28th January 2020, 07:08 AM
Gurudev Biswal

Which Science subject combination is needed in Intermediate to join Indian Air Force?

Good Morning Sir, I am Barsha Biswal. Now I am studying in class 10th. My dream is to join Indian Air Force. Can I join it after +2 from Science stream? And Science subject combination is needed in 11th and 12th to join Indian Air Force?

30th January 2020, 09:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is needed in Intermediate to join Indian Air Force?

To join Indian Air Force, the required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper from a recognised board.

So, you can pursue 12th in PCM to become eligible to appear in the entrance examination for selection in Indian Air Force as an officer.

For other entry candidates passed 12th with English as main paper are eligible such as Group 'Y'.
30th January 2020, 09:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is needed in Intermediate to join Indian Air Force?

On the basis of Class 12th education, the options available for Indian Air force are the options for Airman and Commissioned officer. Further, both of these options are available for married Indian male candidates only.

To join Indian Airforce as a commissioned officer after completion of Class 12th, you need to qualify NDA examination held twice every year by UPSC. Also, for appearing in the same examination, you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects from a recognised board. Also, your age need to lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

While for joining as an Airman, you need to qualify Airman recruitment examination. Also, for the same entry, you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects (or in any discipline in case of Airman Y group) with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised board of education. Also, your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years.

For complete details regarding the career options available for you in the Indian Airforce as per your qualifications, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
31st January 2020, 08:55 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidate passed 12th from a recognised board are eligible to join Indian Air Force.

The required stream in std 12th varies with different branch.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in all the stages of examination for final selection.

For detail information about the eligibility criteria go through the notification released for various vacancies.
13th August 2020, 01:11 PM
Siddharth717

In order to join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force, one must have completed bachelors degree program in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects at the higher secondary level..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?