27th October 2019, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Should I write NET exam after completion of M.Sc Nursing?

Hi, I have completed my M.Sc Nursing. What should I do now? Should I appear for UGC NET examination? How would UGC NET help me in my career growth? For which all matters can I use UGC NET scores?

30th October 2019, 06:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I write NET exam after completion of M.Sc Nursing?

You have completed MSc in Nursing, so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test
which is conducted twice in a year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognised University are eligible for NET exam. For SC / ST candidates it's hold 50% above in masters degree.

Eligibility criteria for NET exam:-
For JRF post: your age should be below 28 years.
For Lectureship post: there is no age criteria.
30th October 2019, 08:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for appearing in UGC NET exam is a master degree or equivalent in related subjects. The candidate must have a minimum of 55% in this.
As you have completed your masters degree hence you are eligible to appear in this examination.
30th October 2019, 09:03 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for UGC NET exam. Candidates who have completed the post graduation degree from a recognised University with more than 55% marks can apply for the NET examination.
There is no age limit criteria for the admission.
31st October 2019, 08:21 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Master of Science candidates need to apply for Council for Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test. The minimum academic qualification required is master's degree in science stream from a recognized university.

The minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree is 55% in post graduation to apply for this exam. You can apply for CSIR NET exam after completion of Master's degree in Science stream.
31st October 2019, 02:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can use University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test scorecard for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

Master of Science candidates need to apply for Council for Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test.

You need to have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to apply for NET exam. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?