12th December 2018, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Which specialization should I opt in BA in order to pursue MBA later?

Please tell me that which subjects or specialization should I opt in B.A so, that I can get admission in MBA later on and which branch in MBA will be best for me?

15th December 2018, 01:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which specialization should I opt in BA in order to pursue MBA later?

MBA is Master in Business Administration. It is two year master course. Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with minimum 50% aggregate. There is relaxation in aggregate for reserved category.

So, you can pursue the course according to your interest. Some of the most common examination are :-

CAT.

XAT.

GMAT.
15th December 2018, 02:39 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which specialization should I opt in BA in order to pursue MBA later?

Let me tell you that you can pursue any of the subjects as well as any of the streams in graduation if you want to pursue MBA after completing graduation.
It is not compulsory to take any particular subject.
Some of the subjects in BA are as follows:-
English
History
Political Science
Home Science
Psychology
Economics
Geography
Hindi
Sanskrit

Some of the specializations in MBA are as follows:-
Finance
Information Technology
Human Resources
Marketing etc.
15th December 2018, 03:31 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

You can opt any specialization in BA from the following in order to pursue MBA later:-
Journalism and Mass Communication
Politics
Psychology
Computer Science
English Language and Literature
15th December 2018, 05:25 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

MBA is Master in Business Administration and it is two year master course.

To appear for examination or to get admission in MBA course the minimum required educational qualification is that candidate mus have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you can pursue any course as according to your interest. CAT is conducted for admission in IIM and other institutes.
15th December 2018, 07:16 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There are many specializations in BA to pursue.

However, BA Economics is closely related to MBA (i.e. Masters in Business Administration), so if you are pursuing BA Economics course, then it would be better for you to grasp concepts in MBA.

Other BA Specializations include:
  • BA Ancient History
  • BA English
  • BA Fine Arts
  • BA Arabic
  • BA Computer Science
  • BA Education
  • BA French
  • BA Geography
  • BA Hindi
  • BA History
  • BA Home Science
  • BA Hons Political Science
  • BA Hons Philosophy
  • BA Hons History
  • BA Hons Sociology
15th December 2018, 08:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No specialization in bachelor degree required to become eligible to get admission in MBA course.

Candidate passed bachelor degree in any stream are eligible for admission in MBA course. It is two year course.

There are various entrance examination for admission in the course. No age limit to get admission.
17th December 2018, 01:23 AM
rituja mukherjee

MBA specialization is done in 3 sectors- Finance, Marketing and Human Resources. You can opt from any of the three based on your choice. Taking up BBA or B.com before MBA would have been a much preferable choice for you. Such background makes it easier to study MBA. Taking up BA and then going for an MBA will only make your way for MBA in Human Resources. Also, one has to clear CAT/MAT/XAT examinations for getting into good MBA colleges. It becomes easy for a student to clear such examination if he/she comes from a stream that includes mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?