18th July 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Which subject one should take in 10th class to become an IPS officer

Which subject one should take in 10th class if he wants to become an IPS oficer

19th July 2012, 01:24 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject one should take in 10th class to become an IPS officer

IPS along with IAS and IFS is one of the most prestigious exam in India.

The exam is conducted by the UPSC and depending on the rank you manage you will get a post accordingly.

For the IPS Exam you have to clear the preliminary exam and main exam. Along with that you have to go through a physical test and it is important to pass that as well.

There is no special requirements as far as educational qualification is concerned.

To sit for this exam you should possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year students can also apply for this exam.

Age should vary from 21-30 years. However there is age relaxation for the SC/ST and OBC categories.

Exam Pattern:

Physical Criteria:

The physical test is as important as the other tests. So even if you pass in the prelim and main exam and fail to do so in the physical test then you can be disqualified. So it is important to pass this test.

Eye Criteria:

If you have Squint then you will be disqualified.

Visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th July 2012, 02:00 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which subject one should take in 10th class to become an IPS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject one should take in 10th class if he wants to become an IPS oficer
You may take any subjects as you wish in 10th standard . Because any stream candidate ( ie:- Commerce / Science / Arts / Vocational / Engineering etc.. ) may eligible to apply for IPS Examination . The Minimum Qualification is required to apply for IPS Examination is that the candidate should Complete Bachelor degree from recognized University .

As you now Completed Bachelor degree . So, I suggest you Complete Bachelor degree then Only your eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service . It's one of the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service . This Examination held every once in a year .

This Examination is divided into three levels namely , Preliminary Examination ( Civil Service Aptitude Test ) / Main Examination and Interview .

Eligibility Criteria required for IPS Examination :-

You should be Citizen of India and Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

You should Complete Graduation in any discipline from recognized University . Final candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination , But the candidate have to Submit the Course Completion Certificate which Issued by the Institution / university . It Indicates that the candidates should be qualified in Graduation Course . There is no Minimum Percentage of marks requie for this Civil Service Examination .

You should be Physically as well as Medically fit for the Examination .( ie :- Height / Eye sight / Chest / Blood pressure / Ear / Weight )

IPS Examination Pattern :-

The Important Notification for this Examination may released in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC for every year .

For More Information Please Visit Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
19th July 2012, 02:54 PM
tavleensingh

there is no specification of any subject that u shoud take in 1oth
u can take any subject of u own choice.

subjects matter when u r in graduation

foer example many student prefer to have arts subjects even they have taken science or commerce.

i think u should focus on study
when u r going to enroll in graduation then chooses the subjects accorind as given in the list speecified by UPSC
exam for IPS is conducted by UPSC

here i m giving u the link
http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/civil.htm#PageTop

choose the subjects acc to this but after +2
20th July 2012, 06:47 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

There is no any need to choose perticular subject in 10th because any stream student (science or commerce or arts) can apply for IPS.

hi friend,

IPS is conducted by upsc twice in year
month of june and december.
For applying IPS you should have
complete your graduation with
minimum 55%.
Age limit between 21 to 30 years.

Here is best book for IPS:

-UPSC Syllabus Civil Service Examination
by Student Aid Publications Publisher:
Student Aid Publications

-UPSC Civil
Services Preliminary Exam: General
Studies Solved Papers Publisher: Upkar
Prakashan (2008)

-UPSC Civil Services Preliminary
Examination Paper-I In 60 Days by
Rakesh Dwivedi UPSC Portal: CSAT
portal Publications (2011)

-UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS
(PRE) 2011(Part-I) by S. A. Majid
Publisher: Upsc Portal Publications
(2011)

-India 2011 by Vivek Kumar Singh CSAT

-(paper II) by Manish
Ranjan,Annita,Rajneesh Singh,Kiran Bedi
Publisher: Cl India (2012)

all the best
30th August 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th standard but have dream to become an ips officer and make my country feel proud and want to remove corruption i know its difficult but not impossible atleast i can raise a voice.
30th December 2012, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

If i take arts stream then what subjects are needed to qualify I.P.S
9th February 2014, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

When I will become an I.P.S officer than my first will be to remove corruption from India.
28th March 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Is there any need to select any particular subject for ips as there in ias
6th July 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

iam 11th class student i become an ips officer , but in 10th class i get 5.8 cgp. which subject is important in arts ..
27th August 2014, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

I m ssc n I want to become ips... it's maa dream if I become ips na
I will stop the corruption.....evry thng there r many thngs to stop
Our force iz nt strong if our force iz strong then e should stop naa
It's maa dream plz pray 4 me that I pass in ssc thank you
28th August 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

After completing graduation coarse what should be done for becoming IPS officer ?
8th October 2014, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I m in 11 so i want to becom ips so i can becom ips after completing 12 Exject plese help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?