17th February 2019, 10:15 AM
Charusharmabhardwaj

Which stream to opt in 9th ICSE in order to pursue a career in Law or Civil Services?

My daughter is in 8th class in a school affiliated to CBSE. I want to shift her in ICSE affiliated school in class 9th. Which subjects needs to be chosen for pursuing career in Law or Civil Services?

20th February 2019, 03:45 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to opt in 9th ICSE in order to pursue a career in Law or Civil Services?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for selection as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The common required qualification to appear for the examination is bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum qualifying aggregate.

So, you can pursue any course to appear for Civil Service examination.

In respect to Law course ( LLB ) candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible for it.

So, upto bachelor degree you can pursue the course of your own choice.
21st February 2019, 04:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to opt in 9th ICSE in order to pursue a career in Law or Civil Services?

For pursuing LLB course or appearing for the Civil Service examination the required common educational qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you can pursue any course in the std 12th or bachelor degree to appear for the examination.

There is no age limit to pursue LLB course and for Civil Service the age criteria is 21-32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?