6th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Should I join coaching class for IIT or prepare by self studying?

I am in 12 class i want to know whether i should join coaching classes for preparation of iit or do sellf study by taking tutions?

6th April 2011, 07:13 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join coaching class for IIT or prepare by self studying?

This decision needs to be taken by you. You need to study in an environment in which you are most comfortable. It will be good if you have a guidance from an experienced teacher. If you are comfortable with self study you could purchase the Brilliant materials. But you should make it a point to attend mock test.
6th April 2011, 08:33 AM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

dear friend, it is upto you that u would like to join any iit coaching institution or not. if you are satisfied with your self study then no need to go for any institution. but i would like to suggest you to join any good institution like quest tutorial ,because there are many techniques to solve a particular question from which they will teach you how to do the problem in minimum time. thats all.
6th April 2011, 11:04 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

i think no.if you have read your 11th class very gently and you also read 12th very theortical and gently...then you have no need to take coaching,....however you should join crash courses...
6th April 2011, 11:48 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you want to do a very good rank in IIT then i think you should join in any coaching center. the study material provided by them and the mock test are very much helpful to do a very good rank in IIT JEE.

but obviously you have to study a lot to do a good rank. coaching center is not sufficient. even you can do good rank also by self study. but for this you should have some good books and other some study material.

you will get so many model paper also from the end of various IIT JEE preparation book. first try to cover whole syllabus from the text book then read some good IIT JEE books as preparation.

you should decide it own that you need one coaching center or not. if you feel that you have good knowledge in 12th subject and you can crack IIT without any coaching center then you don't need to take admission in any coaching institution. also if there is no coaching institution nearer to you and it will take a ling time to go there then i think it's better no to take admission there. even you may subscribe for study material through postal.

best of luck.
6th April 2011, 12:00 PM
yera

I think for gaining a good rank in IIT exam you must spend at least 6 hours to your study.

As you say that you are in 12th so it will be very hard if you join a coaching institute,so i will suggest you to join FIITJEE test series and postal courses,in which you get all study material which helps you in prepapration.

Here I am sending you the link of fiitjee:-http://http://www.fiitjee.com/
6th April 2011, 01:44 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
If you want to prepare for IIT JEE, its not necessary to join any coaching classes to be able to qualify the exam. If you are able to prepare for it in a systematic way, you can prepare for the exam yourself.
This entrance exam is syllabus focused and is designed to test the expertise and knowledge of the candidates in their subject. If you are planning to prepare at home, you must go through the NCERT study material of 11th and 12th standard, as many times you can. You should also practice from the previous years question papers of IIT JEE.
Apart from this, if you are not able to manage your studies at home, you can always join a coaching institute.
6th April 2011, 01:46 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Should I join coaching class for IIT or prepare by self studying?

Quote:
Should I join coaching class for IIT or prepare by self studying?
Below are some Standard Statements, which will help you to Explore IIT.

Hard Work ! Dedication ! Determination ! Proper Schedule ! Proper making of Notes ! Joining Some Good Institutes For tricks ! at-least 6 hrs of Study for IIT Syllabus !

With out compromising your 12th Board Exams.Hope you get my Point

Being an IIT aspirant should not worried about silly questions, you need to be more mature,

You need to boost yourself and have to concentrate your mind towards IIT JEE preparations only , Then only you can crack IIT JEE.

If you haven't join any IIT JEE Coaching then you should join as soon as possible,

Because it helps a lot, Studied at coaching institute and repeated practice @ home will definitely pay's off...

always hard work is highlighted...

I am providing you a link, For book you can refer books as referred by many Experienced crackers..BOOKS BOOKS IIT JEE BOOKS.

here's the link you can find best Coaching Institute For IIT Jee IIT JEE Coaching
6th April 2011, 02:10 PM
Ashutosh15187
Banned

If you want to do a very good rank in IIT then i think you should join in any coaching center. the study material provided by them and the mock test are very much helpful to do a very good rank in IIT JEE.

but obviously you have to study a lot to do a good rank. coaching center is not sufficient. even you can do good rank also by self study. but for this you should have some good books and other some study material.

you will get so many model paper also from the end of various IIT JEE preparation book. first try to cover whole syllabus from the text book then read some good IIT JEE books as preparation.

you should decide it own that you need one coaching center or not. if you feel that you have good knowledge in 12th subject and you can crack IIT without any coaching center then you don't need to take admission in any coaching institution. also if there is no coaching institution nearer to you and it will take a ling time to go there then i think it's better no to take admission there. even you may subscribe for study material through postal.

best of luck
6th April 2011, 03:01 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It would be of your own interest whether to go for a coaching institute or to prepare for the exam by your own.

My suggestion is better if you go for coaching institute. Because the classes that they conduct, the exams what they conduct and especially mock tests are being very helpful for the candidates to crack IIT-JEE.

Even it is possible for the candidates to get a good score in IIT-JEE just by preparing on their own.

But it requires hard efforts, self planning, practicing as many as model papers as possible and focusing on important areas.

So all these activities you have to do yourself by motivating yourself. So its not an easy task as the emotional levels will not be matured for a candidate who is just 10+2.

But to get a good rank, definitely join coaching institute and they will provide you a good platform to crack IIT-JEE.

So utilize that platform to the maximum extent
6th April 2011, 03:46 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

If you can do it by yourself then its good but it is better to join coaching classes because you will get extra knowledge about the subject which you would not get by self study.You will also get some tips to cope up with the exams.So i suggest you join coaching classes to get good marks.
6th April 2011, 05:09 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

i think you have no need to join coaching center....becose they have no magic stick or they are not magicians...you need to prepared be self..
The question paper of IIT is based upon 11th class and 12th class...
11th class---40%
12th class---60%
....if you want to acheive good rank in the IIT then you need to prepare for it by reading NCERT books..cbse give importance to therotical concepts...but IIT give more importance to numerical part and also therotical part but less compared to numerical part....so if your 11th class concepts are very clear....and you studied in 12th also well then i think you will easily crack IIT exam without wasting your money in coaching center....but if your concepts are not clear then i highly recommened to please join coaching center becose in coaching classes they clear your concepts...and please manage your time as you can ........good luck.///
6th April 2011, 06:06 PM
gurpreetrodger

iit preperation includes a full grasp over the concepts of the subject. U should have all the conceptual knowledge. All this is very difficult to done. Therefore u should take coaching for iit.
6th April 2011, 07:23 PM
SonalSinghal

Joining a coaching institute while pursuing 12th is easy but to manage it with your regular studies is the most difficult task specially if the institute is far away from your place. It can also deviate you from your board exam preparation. So, before joining any institute think twice whether you can manage it or not! I assume that you must have set your educational plans for future. Recently I found a survey regarding this only, the 'HESA's Global Student Survey'. Take this survey and win exciting prizes like ipad2, ipod touch and gift vouchers for pizza hut. Follow the link:- app.fluidsurveys.com/s/globalstudentsurvey/
6th April 2011, 08:02 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

It's always good if you have some to guide you .so i recommend you to go for coaching

classes as they provide you the best environment to study and also they let you know

your weak points and where you stand in front of lakhs of people by taking test in

national level .

There test series are best thing to join and their study material is also very good and one

can study maximum thing in less time and can get things better then studying from books .

They will also help you to clear your doubts.they help to build confidence in you and also

help you in managing time for exam and also teaches you how to attempt question in

best way so you won't make much errors and can score good in exam .

if you do self preparation then many of your doubts will be remain unclear

before exam as no one will be there to guide you and also you won't be able

to evaluate yourself
6th April 2011, 11:56 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Should I join coaching class for IIT or prepare by self studying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12 class i want to know whether i should join coaching classes for preparation of iit or do sellf study by taking tutions?
Its good to join some coaching institute for the preparation of engineering
entrance examination. Through coaching institutes you will get certain
tips and tricks which are helpful for you in your entrance examination.

So its good to join coaching institute for the prepeartion of entrance
examination. Because only coaching institutes will provide you certain
pin points for your examination which you will never get by studying alone
at home.

Below is the list of some good coaching institutes are given. You can also
join in these institutes
VIDYAMANDIR CLASSES
Plot No. 2 & 3, 1st Floor, Central Market,
Punjabi Bagh(W), New Delhi - 110026.
Phone: 42466725, 42466726, 42466727,
Fax: 25222953

BRILLIANT TUTORIALS
South Delhi:
Brilliant Tutorials Private Limited
50-C, Kalu Sarai (Behind Azad Apartments),
New Delhi – 110016

FIIT JEE
ICES House, Sarvpriya Vihar,
New Delhi
Ph No. 26515949, 26569493, 26865182,
Fax No. 011 - 26513942

AMITY
Amity House
E/25, Defence colony,
Newdelhi

Kreative Tutorials
C-33, 2 & 3 Floor,
Amar Colony, Main Market,
Lajpat Nagar-4 New Delhi
Contact No. 9810983379, 9871658107, 9810318763
E-mail: [email protected]
7th April 2011, 12:06 AM
chiranjeev90

hello
To crack IIT you need to be dedicated and work hard yourself for it .
So I would recommend you to go for self study and refer good books.

The most important thing is not to just bring books and keep them in a showcase but to read them so I am recommending a few.
Maths-
1) Objective mathematics by RD sharma OR Mathemetics by ML khanna
2)Problems in math by das gupta
3)Mathemetics by tata mcgraw hill
4)Higher algebra by hall and knight
5)Differential and integral calculus by shanti narayan
6)Plane trigo I&II by SL loney
7)coordinate geometry I&II by SL loney

Physics-
1)Concepts of physics by HC verma I&II
2)Physics by sears and zemensky
3)Halliday and resnick
4)Problem s in physics by IE irodov
5)Feynmann lectures I II III (as a reference)

Chemistry-
1)Chemistry by tata mcgraw hill
2)Organic by morrison and boyd
3)University chem by bruce mahan(ok)
4)Organi and inorganic and physical by PL soni(reference)
7th April 2011, 12:21 AM
piyush121

HELLO FRIEND,

It lies completely on your side what decision you want to take.........but with my personal experience i will suggest you to join a good coaching institute for your preperation.......its advantages are:

1.)You will be thoroughly guided by your faculties.

2.)You will get an environment of studies.......and its extremely important.

3.)If you see other students doing well and solving problems you will also be motivated and you interest will also increase in solving numericals.

4.)In many cases many of your doubts will also be cleared by the faculty and your friends quickly which will save your precious time........

5.)Frequent tests conducted by the institutes will help you to be updated with your level and also exam pattern.

6.)And believe me you will love and enjoy to study in coaching institutes which will increase your interest as the faculty will always motivate you and remove your weakness.

best of luck for your exams.....
7th April 2011, 12:32 AM
disha marwaha
Junior Member+

u should join coaching
7th April 2011, 01:28 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

if u can afford for tuitions go ahead or else take some ones help and get guided over preparartion and books, always better to join good insti for caoching to get idea about competetion and for more serious studies.
7th April 2011, 02:20 AM
Reksimmitte

Default You may have to Shift-click again

If you want that sepia-tinted look, then turn on the Tint checkbox at the top of the Black & White options in the Adjustments panel.
7th April 2011, 08:35 AM
devendergora

Remember that it is a very competitive exam , so if you are confident enough to clear without coaching , then go for it.Study systematically.
7th April 2011, 08:41 AM
sureshcbe
Member+

if you really want to study in iit, its better to join in some best coaching centre.
From coaching centre you can get many tricks to solve difficult problems. You could not came to know from your self study.

In coaching centres they will teach you, how to solve the difficult question in easy way.
7th April 2011, 02:38 PM
hari om yadav

if you think that you can prepare by self then you should not join coaching but you think that you can't prepare without teacher's help then you join coaching.
8th April 2011, 04:42 PM
kartavya99

its better to concentrate on 12th only because its very tough to beat iit only in one year preparation along with 12th.

u should join target course after 12th in fiitjee or briliant or career point etc.

now you just concentrate on 12th make more concepts about basic.

thanking you.
15th April 2011, 08:18 PM
devendergora

Hello Dear, it is upto you that u would like to join any iit coaching institution or not. if you are satisfied with your self study then no need to go for any institution. but i would like to suggest you to join any good institution ,because there are many techniques to solve a particular question from which they will teach you how to do the problem in minimum time.
FIITJEE
BANSAL
CAREER POINT
VIBRANT
22nd April 2011, 08:50 PM
Nazu_khurana

It is upto you that u would like to join any iit coaching institute or not. If you are satisfied with your self study then no need to go for any institution.
What it require is hard-work not coaching. But if you are not satisfied with your performance then i would like to suggest you to join any good institution ,because there are many techniques to solve a particular question from which they will teach you how to do the problem in minimum time.

And some popular coaching institutes for IIT are following:
  • FIITJEE
  • BANSAL
  • CAREER POINT
  • VIBRANT
  • Akash Institute

WORK HARD !!!!!

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!!!!
1st May 2011, 12:23 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

If you want to prepare for IIT JEE, its not necessary to join any coaching classes to be able to qualify the exam. If you are able to prepare for it in a systematic way, you can prepare for the exam yourself.
This entrance exam is syllabus focused and is designed to test the expertise and knowledge of the candidates in their subject. If you are planning to prepare at home, you must go through the NCERT study material of 11th and 12th standard, as many times you can. You should also practice from the previous years question papers of IIT JEE.
Apart from this, if you are not able to manage your studies at home, you can always join a coaching institute.
17th July 2011, 10:43 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

I opt you to prepare yourself from 9th class onwards

you just has to study ncert clearly, learn concepts, dedicate yourself, do old questions, refer references, prepare lesson notes and revise time to time.............................................. ........

Best of luck
18th July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
u should join coaching now only if u r a caliber
22nd July 2011, 04:30 PM
boisterioussid

Quote:
YES!!
you should join a good coachin ASAP.it will be clear from the following points:
You need to complete the syllabus of both 11th and 12th class and that too at higher level which you won't be able to complete in one year.

Also,it will help in maintaining constant momentum within you as it is very difficult to continue studying for 2 years continuously.

The study material and he tips they provide will be a vital thing very much important in your preparation.

Also,the packages and the study material provided by them is very helpful.

The coaching centres run certain test series' which also give your all india rank and hence you'll get to know where you stand.

The competition there will also help you to work harder.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?