24th February 2020, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is needed to study B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with PCB subject combination. And, now I wish to do B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. Am I eligible? If not, then what are the other better career options available for me with PCB subject combination?

26th February 2020, 08:07 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is needed to study B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are not eligible to appear in entrance examination for admission in B.Tech in Mechanical course.

The eligibility to get admission in mechanical course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in various institutions.
27th February 2020, 09:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is needed to study B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

The minimum education required to pursue B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) degree course in Mechanical engineering branch is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with PCB group subject combination, you are not eligible to pursue degree course in Mechanical engineering.

With PCB group combination, you can go for degree courses like MBBS, BDS, BHMS, B.Pharmacy, BAMS, B.V.Sc., or simply a graduation in intrested stream to get into the field of your liking.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?