13th May 2012, 04:20 AM
Unregistered

Which are the subjects in order to apply for genetic engineering?

what must be my subjects of study inorder to apply for genetic engineering?what must be my scores to apply for a
scholarship?

Related Questions:
  1. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  3. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  4. What are the subjects required for Genetic Engineering? Is Maths required for Genetic Engineering course?
  5. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  6. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  7. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  8. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering?
  9. Institutes offering genetic engineering course in Kerala?
  10. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM? -- [New]
  11. Procedure and eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  12. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  13. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  14. Where Can I Apply for MTech in Genetic Engineering?
  15. Which are the subjects that are tought in genetic engineering?
  16. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  17. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  18. Any colleges offering BSc Genetic Engineering in Calicut? Names of the colleges and their contact details? What is the eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
13th May 2012, 01:01 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the subjects in order to apply for genetic engineering?

Genetic Engineering is concerned with deliberate manipulation of the genetic material of a living organism by artificial methods

Genetic Engineering is also concerned with developing hybried varieties of plants , making plants disease resistant
This techniques are used in research , biotechnology & medicine

Few courses offered :

Bachelor of Engineering in Genetic Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Genetic Engineering
Master of Engineering in Genetic Engineering
Master of Technology in Genetic Engineering
Bachelor of Science in life sciences with genetics as optional subjects

Specializations :

Classical genetics
Behavioral genetics
Clinical genetics
Molecular genetics
Population , quantitative & ecological h=genetics
Genomics
Genetic alogrithms
13th May 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

in which collages in kerala pharm d courses are available
20th May 2012, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

is there any entrance exam for genetic engineering courses? what is the eligibility for it.
20th May 2012, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

is there any exam for genetic engineering course ? what is the eligibility?can we apply it after plus 2.
10th August 2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

can i go for genetic engineering by taking bio science in my 2 ????
10th August 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

can i go for genetic engineering by taking bio-science in my 2 ?
11th August 2013, 02:59 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what must be my subjects of study inorder to apply for genetic engineering?what must be my scores to apply for a
scholarship?
Genetic engineering includes manipulation of organism's genetic material and other attributes in order to improve its quality and behavior.It also includes rectification of hereditary defects.You will able to do Genetic Engineering course after completing your undergraduate degree in Biotechnology.

Qualifications required to do Biotechnology course :

• You should be passed out in Inter/class 12th with Physics,Chemistry and Biology as one of the major subjects from recognized board/university.
  • Your minimum marks in class 12th should be above 60%.
After completing your 4 years bachelor degree in Biotechnology you will have to do M.tech course.Under this technical course you will able to get Genetic Engineering course.To do M.Tech Course you will have to apply for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) entrance exam.Otherwise you can also do P.Hd in Genetic Engineering.

Quote:
To Apply for GATE Exam for M.Tech in Genetic Engineering,No minimum marks is required.The only condition is that you should be pass out in 4 year's Biotechnology course

Jobs after completing Genetic Engineering course :
  1. In Medical and Pharmaceutical companies.
  2. In Research and Development departments of Government and Private Organizations.
  3. In Forensic Science Labs.
  4. In Animal breeding organizations.
Top Colleges/Institutes for genetic Engineering course in India are :
  • Jawahar Lal Nehru University,new Delhi.
  • Dr D.Y.Patil University,Pune.
  • School of Biotechnology,Indore.
  • Bharatiar University,Coimbatore.
  • Sathyamabhama University,Chennai.
  • H.K.B.K College of Engineering,Bangalore.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?