20th September 2011, 12:08 PM
monika.bhasin

Should I go for general GRE or GRE subject test in computer science?

Hi,

I have a Masters in Computer Application Degree and 8 years of work experience in IT. I want to study Computer Science from abroad university. Should I go for General GRE or GRE Subject Test in Computer Science?
Please confirm.

Thanks,
Monika

21st September 2011, 08:20 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for general GRE or GRE subject test in computer science?

You have not mentioned the country where you wish to pursue studies. Also there is no details on the course you wish to apply. You can take the subject test to stand out amongst the other applicants. By appearing for this exam the panel will find it easier to assess you. Most of the institutes accepting the general GRE score will accept this score also. You will need to take the general GRE test too.
24th September 2011, 03:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I go for general GRE or GRE subject test in computer science?

Hi,
Recenlty i have completed my masters degree in comuter science from Pune university and got 63% and BCS = 70%.
I want to do my further education in MASC in information system security in concordia university in montreal,quebec. So do i need to give GRE subject in computer science or GRE general or both to strenghten my candiature.
7th November 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have done MCA and am having 3 years of experience as a software engineer. I will have to move to Canada in short period of time. So can I go for GRE for better job prospects, will it help?

Thanks,
ISK
24th May 2012, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

I have finished my b.e computer science with 60%. To do MS in USA is writing subject GRE sufficient?
19th May 2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to gre subject test from Bangladesh?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?