6th February 2017, 09:51 AM
Maheshwari tushar

Should a 10th student join coaching institutes after 10th for the preparation of IAS exam? Which subjects should I choose for it?

Hello sir, I am 16 years old student studying in class 10th and want to become an IAS. Should I join coaching institutes after 10th for the preparation? Which subjects should I choose for it?

6th February 2017, 07:27 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should a 10th student join coaching institutes after 10th for the preparation of IAS exam? Which subjects should I choose for it?

No, there is no need to join coaching institute after completion of your 10th standard to prepare for IAS examination. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

So, you can start preparation for IAS examination from third or final year of your Graduation. There is no need to choose any particular subject for pursuing graduation, you can choose any course of your interest for pursuing graduation course to apply for IAS examination.
6th February 2017, 08:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should a 10th student join coaching institutes after 10th for the preparation of IAS exam? Which subjects should I choose for it?

Yes definitely if you are so much determined to become IAS then you can definitely join a coaching institute after passing your 10th standard but personally I think that if you complete your 12th standard in the subject or stream you are interested then it would be really beneficial for you to join coaching institute in your graduation level figures till this time you will not able to cope up with the syllabus. So, first you have to complete your self ended and when you will join your graduation then you can join the coaching institute also. And if you believe in self study then you can also carry on with self study till the completion of your graduation and after that for six months or more you can join coaching institute because at that time you will have the understanding of the syllabus.
16th May 2019, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th & join plus 1 PCMB stream in Cbse school. I would like to prepare for UPSC Exam. Please give any suggestion.
21st May 2022, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I am in 11th standard ... I am thinking to join UPSC coachings.... Is it beneficial or possible to join coaching from now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?