27th July 2012, 10:28 PM
jagnyadatta67

Which software course is good for ECE branch?

i was complete my b.tech(ece)

now i ll think that m going in software field...so which course ll be better for me?

28th July 2012, 08:32 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which software course is good for ECE branch?

There are several short term software courses which you may prefer after B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Although it is not necessary for Electronics and Communication Engineer to do any software related course to get a job since his B.Tech degree is enough to get him decent job.

For example, Infosys, the leading Information Technology company in India has the neck to hire more Electronics and Communication Engineers than any other company. Other companies like TCS also do not require any other software course apart from ECE. This is one main reason I would suggest that even if you are interested in computer course, go for a short term course.

Due to rising competition in Information Technology sector, sometimes it gets hard to find a job. However I don't think any Electronics and Communication Engineer with good percentage would find it difficult to get job in IT sector. Still a short term course related to software would not harm.

The courses I would recommend to you are:

J2EE

Java

C++

.Net

Oracle

Any of the courses above should be enough to get you a decent job. You can apply in several MNC related to software and hardware industry in India. There are several IT companies in India which also include some big names in the world of tech. These companies where you can apply are:

HCL

Microsoft

IBM

Wipro

Intel

AMD

Dell

Google

Infosys

TCS

Tech Mahindra

HP

To get job in a IT company you require to secure at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course. Most of the companies have their own procedure to hire people. Mostly you will find out about jobs in leading websites like monster.com or leading newspaper in India.

The selection procedure include:

Written Exam

Technical Round

Group Discussion

HR Round
28th July 2012, 11:08 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagnyadatta67 View Post

now i ll think that m going in software field...so which course ll be better for me?
hello

As you are Interested in software field so let me tell you if you are Electronics and communications graduate you can get a job in Either Electronics or IT industries as well.The companies recruit Electronics graduates since both works go hand in hand.(software's and Electronics).so there is a wide scope for you in software's field mentioned below........

Scope of Electronics graduates in IT Industry or software's

There is a lot of scope for Electronics graduates especially Electronics and communications since every company requires individuals having good knowledge of Software's and you being ECE graduates can apply in those companies.

courses for you to Enter the software field::::

#programming languages--------->>
  • C language
  • C++ language
  • java
  • .net
  • visual Basic
  • C sharp(c#)
  • PHP language
  • oracle
>>All the above mentioned languages are Essential in some way or the other.Perfectness in any one of the above language will surely give you the best chances to work with the best companies related to software's field.Hence do not think this as if you need to do all these as I mentioned perfectness in any one is enough for you Being an Electronics and communication graduate.

>>to make applications like android based you need to know about languages like java language.

>>C,C++ are basic programming languages and you must know about them too

#Networking and website designing

>>these field has unlimited scope but here too the thing mattering the most is presence of skills and temperament to stay in this field.Website designing has a lot of scope but you need to do what you want......

>>Networking means way of communicating the computers or connecting them to make a good interlinking B/W systems.

There area lot of companies providing exciting job opportunities for deserving candidates . you can get in them too but you are required to clear the exams for them for which i have provided informations below...

>>patni computers
>>sapient
>>cognizant
>>HCL
>>Microsoft
>>IBM
>>Wipro
>>Intel
>>Dell
>>Google
>>Infosys
>>TCS
>>Tech Mahindra

selection process which a company follows ::

>>aptitude or written exam
>>Technical Round
>>Group Discussion
>>HR Round

for you things to do now::

>>so prepare for your interviews

>>prepare for the courses which you want to do and yes prepare well.

>>make a good resume and submit it on sites like Naukri.com,Monster.com

>>you can also refer to employment news and other sources of Informations like visiting company websites through Internet..

hope this helped

with regards
roknits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:::perfectness in any area is better than trying your hand in every field.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
28th July 2012, 11:21 AM
shivak507

Quote:

Dear Friend,
You can opt for :-
1. embedded system.
2. software testing field.

1. Embedded system - this field is related to your department also and for software also where you can get well pay too. You will be already having knowledge of embedded like integrated circuits etc.

2. Software testing field - This field is completely belongs to software. in this field you will be testing different software & applications. There are basically 2 types in software testing.
A) Automation Testing.
B) Manual Testing.
Some of the institution in bangalore are providing free classes for Manual testing if you attend you will get to know about it.
31st July 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I have completed engineering in ece dept., There is lot of suspician regards choosing the courses amongst wide range of options.. could u prescribe me any specific course to pursue??
12th August 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

EC is the best branch . Computer made by EC branch and EC branch students can apply in every area with this we can make scientist .Its scope is very great than other branch
Commentators- Maneesh kumar Btech ( EC)
mob no- 8534974096
6th October 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

iam ece student hw can i get good percentage in 1st year ?
8th October 2012, 07:55 PM
karan 555

Smile Re: Which software course is good for ECE branch?

Quote:

Hi friend,

There are many good Software courses available for you,here are some of the best courses of them:

• Embedded Systems.
  • Networking courses such as CCNA,MCSE.
  • Industrial Automation.
  • Circuit Designing.
  • Fibre Optic Technology.
  • Digital Signal Processing.
  • Real time Distributed Systems.
  • Robotics course.
  • Telecom and Wireless course.
  • SCADA Communication.
  • Robotics courses.
  • PCB Designing.
  • VLSI Testing.
  • Microwave related courses.
  • Telecom courses.
  • RF Testing.

These are all best courses according to me,you can pursue any of these according to your interest.I recommend you to pursue these courses from reputed Training Institutes.

Best Training Institutes for Short term courses:

• NIIT
  • APTECH.
  • CADD
  • Jetking

After pursuing your courses from reputed Institutes like these you can easily get jon in reputed MNC .

All thebest.
18th October 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i am an ece student.when i attend interview for the post of software engineer they often asked me why i turned to this field after ece?what i should answer??
11th November 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

iam jayaprakash ,i completed my b.tech (ece branch) sir,i like cse (or) IT branch -but my parents pleasure to complete b.tech in ece branch,
( my native place is small village in andhrapradesh )
i want much interest about computers & software and its development and other hand interest about web designing (because i was run one website from my b.tech 1st year) ,
my goal is to create something new ( i mean, i don't like for 8 hours working job and get 40 thousands salary )......,
i think '' can i eligible R&D department in software or computers " , sir how to reach my goal sir ; please guide me sir , what to do after completion of my b.tech course , that which institute i can choose , and , how many ways are there
please guide me sir ........ (any details go to google search engine type "jayaprakash aluri")
your answers please send me my email : [email protected]
thankyou sir......
12th November 2012, 11:08 AM
Mohan123123

Dear friends.

In ECE branch we have some Software languages..

1.C,

2. ( Oops )C++,

3.Java,

4..Net,

5.Oracle.

In my way .Net is best for ECE students.. because it's not depends on different

languages..

But other languages are depends on Previous..

Thank you and All the best..
16th November 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have cmpltd b.tech in ece nd i want to do job in core side for that any course required.if what type of course i have to do pleeasw give me information about institute nd course
19th December 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I am going to complete b.tech in ece this year which is better to preffer either sofware field or hardware field........ if hardware what are the available courses to obtain job and how is its future?
21st December 2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my b.com there is any software course for me for carere.
19th January 2013, 11:28 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Which software course is good for ECE branch?

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

My friend you can choose following Courses:

• MS.NET
  • JAVA
  • ORACLE
  • SQL SERVER
  • MS-BI
  • SAP
  • DRUPAL
  • PHP
  • RUBY
  • OPEN SOURCE TOOLS
  • TESTING
  • HTML/CSS

Companies hire the ECE people because they have some unique talent in them.

The grasping power and the stability to work defines the ECE students.So many companies have a soft corner for the ECE students.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
1st March 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

sir i m in final year of b.e. in ece and i want sugestion from u for jobs in ece. i don't have knowledge of programme languages. plz hlp me for guiding me how to get job in ece field.
10th March 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Sir i hv completed my graduation in be with electronic and com branch. I hv no knowledge about any language. Then my technical and communication is weak but i can do any type of work. And i hv some financial prbl thats why i want to do job so pls suggest me w8 should i do by which i can get growth my field ?
22nd March 2013, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

hey..i m student of Bitech 3rd year nd mera interst bhut differnt h.m kuch agl krna chata hu. pr mujhe bilkul bi smjh nhi aa rha h ki....m kya kru..khon sa course kru...nd training kha se kru..,So plz, Tell me what i do?
23rd March 2013, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Sr i m studnt in 2nd year of b.tch ece & i wnt sugstn frm u about my lost 1st year,actuly sr meri kisi karanbs year back lag gae thi,jski wajh se x studnt reh chuka hu,theek %se b.tech complete ho jane k bad job pe x ka koe effect padega ki ni????pls sr gve me gud suggstn pls.... ..........sr,pls sr gve me sugestn on my email [email protected]
23rd March 2013, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Sr i m studnt in 2nd year of b.tch ece & i wnt sugstn frm u about my lost 1st year,actuly sr meri kisi karanbs year back lag gae thi,jski wajh se x studnt reh chuka hu,theek %se b.tech complete ho jane k bad job pe x ka koe effect padega ki ni????pls sr gve me gud suggstn pls.... ..........sr,pls sr gve me sugestn on my email [email protected]
24th March 2013, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

I hv done my 12Th class but i want become a software engg. I donot know where i go?what i do.
24th March 2013, 01:31 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Thumbs up Re: Which software course is good for ECE branch?

My dear friend,
As you are a student of ECE branch then I suggest you to join short term software language course like c++, c#, java, advanced java, .net, oracle etc.

If you want to do some specialization course then apply for M.tech.
Some specialization courses for ECE branch are mentioned below:
Circuit Designing.
Digital Signal Processing.
Embedded Systems.
Fiber Optic Technology.
Industrial Automation.
Real time Distributed Systems.
Robotics course.
SCADA Communication.
Telecom and Wireless course.
VLSI Testing.

Best of Luck
thanks
3rd May 2013, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

i m studying B.E ECE 3rd year now... i want to place in any company after completing my degree.. wht i should do for tat? pls guide me.. i m having 76% now.
19th May 2013, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.tech in 2012 .i went to core java & oracle(sql,plsql among which one i want to concentrate plz suggest me
9th June 2013, 03:02 AM
Unregistered

hi,i am completed my btech 1 year frm EC branch. now in summer vaccation which cousse should i do,plz suggest
14th June 2013, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

tanusree mondal
sir i have just passed 3rd yr in ece b.tech nd now i m in summer vacation.which course i can do now that can help me to get a good job in a software company?
11th July 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed b.tech ece with agg of 71%.and i have joined recently manual and automation testing course.would u plz tell me the growth in this field.and plz tell me also tha in which field has high growth testing or electronics
12th July 2013, 12:06 AM
megayounus786

Quote:

If you can do with HDLs then it will be very advantageos to you>

they are software that can be used to design hardware.

most of companies ask for HDLs for them and they were very less competitive.

they are two hdls named VHDL and Verilog HDL here is the screen shot

18th August 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i have come to know one thing i.e v have many languages to learn but some of the comments said that .net is diff i.e doesnt depend on other languages so is only .net enough to get a job plz answer me nd show me the way to get a job ......ur answer will be very helpfull to me sir ....Thank You
23rd August 2013, 04:15 PM
maruthidevi

There are several short term software courses which you may prefer after B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Although it is not necessary for Electronics and Communication Engineer to do any software related course to get a job since his B.Tech degree is enough to get him decent job.

For example, Infosys, the leading Information Technology company in India has the neck to hire more Electronics and Communication Engineers than any other company. Other companies like TCS also do not require any other software course apart from ECE. This is one main reason I would suggest that even if you are interested in computer course, go for a short term course.

Due to rising competition in Information Technology sector, sometimes it gets hard to find a job. However I don't think any Electronics and Communication Engineer with good percentage would find it difficult to get job in IT sector. Still a short term course related to software would not harm.

The courses I would recommend to you are:

J2EE

Java

C++

.Net

Oracle

Any of the courses above should be enough to get you a decent job. You can apply in several MNC related to software and hardware industry in India. There are several IT companies in India which also include some big names in the world of tech. These companies where you can apply are:

HCL

Microsoft

IBM

Wipro

Intel

AMD

Dell

Google

Infosys

TCS

Tech Mahindra

HP

To get job in a IT company you require to secure at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course. Most of the companies have their own procedure to hire people. Mostly you will find out about jobs in leading websites like monster.com or leading newspaper in India.

The selection procedure include:

Written Exam

Technical Round

Group Discussion

HR Round
11th May 2014, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

hi
hi m a ece engineer 2012 batch passout working in a taxtile company as a electrical electronics engineer in a maintaneous department and have a exp of 1yr5months. i want to work in mnc companies but as m trying from last 6 month i was trying to either change my company or to change my field.
help me what i do to save my future what kind of cource i should preffer to do and what i do so that compnies would contact me.
2nd June 2014, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

sir mai extc brach ke 3 rd year mai hu muje abhi se aage ke carrier ke liye prepare hona hai to app muje guide kijiye ki konsa corse mai choose karu usase mai abhi training le lu plz reply de dijiye
11th June 2014, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir.. I finished my ece course and of having 57% marks only. So from where should I start my carrer and which all the companies accept me as a candidature. Or is it good of doing any course for better carrer. After searching google I got that doing of automation course will provide more openings. Please give s better suggestion.
14th July 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a 2nd year ece student. i have done advance C course.now which course i will do .net or java ..pls tell
25th August 2014, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed ece in this year interested in hardware. What i have do?
28th August 2014, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

I Had completed B.TECH (ECE) LEARNING CCNA ETHICAL HACKING WILL GET JOBS
28th August 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I had completed my b.tech(ECE) in 2014 . I Want to learn CCNA Ethical Hacking i am choosing right path for getting job or wrong path .If i took wrong path please suggest me right courses for ECE graduate?
12th September 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have done my 10 ,12 and b.tech having 81,75,62 %marks.so now i m very confused about training ,in which sector i should go for? Guide me by review my %.
28th September 2014, 03:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed my b.e ecec in 2010 and i joined in HCL & worked around 2.6 yrs then i resigned my job for my higher studies.... now i am doing my m.tech(embedded).i am in second yr.actually i am little confused now a days about my career after m.tech...... in HCL imy designation was software engineer. what will be the good career option after m.tech.... what would be the current trend to enter into company like IBM,Infosys,.....as a software engineer....or h/w eng......please suggest me 9655345702
19th November 2014, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir i completed my B.E in electronics and telecommunication, .can i get better job openning for my carrer and which my be option ti enter in it. .
5th December 2014, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir....im still studying I don't in which stream I should choose to study in future to get better job....guide me to get gud job in future....Ece dep(B.E)
30th March 2015, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I have given my 12th from ICSE board this year only and want to do join courses for Android 2 or Core Java.
Please suggest me the prospects.

Regards.
5th April 2015, 03:17 AM
surya200

software course is good for ECE branch?
--------------------------------------------------

1)Fiber Optic Technology
2)Telecom and Wireless course
3)Circuit Designing
4)SCADA Communication
5)Real time Distributed Systems.
6)oPEN SOURCE TOOLS
7)Real time Distributed Systems
8)Robotics courses
9)Microwave related courses
10)Industrial Automation.
11)Microwave related courses.
12)Industrial Automation.
13)C++ language
14)PCB Designing.
15)Digital Signal Processing
16)Telecom and Wireless course.
17)Embedded Systems.
18)visual Basic
19)PHP language
20)C sharp(c#)
21)Microwave related courses.

best of luck........................
16th April 2015, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my ece final year ! and i like to join in hardware side but i dont know how to join in a company?any special course are required ? then i need companies name that i can joint? -- sri prasath
30th April 2015, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i have completed my b.tech ece branch.now which courses are better to settle in a good position.plzzz give me the information about the hard ware and softwaree courses too and also the companies in which we can i place after completing the course eitherr in hardware and software.
12th August 2015, 06:03 PM
crystalpellitier

It depends upon you.If you want to build your career as developer then you need to learn .Net or Java.For testing learn manual and automation testing tools.

If you want to get into hardware then based upon your interest you can get certification in your core subjects.
20th April 2016, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir my self Deepak kumar now i am doing b.tech 4th from ECE Branch year.sir i want to do some extra software course tell my please which course i should do .sir please tell me
12th May 2016, 01:15 AM
Suraj129

You need to evaluate yourself whether you enjoy coding that is development process or not, if yes then go for courses like Java and advanced java, Dot net or Php.
If you do not like coding you can do software testing course, start with manual testing and keep giving interviews.
If you do not like either than go for networking courses.
9th June 2016, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed diploma(ece) in the year 2011 after that i have completed btech(ece) i got 2 years gap iam confusing to what to do now and to choose which sector please guide me
24th April 2017, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am complete my btech (Ece) I am searching for a job but I don't know any softwares would you please suggest me some main softwares which is use me for jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?