14th September 2010, 10:39 AM
Abhishek Kumar Rai

Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?

sir, i have completed b tech computer science engg in 2009 batch i want to do IAS Preparation which subject is better for me please reply and one more question please reply if i want to do Masters degree then ill do MTech or any other else? please provide me appropriate answer sir......

24th July 2011, 02:21 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?

Dear friend,
Nowday's many people take public adminstration course for their optional mains and preleminary test.These course is of BA final year and very easy to learn and these course is also high scoring subject.
Either if you are strong enough in your branch subject then just go through you any subject of your branch.
24th July 2011, 02:52 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek Kumar Rai View Post
sir, i have completed b tech computer science engg in 2009 batch i want to do IAS Preparation which subject is better for me please reply and one more question please reply if i want to do Masters degree then ill do MTech or any other else? please provide me appropriate answer sir......
Dear friend if you want to do Master degree then M.TECH is best for master degree.............

That's why you can preparation for GATE exam and then you can do your Master degree.........

If you want to do IAS preparation then you can do your choice.........

This is totally depend on you in which subject you are interested and then you choose for IAS because this exam is too tough for life.............

That's why this is totally depend on you in which subject you are interested and then take your subject carefully............
24th July 2011, 10:11 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?

Go through the optional subjects in the Main examination of CSAT.For going through the CSAT Main Examination you first need to clear the Preliminary examination which consists of subjects like English, History and Civics and Geography.questions
relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested
through passages from English Language.

List of optional subjects for Main Examination
Agriculture,Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,Anthropology,Botany,Chemistry,Civil Engineering,Commerce and Accountancy,Economics,Electrical Engineering,Geography,Geology,History,Law,Manageme nt,Mathematics,Mechanical Engineering,Medical Science,Philosophy,Physics,Political Science and International,Relations,Psychology,Public Administration,Sociology
,Statistics and Zoology

You can choose Mathematics as one of your optional subjects because you must have covered Mathematics in your B.tech level.The other optional subject should be according to your interest because there are no subjects related to computers.

About the Master's course, it's up to your interest to choose any one among the course by going through exams like CAT, MAT, GATE, GRE,.etc.You can even go through post graduation diploma courses if your interested in your subject.
24th July 2011, 10:35 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
After B.TECH many ways for you

if you go for IAS exam

then this exam is done in 2 paper

* General knowledge

* optional subject

if you want to do Master degree then you do M.Tech

that is good for you for future

if you choose company service then you choose

MBA.............
24th July 2011, 10:43 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?

Dear friend,

I am providing you the list of optional subject of IAS main exam.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy

You can choose the optional subject as per your interest and the subject on which you have proper command.

I think Electrical Engineering will be better for you, this subject you have already covered.

All the best.............
24th July 2011, 11:03 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

IAS exam:

You are from CSE background....so I think you are good in maths and physics.

So I think these two will the best combination for you in IAS.

But I must say that, whatever background you have come from, it is not that you have to choose subjects from that background too.

You can choose subjects in which you have good knowledge, no matter whether it is your course subject or not.

Be confident what you choose...

You should those subjects in which you can score good marks.

those subjects which you love to learn and have very much interest.

So choose any subject which you are comfortable with and love to learn about it.......

Master's course:

If you are willing to masters course, then obviously, M.tech is the right option.

But other than M.tech, other post graduation courses which will be beneficial for you are:
MCA (since you are from CSE)
MBA in IT ( Because IT is computer related, but for those who are interested in management)
24th July 2011, 11:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

there are so many optional subject in the case of IAS exam paper you can choose any of these subject.

UPSC EXAMINATION:

The Civil Services Examination consists of two successive stages: (I) Civil Services Preliminary Examination; and (ii) Civil Services Main Exam(Written & Interview) for selection of candidates

UPSC subjects:--

Part A - UPSC Preliminary Examination - Optional Subjects

General Studies
Essay
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

Part B - UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects

General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu

all the best
25th July 2011, 04:01 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
as an engineering student you will study mathematics and physics in depth in your graduation. But, it is not necessary for you to opt for these subjects in ias-mains. The reason being the level of difficulty will be equivalent to IIT,CAT,GMAT. Hence, you can opt for easier subject combinations like history, geography, public administration etc. This will take lesser time to prepare and will also help you to score a good rank in IAS-Mains

and besides the masters do mtech because now you are in under the field of technoligies.
26th July 2011, 08:47 PM
anil_kumar89

you first need to clear the Preliminary examination which consists of subjects like English,
History and Civics and Geography.questions relating to English Language Comprehension
skills

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,
Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political
Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,
Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,
Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy
13th August 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

is there any computer related subject in ias pat B exam please reply
19th October 2011, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

i am in b tech 2nd yr i wanna be an ias officer how should i prepare from now onwards
20th October 2011, 06:16 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
For civil services examination one is required to choose two optional subjects from the listed 25 subjects in which there is no subject related to CSE. So, you will have to choose any two subject as per your interest.

The examination pattern is as under :-

The examination is conducted in two stage:-
1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)
This a common exam based on General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination and Personal interview:-
Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
The marks of Main examination and Interview are sum up to prepare the final merit list.
The Main examination comprise of following papers.
Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
General Essay type paper (200 marks)
General Studies(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

3.Interview:- 300 marks.

The list of optional subject is as follow:-
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

All the best...
1st December 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am b.tech 2nd year student cse i want to take history in ias exam so advice me and right study matterial
18th December 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am btech 1st year sudent cse.i want to know, may i select mathematics as optional in IAS exam.
21st May 2012, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

sir, m in b.com 2nd year....i want to prepare for i.a.s oficer how should i prepare
6th July 2012, 06:21 PM
arpitbanaudha

dear friend,
the best subject for computer science student is mathematics and history or economics for cracking IAS exam during IAS preparation you should do m.tech for quick job.
19th July 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i am btech 1st year sudent cse.i want to know, may i select mathematics as optional in IAS exam.
as ur wise u cantake mathematics...its very good for a cse student...and its depend on u...if u r good in mathematics then go for it...

best of luck
17th September 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

is Maths is Compulsary for M.tech (computer Science ) Admission .
I am appear in M.Sc (Computer Science ) through Distance Education. I am a Bio-Stream Student .
Is i am eligible for M.tech Admission in IIt or NIIT.
24th July 2013, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

If once I gave the main exam of IAS by taking maths then can i change it in another subject in second time????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?