21st June 2018, 03:06 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to become a Software Developer?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to become a Software Developer. It is my dream to become Software Developer. I have completed my 10th and I will enroll for 11th standard. I want to know that which stream I should choose in 11th standard to achieve my aim?

23rd June 2018, 03:25 AM
xJhinukx

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to become a Software Developer?

Most computer software development jobs require bachelor's degrees in computer science or software engineering. These programs have significant math requirements that include a sequence in calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra. A sequence in physics is also required. Therefore, it is suggested that you choose PCM ie physics, chemistry, mathematics along with computer science as your stream in 11th standard. After completion of 12th boards, go for a Btech in software engineering or a bsc in computer science.
23rd June 2018, 10:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to become a Software Developer?

To become a Software Developer in future, you have to pursuing your 11th and 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream. You will have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects in 11th and 12th standard Non-Medical Science stream. After completion of your 12th standard, you have to pursue B.E/ B.Tech course in CSE/ IT stream in a Government recognised university. After completion of your B.E/ B.Tech course in CSE/ IT stream, you can get good job as a software developer.
24th June 2018, 06:33 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my suggestion you should select Non Medical in your 11th class to become a Software Developer.

=> After completing 12th class then you should go for degree in software engineering or a related field.

=> I think Bachelor of Technology in Software Engineering is right option for you after completing 12th class.

=> B.Tech. Software Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Software Engineering is an undergraduate Software Engineering course.

=> The duration of this course is four years.

BEST PLACE FOR YOU

1. SRM University - NCR Campus, Ghaziabad

2. Ansal Institute of Technology - AIT, Gurgaon

3. Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai
26th June 2018, 12:59 PM
muskaan_

You can choose Physics(P), Chemistry(C), Mathematics(M) and Computers(C) or PCM + Biology. If you are sure that you want to become a Software Engineer then choose PCMC.

Good Luck
22nd April 2022, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Is it any disadvantages to choose commerce stream for software developer?
29th April 2022, 10:08 PM
DASHARD

To become a software engineer one needs to select science stream in 11th.
Physics , chemistry and Maths are mandatory subjects for admission in to Engineering colleges after 12th.

One has to appear for IIT-JEE Mains entrance exam in 12th or after passing 12th for admissions into premium engineering institutes.

One can also appear for respective state engineering entrance exam also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?