25th January 2012, 12:34 AM
Neelachandra

Which subjects should I choose to become an IPS officer? I am pursuing MBA final semester now

HELLO SIR, AM PURSUING MY MBA FINAL SEMESTER NOW... I APPLIED FOR UPSE EXAM WHEN I WAS DOING MY DEGREE, I WANT TO BE AN IPS OFFICE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT FOR THE CHOSSING THE SUBJECTS FOR IPS.... LOOKING FORWARD FROM U, PLEASE MAIL TO MY email ID that is [email protected].... tahnking you....

25th January 2012, 07:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose to become an IPS officer? I am pursuing MBA final semester now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelachandra View Post
HELLO SIR, AM PURSUING MY MBA FINAL SEMESTER NOW... I APPLIED FOR UPSE EXAM WHEN I WAS DOING MY DEGREE, I WANT TO BE AN IPS OFFICE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT FOR THE CHOSSING THE SUBJECTS FOR IPS.... LOOKING FORWARD FROM U, PLEASE MAIL TO MY email ID that is [email protected].... tahnking you....
IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

EXAM PATTERN FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IPS EXAM

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
25th January 2012, 08:49 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose to become an IPS officer? I am pursuing MBA final semester now

Hi dear
to become an IPS officer you give the UPSC exam

For this exam criteria is:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for Obc candidates
7 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
*Exam procedures:-

Same as IAS officer
first rank holder preferable for IAS officer after then go for IPS officer

Here i will give the optional subject for IPS exam you choose according to your easy:-

Good Luck.....................
15th March 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR, AM Completing MY MBA NOW... I APPLIED FOR UPSE EXAM , I WANT TO BE AN IPS OFFICER, PLEASE HELP ME OUT FOR THE CHOOSING THE SUBJECTS FOR IPS.... LOOKING FORWARD FROM U, PLEASE MAIL TO MY email ID that is [email protected].... thanking you....PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sir Reply me
15th March 2012, 10:09 PM
masuka123

IAS and IPS exams are held by the UPSC Civil Services examination. It is a common entrance exam conducted in two parts, Preliminary and a Main Exam. To become an IPS officer it is a long road which might take up to at least one and a half year.
Eligibility criteria to sit in the IPS entrance exam are a degree from any Indian university or any equivalent qualification. Final year students can also appear in the preliminary exam. The candidate must reach at least the age of 21 years and must not exceed 30 years of age. The upper age relaxation is provided to SC/ST and OBC category.
15th March 2012, 10:14 PM
masuka123

IAS and IPS exams are held by the UPSC Civil Services examination. It is a common entrance exam conducted in two parts, Preliminary and a Main Exam. To become an IPS officer it is a long road which might take up to at least one and a half year.
Eligibility criteria to sit in the IPS entrance exam are a degree from any Indian university or any equivalent qualification. Final year students can also appear in the preliminary exam. The candidate must reach at least the age of 21 years and must not exceed 30 years of age. The upper age relaxation is provided to SC/ST and OBC category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?