5th June 2017, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I take after 12th to get a job in hotel management in future?

I have passed class 10th in class 12th which stream will be required to do hotel management after 12th? I am interested in the hotel management stream and it will be helpful if you can guide me with the complete information on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How to study Bachelor of Hotel Management after 12th Commerce?
  2. What kind of jobs are available after Diploma or B.Sc in Hotel Management? Does it has a better future?
  3. B.Sc in Hotel Management or Diploma in Hotel Management which one is good? Jobs available in future?
  4. Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?
  5. Procedure to get admission in hotel management after 12th with commerce stream
  6. Which course/degree to do after 12th in commerce stream for becoming CS or to have a career in Hotel management?
  7. How much percentage in 12th is required to apply for hotel management course?
  8. Eligibility of joining Hotel Management course after scoring 76% marks in 10th? Colleges offering Hotel Management course in Solapur Maharashtra?
  9. Can i do Hotel management after 12th with arts stream without giving any entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. From which course I can earn more in future between B.Sc in Hotel Management and B.Com after completion of 12th Class?
  11. Possibility to study Hotel Management course from best IIHM if failed in 12th (Commerce) in first attempt?
  12. How to do hotel management after passing 12th science?
  13. What percentage of marks in required for studying hotel management course?
  14. How can I study Hotel Management after completing 12th? Job opportunity after Hotel Management course?
  15. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  16. What should I do among job and MBA after completing Bachelor of Hotel Management?
  17. Information about the job of Hotel Management? I have passed 12th
  18. Which sector of hotel management job is suitable after completing B.Sc in hotel management from Ranjita IHM Bhubaneshwar?
5th June 2017, 03:54 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I take after 12th to get a job in hotel management in future?

You can choose any stream in hotel management because there is no such rules for hotel management. The details about hotel management and eligibility are mentioned below.

Hotel management is a Diploma course and has a very good career. The duration of the course varies from institute and place the basic diploma course is of 3 years.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their 10+2 education in any stream.
- The candidate should have a good command on spoken and written English.

After completing your course you'll have a number of chances in Hotel & restaurant management, airline catering, club management, cabin services, cruise ship hotel management, hospital administration, institutional management, tourism association and etc.
5th June 2017, 04:06 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I take after 12th to get a job in hotel management in future?

You can choose any stream according to your own interest.

Because the basic criteria for Hotel Management is a pass in 12th in any stream.

So choose any steam as per your interest.

The job opportunities are also good in this course.
5th June 2017, 04:48 PM
GopinKumar

Lightbulb Re: Which stream should I take after 12th to get a job in hotel management in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed class 10th in class 12th which stream will be required to do hotel management after 12th? I am interested in the hotel management stream and it will be helpful if you can guide me with the complete information on this. Thank you!
Hi.. You can directly pursue courses in Hotel management after your 12th. Some of the regular courses in Hotel management are BSc Hotel Management, Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, BBA in Tourism and Hospitality, B.Sc in Airline, Tourism and Hospitality etc. You can choose from these all courses. The basic eligibility criteria to join in hotel management courses are to qualify 12th with 50% marks. Some of the leading institutes to pursue Hotel management courses in India are Lovely Professional university, SRM university, Vogue institute etc. You can get scholarships and good placement opportunities in institutes like LPU.
5th June 2017, 05:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no limitation on discipline of the stream of 12th stream to appear for entrance examination for admission in hotel management course.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from a recognised board with better knowledge of English.

So, you can pursue any course in 12th as according to your interest.
5th June 2017, 09:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For admission in hotel management courses in IIHM and other best institutes candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by the respective institutes.

The basic eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination varies with institutes.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th std to appear for examination.
5th June 2017, 11:00 PM
ranu shahi

You can opt any stream from science, commerce and arts in 12th standard.
But I suggest you to take commerce stream in 12th standard because commerce stream is better in opting management in future.
To get better jobs opportunities in hotel management in future, you have to clear 12th standard with more than 60% aggregate and take admission in the top colleges of hotel management and also clear your bachelor's degree in hotel management with more than 60% aggregate.
6th June 2017, 12:42 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

After completion of intermediate you can apply for the entrance exam conducted by National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology. After qualifying in this exam you will be eligible for bachelor in hotel management course. Thanks
6th June 2017, 03:36 PM
help100%

It would be better if you stay in science stream because in the entrance exam certain questions based on biology and chemistry are generally asked, questions from other fields like history, geography , etc are also asked in GK, and questions from 3 other sections are also asked viz. logical aptitudes, quantitative aptitude and English. So you need to have knowledge of most of the aspects around us involved to various fields.

If you have PCM the syllabus of the entrance will gets covered up to an extend, and it will also help in future in regard to enrichment of knowledge and applicability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?