessary in senior secondary board examination.

2. You can apply for NTA Joint Entrance Examination for admission in engineering courses.

If you have not studied PCM subjects in 12th then you can not apply for engineering courses.
15th July 2020, 01:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is needed to do either Mechanical or Electrical branch?

The eligibility to get admission in the mechanical or electrical course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, candidates without having PCM as main paper in std 12th are not eligible to get admission in the mechanical or electrical branch.
15th July 2020, 02:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

••• To pursue BTech in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, the candidate has to opt for a combination of subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in intermediate.
15th July 2020, 06:19 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing B.Tech in any engineering college, you must have PCM subject combination (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

Almost all engineering streams like Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Computer Science, Civil can be pursued by students having PCM stream in 11th and 12th standard.

Also, to appear for engineering entrance exam, you will require PCM subject combination. Because, questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Since, you have subject combination of MEC i.e. Mathematics, Economics, and Commerce. So, you won't be able to pursue engineering course. Since, you won't get admission in engineering colleges so better you can pursue other bachelor courses as per your interest/stream.
16th July 2020, 09:28 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Which Science subject combination is needed to do either Mechanical or Electrical branch?

Maths and physics are generally the most important subjects for mechanical engineering,or electrical engineering but many students manage to get on a course without having studied them.High school preparation should include geometry, trigonometry, algebra and calculus, plus physics, chemistry and biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?