29th June 2017, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future?

Which subjects to choose in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future? Can you please guide me with the details? I want the right suggestions from everyone, so please help me on this. Awaiting for the response soon. Thank you!

30th June 2017, 11:05 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future?

There is no need to opt any particular stream in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. So, you can choose any stream of your interest for pursuing your higher studies and you need to appear in IPS officer and participate in the recruitment process to become IPS officer.
30th June 2017, 11:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Stream does not matter for this exam, any graduate can apply for this examination. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can choose any stream in 11th standard to become Indian Police Services Officer in future. Subject and stream selection should be done totally on candidate's own interest. All streams are good. What ultimately matters is your interest in any particular stream.
30th June 2017, 11:06 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To become an Officer in Indian Police Services, you are required to meet the basic educational qualification required.

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IPS officer recruitment is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

As any discipline in Bachelor Degree is considered, you may choose the stream in which you are much interested at. So I suggest you to analyse yourself first and then you can start choosing the best stream. I suggest you to choose B.E/ B.Tech if you are interested in doing Professional course or else go with B.A or B.Sc if you are interested to pursue traditional courses.
30th June 2017, 11:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognized university.

2. Minimum age is 21 years.

Humanities stream is the best for Civil Services examination. You can select arts stream subjects in 11th for this examination.
30th June 2017, 11:14 PM
ranu shahi

You can any of the streams from science, commerce or arts in 11th to pursue IPS in future.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and their exam is conducted by UPSC which is also named as civil services.

Eligibility criteria for IPS:-
Nationality - Indian, Nepal or Bhutan.
Height -
for male - 167 cm
for female - 157 cm
Candidate must be a graduate with any discipline with minimum 650 percent aggregate.
Candidate's graduation degree is from any recognized university.
Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Age limit:-
General - 21 years to 30 years.
OBC - 21 years to 33 Years.
SC/ST - 21 years to 37 years.
PWD - 21 years to 40 years.
Domicile of Kashmir - 21 years to 42 years.
30th June 2017, 11:19 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Officer. This is one of the popular civil service in India after IAS.

Its not that only people who have chosen specific subjects or stream in 10+2 and Graduation are eligible for IPS. Candidates who compete Graduation with any stream are eligible to get into IPS.

Only thing is that they have to perform well in all the phases of selection procedure of civil services and score top marks to be placed in IPS.

Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct civil services exam to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
IAS - Indian Administrative Service
IPS - Indian Police Service
IFS - Indian Foreign Service etc.

The selection process is
Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university and should be in the age group of 21-32 years.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

I would suggest you to opt for the stream in 10+2 as per your interest like
MPC
BIPC
CEC
HEC
MEC etc.

Accordingly, you can opt for the respective stream in Graduation and start your preparation for the civil services from the very beginning your Graduation.

Better to have a coaching from a top coaching Institute which will make your preparation so easy.
30th June 2017, 11:27 PM
srkallinone

You can choose any subjects in 11th class to become an IPS.

IPS Eligibility
- You must be Indian Citizen.
- You must hold bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 21 to 32 years. Relaxation available 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum Allowable Attempts : 6 for General, 9 for OBC and No limits for SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Important Dates
- Notification Date : 07.02.2018
- Last Date of Application : 06.03.2018
- Preliminary Exam : 03.06.2018
- Main Exam : 01.10.2018
1st July 2017, 01:11 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

** You can choose any stream in 11th class to Become an IPS Officer in future.

** For IPS examination, applicants should have passed graduation from a recognized university.

** The minimum age of applicants should be 21 years.

** The age of candidate must not be greater than 30 years.

** My suggestion to you is that you can select any stream in your 11th class depending upon your interest.
1st July 2017, 02:43 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

** I will suggest you to choose arts stream (if available) in class 11 and also in graduation if you want to be in civil service.

Eligibility to become IPS officer
>> Age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.
>> Relaxation of age is given to SC/ST candidates for 5 years.
>> Candidate also must hold a bachelor degree from any recognized university.
>> Minimum height for men is 165 cm and for women it is 150 cm
Below image shows the eye vision required in civil service
1st July 2017, 05:28 PM
rachamallamanoj

To tell it will depend on your interest for choosing the subjects in 11th. You can choose science or commerce. IPS exam is a civil services exam which can applied only after completing graduation. You can choose science, engineering, commerce as subjects for the IPS mains.

Even you can apply for the exam after completing engineering, medicine courses also.

IPS stands for Indian Police service. The eligibility is as below

1. You must complete degree from a recognised university.
2. You must be a Indian citizen.
3. The age limit is between 21 - 30 years.
4. The no. of attempts for giving IPS exam is based on the caste.
i. The general caste people can write upto 3 times.
ii. The OBC caste people can write upto 7 years.
iii. There is such limits applicable for SC/ST people.
1st July 2017, 05:51 PM
stutiswet2

There is no need to choose specific subjects in 11th for becoming IPS. All stream of candidates like Science, Commerce, Arts are eligible to become IPS in future. However, you must have pursued Graduation in any stream to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC. You can choose subjects in 11th according to your interests if you wish to become IPS in future.
1st July 2017, 06:10 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IPS means Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for IPS entrance exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any discipline.

Age criteria: 21-32 years.

If you see syllabus of IPS exam, you will recognize that arts stream is the most suitable discipline for this exam. You can choose arts stream subjects like Political science, Geography, History etc in 11th standard.
1st July 2017, 10:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination for recruitment of an I.A.S, I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for exination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

The exmination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in examination. So, you can pursue any stream of your choice in 11th or in bachelor degree.
1st July 2017, 11:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibilty to become appear for Civil Service examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

Age limt to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination. So, you can pursue any stream of your choice.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

So, candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
2nd July 2017, 05:28 PM
Dr pande

Smile Re: Which subjects to choose in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future?

You need to select arts faculty ,it will keep u studded wit historic facts n these curricular knowledge will also help you to cross mpsc and upsc exams to became an ips officer,thnk you
2nd July 2017, 06:42 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can choose any subject or stream of your interest as there is no specific subject required for IPS exam. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for this exam. Thanks
2nd July 2017, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear,
There is no any limitations or condition of stream( science,commerce, humanity for becoming an Ips officer. Because you just need a graduation degree for becoming eligible for is exam. so it doesn't really matter what steam you choose but still if you want to choose I would prefer humanity.
3rd July 2017, 06:02 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Every year through civil service exam based on the merit list IPS officers are recruited.

For IPS (Indian Police Service) the eligibility required is the candidate should have completed their graduation degree in any stream and in 11th class also you can choose any subject and clear it with a fair percentage from any recognised institute or university.

The age required to appear the exam is 21 years. The upper age limit varies based on the relaxation of the caste
14th March 2019, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer by studing with an arts group in ICSE after std. 10 in std.11 .
And what have to be my percentage
15th July 2019, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

We can directly become a IPS officer?
31st October 2019, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Now I am studying in bsc nursing . Can I prepare for IPS
3rd January 2020, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Science is only one subject for ips officeer
28th March 2020, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Please tale after graduation what do for ips exam clear
15th April 2020, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Can short height join in ips officer?
17th April 2020, 12:13 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---Minimum height required for Male Candidate is 165 cm for Male.

:- 150 cms for Female candidates.
4th July 2020, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

As per my 11th standard subject combinations can l become an IPS officer ?
5th September 2020, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

If we have got 63% in class 10 and 80% in class 12 I can become an IPS ? please guide me .
4th December 2020, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS OFFICER ?
15th January 2021, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

When I take commerce can I get the job??
16th January 2021, 11:11 PM
Nishantpurohit6

With choosing any stream u can go for IPS . But there is only one this which is needed proper dedication toward UPSC exam and in that exam you can give preference to IPS post. Hope it may helps
9th June 2022, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

We can also choose political subject in 11 for ips exam
4th September 2022, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

IPS officer in future ...so 11 th std what group in Ips officer
25th February 2023, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I want become IPS i don't know what I choose in 11 so please tell me clearly
18th May 2023, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

I want to become IPS officer ,so in 11th grade .I am going to take the pure science.so it is very easy subject .

THANK UOU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?