2nd May 2013, 07:09 PM
Mustafaaslamshaikh

Should I do diploma or degree after SSC?

I had completed my ssc examination this year I want my career in engineering so I should do a diploma course or I should do a degree in Bsc I.e 11th &12th please help me out.

Related Questions:
3rd May 2013, 09:04 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do diploma or degree after SSC?

If you want to do Engineering then pursue graduation and not just diploma. You can choose any of the two ways but please ensure for your own future that you complete graduation.

The first procedure is that you complete 3 years diploma course after 10th and after which based on your diploma degree take admission for Bachelor of Technology. The admission will be given through lateral entry scheme which means direct admission in the second year of the course.

Generally students who pursue B.Tech after the diploma course find it little easy. However the major drawback of pursuing diploma is that you won't be able to take admission for major universities in India like IITs and NITs. Both of these do not offer lateral entry admission.

After completing diploma you will have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). This is specifically for the lateral entry admission. You must have 60 percent marks in diploma to appear for LEET. There are however other entrance exams as well. You can also appear for them to get lateral entry admission.

The second way would be to first complete 12th standard. In 11th you must select Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the subjects to be able to pursue Engineering.

After finishing 12th you can appear for entrance exams that offer admission for 4 years long B.Tech course. Some of the entrance exams in India are:

AIEEE

ISEET

IIT-JEE

UPSEE

BITSAT

The only national level entrance exam left is ISEET. It has replaced both AIEEE and IIT-JEE. If you score well in ISEET you can take admission in IIT and NIT as well. There are few states that have replaced the their own entrance exam with ISEET.

ISEET Eligibility

1. Pass 12th standard from recognized board.

2. PCM should be subjects.

3. 40 percent or more marks in 12th board.
3rd June 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I do diploma or degree after SSC?

I want to be a doctor. And also want to give MPSE exams. What are the options so that I can be a doctor & also give exam? Please help me out....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?