1st March 2011, 03:41 PM
srinivas avula

Syllabus for DROO Sta-B exam (computer science)? How to obtain previous question papers?

please tell me the syllabus and previous papers of drdo sta-b computer science exam

1st March 2011, 04:22 PM
Nisha Attri

Smile Re: Syllabus for DROO Sta-B exam (computer science)? How to obtain previous question papers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas avula View Post
please tell me the syllabus and previous papers of drdo sta-b computer science exam

its all your computer science basics, general intelligence, general awareness
2nd March 2011, 02:30 PM
yogs.singh

Default Re: Syllabus for DROO Sta-B exam (computer science)? How to obtain previous question papers?

SYLLABUS FOR DRDO CS EXAM-

Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NP-completeness.

Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).

Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.

Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.

Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.

Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.
2nd March 2011, 03:51 PM
krupadesai

Default Re: Syllabus for DROO Sta-B exam (computer science)? How to obtain previous question papers?

The exam consists of 2 sections A & B consisting of objective type questions.

Section A
(100 marks) deals with objective questions on the subject matter.

Section B (50 marks)
tests Candidate's aptitude to Applied Research & Development.

Syllabus for Computer Science and Engineering paper DRDO-SET

Theory of Computation:
Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NP-completeness.

Digital Logic:
Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).

Computer Organization and Architecture:
Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.

Programming and Data Structures:
Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Algorithms:

Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.

Compiler Design:

Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Operating System:

Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases:

ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.

Computer Networks:
ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.

Sample papers for section A & B are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf drdo2008CSE.pdf(88.2 KB, 447 views)
File Type: pdf DRDO_SET_2008_GA.pdf(4.38 MB, 367 views)
10th May 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

previous question papers for DRDO STA-B (computer science) exam?
25th May 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Syllabus for DROO Sta-B exam (computer science)? How to obtain previous question papers?

I want the questions & syllabus of drdo senior technical assistant exam(for computer science) for Revision Purpuse
21st February 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

when is the drdo sta-B notification will release for 2012..please inform me on my mail [email protected]..
awaiting for reply

thanks in advance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?