31st December 2016, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose to become an Income tax officer?

Sir, my name is Arpita. I am in 11th standard from commerce stream with subjects, Banking, Business and Accountancy. Please tell me that what I have to do after 12th and from which subject to become a Income Tax Officer?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  2. What should I do to become an income tax officer? Which subjects should I choose
  3. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  4. What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?
  5. Stream required in 11th and 12th standard for becoming an Income tax officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  7. What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer? -- [New]
  8. How to get Income Tax Officer job?
  9. Details of becoming Income tax officer for physically challenged student after B.Com?
  10. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  11. How to become an income tax officer after completing B.Com?
  12. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
  13. How to take profession of Income Tax officer after pursuing CA?
  14. What subjects should choose after 12th in order to become an Income tax officer?
  15. Steps to be taken to become a Sales Tax or Income Tax Officer?
  16. Can I get job in Income tax department if my subjects are PCM in 11th?
  17. Which stream should I choose in 11th standard to be an Income Tax officer? Can I be the IT officer through SSC exam?
  18. Procedure of exams for Income Tax Assistant, Income Tax Inspector and Income Tax Officer? When the exams will be held?
31st December 2016, 07:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose to become an Income tax officer?

Which exam is conducted by SSC each year:-

Educational Qualification:-

Bachelor degree pass in any stream

No minimum percentage is required in graduation.

The minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum age limit is 27 years

The Books for Preparation:-

The Pearson Guide To SSC Combined
Graduate Level by Showick, Thorpe, Edgar, Thorpe.

SSC Combined Graduate Level : Pre. Examination
3years Practice Set by Arihant Experts.

SSC Combined Graduate Level With
General Knowledge ( Set of 2 Books )
by Sanjeev Joon, Muktikana.
31st December 2016, 08:10 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

For Income tax officer candidate must have passed graduation with any stream from a recognized board.

The minimum age of candidate should be 18 years.

The upper age of candidate can not be greater than 27 years.

Also age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate.

The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of Preliminary Examination,Main Examination and Personality Test.

(Percentage is not required for this exam)
31st December 2016, 08:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an I.R.S officer in Income tax department candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can pursue any stream in bachelor degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.
1st January 2017, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my name is Arpita. I am in 11th standard from commerce stream with subjects, Banking, Business and Accountancy. Please tell me that what I have to do after 12th and from which subject to become a Income Tax Officer?
12th standard candidates are not eligible for Income Tax Officer entrance exam.

To become an Income Tax Officer, you should completed graduation degree from a recognized University. Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.

This entrance exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission through CGL exam.
1st January 2017, 01:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specific stream or subjects required after 12th to become an Income Tax Officer. For that you must complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university and your age should be in between 18 to 27 years. For the reserved category candidates there will be an upper age relaxation as per government norms. With this eligibility criteria you have to appear for CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. Hence, if you qualify the examination with good marks then you can become an Income Tax Officer.
1st January 2017, 07:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to be eligible for the post of Income Tax Officer:

There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required for the post of Income Tax Officer. The minimum eligibility criteria required is as follows. You must have completed Graduation or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As any discipline is accepted, you may pursue the course in which you are much interested in to be eligible for this Income Tax Officer recruitment. I suggest you to pursue B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized university to be eligible.
11th May 2018, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I am S.UJWAL. I completed my intermediate. And present i completed my b.tech 2nd year civil branch. After graduation i am eligible to IT department job or not.
13th August 2020, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

To become an income tax officer..any percentage of class 10 and 12 are required?
28th April 2022, 05:01 PM
HansAnkhiya

The minimum qualification is graduation in any stream, so you can choose any course. It is better to choose commerce, with Business Economics and Accountancy included in your choice of subjects. Ome way is to get into the Indian Revenue Service, through Civil Services examinations. Best of Luck 👍
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?