18th July 2019, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to opt in Intermediate to be eligible to study Chartered Accountancy course?

I have completed my 10th Board exam and now going to take admission in 11th. My aim is to become a Chartered Accountant. So, which stream should I opt in 11th and 12th to help me to qualify for the CA course?

22nd July 2019, 02:32 AM
Deepanshu3010

Default Re: Which stream to opt in Intermediate to be eligible to study Chartered Accountancy course?

To opt for chartered accountant, candidate should have commerce stream in class 11th and 12th. Commerce student are eligible to apply for the CA after securing 60% marks in intermediate.
22nd July 2019, 05:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to opt in Intermediate to be eligible to study Chartered Accountancy course?

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and it is a professional course with a very good career scope. The same course comprises of three stages which includes (i) the foundation course in CA, (ii) IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course), and (iii) the final stage course.

Further, the minimum education required for joining CA foundation course is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

So, you can opt for any stream for your intermediate studies in order to pursue CA course later. But, in my view, you should opt for Commerce field if you are really interested in pursuing CA course as the same course is related to Commerce and Accounts field.

For details information regarding CA course structure and other FAQs related to the CA course, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?