10th February 2010, 02:47 PM
nonu

Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination?

I am the student of final year of Electronics and Telecommunication stream,
as i am appearing for the Engineering services examination will u please tell me about the syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering.

11th February 2010, 10:08 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination?

this is against the rules but still i am giving you the entire syllabus....
ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
(For both objective and conventional type papers)

PAPER I

(1) Materials and Components:

Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semi-conductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferro-electric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials. Passive components and characteristic Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

(2) Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:

Electrons and holes in semi-conductors, Carner Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic and Opto Electronics.

(3) Signals and Systems:

Classification of signals and systems; System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability; Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

(4) Network Theory:

Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen's theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore's and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

(5) Electromagnetic Theory:

Analysis of electrostatic and magneto-static fields; Laplace's and Poisson's equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell's equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

(6) Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation:

Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, and applications. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity, etc.; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

PAPER II

(1) Analog Electronic Circuits:

Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency. response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators, Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

(2) Digital Electronic Circuits:

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean function Karnaugh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer De-multiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-tops; Different types of counters and registers. Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semi-conductor memories.

(3) Control Systems:

Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems; Compensators; Industrial controllers.

(4) Communication Systems:

Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization and coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space and fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

(5) Microwave Engineering:

Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, Lasers; Micro-wave propagation.
Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.

(6) Computer Engineering:

Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization, I/o System Organization. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessor's 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computers and their typi
11th February 2010, 11:22 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

Default Re: Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination?

being a electronics and communication student you can refer your syllabus papers which you have studied during your previous years
12th February 2010, 09:31 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

My friend you can get the syllabus from the below sites:
www.edunewz.com/.../electronics-and-telecommunication.html
www.upscportal.com/.../Syllabus/ENGINEERING-SERVICES-EXAM-ELECTRONICS-TELECOMMUNICATION-ENGINEERING
Download the syllabus form the above sites....
18th February 2010, 08:42 PM
RUC

can u please tell me what is the difference between IES and ENGG in this application form..IES is indian engineering examinations only,nothng else.??.please tell me soon..
27th February 2010, 06:20 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend..
if you prepared for I E S....
than go through your gate syllabus...except math..
its fully covered your I E S syllabus...
a very deep study is mandatory for I E S exam..
so
good luck..
28th February 2010, 04:05 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 26.06.2010 (Three days)
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A degree in Engineering from a recognised University or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.08.2010
if you want to be IES then study your core subjects...
like digital,analog,machine,networking and communication..,signal,IC..
you go through basic study for each topic ...
question have some level so practise hard ,,
good luck..
30th May 2010, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

i am having a confusion in selecting the right engineering branch for me. will you please help me out.
1st June 2010, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

I am Mamatha Devi.G.S., I applied for UPSC IES 2010 Examination in time. But, still I have not received the admit card to attend the said eaxamination to be held on
26.6.2010. Kindly let me know the my application status and admit card.
15th July 2010, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me which branch i hav to choose after four year which branch have more benifit to me thanks n reply soon as possible
20th July 2010, 05:42 PM
subhash2505

hI i'm doing engineering third year i want more information regarding the engineering entrance exam, so please help me.
6th August 2010, 02:11 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

here is the syllabus.
Linear Algebra: Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.
Calculus: Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, Multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
Differential equations: First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Partial Differential Equations and variable separable method.
Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor’s and Laurent’ series, Residue theorem, solution integrals.
Probability and Statistics: Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.
Numerical Methods: Solutions of non-linear algebraic equations, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
Transform Theory: Fourier transform, Laplace transform, Z-transform.
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Networks: Network graphs: matrices associated with graphs; incidence, fundamental cut set and fundamental circuit matrices. Solution methods: nodal and mesh analysis. Network theorems: superposition, Thevenin and Norton’s maximum power transfer, Wye-Delta transformation. Steady state sinusoidal analysis using phasors. Linear constant coefficient differential equations; time domain analysis of simple RLC circuits, Solution of network equations using Laplace transform: frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits. 2-port network parameters: driving point and transfer functions. State equations for networks.
Electronic Devices: Energy bands in silicon, intrinsic and extrinsic silicon. Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, drift current, mobility, and resistivity. Generation and recombination of carriers. p-n junction diode, Zener diode, tunnel diode, BJT, JFET, MOS capacitor, MOSFET, LED, p-I-n and avalanche photo diode, Basics of LASERs. Device technology: integrated circuits fabrication process, oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography, n-tub, p-tub and twintub CMOS process.
Analog Circuits: Small Signal Equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs and analog CMOS. Simple diode circuits, clipping, clamping, rectifier. Biasing and bias stability of transistor and FET amplifiers. Amplifiers: single-and multi-stage, differential and operational, feedback, and power. Frequency response of amplifiers. Simple op-amp circuits. Filters. Sinusoidal oscillators; criterion for oscillation; single-transistor and op-amp configurations. Function generators and waveshaping circuits, 555 Timers. Power supplies.
Digital circuits: Boolean algebra, minimization of Boolean functions; logic gates; digital IC families (DTL, TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS). Combinatorial circuits: arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs. Sequential circuits: latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers. Sample and hold circuits, ADCs, DACs. Semiconductor memories. Microprocessor(8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.
26th August 2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

plaease guve me first year engg. syllabus of electronic and telecommunication2010
26th August 2010, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects in 1st to 6th semisters in diploma of extc
27th August 2010, 08:39 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonu View Post
I am the student of final year of Electronics and Telecommunication stream,
as i am appearing for the Engineering services examination will u please tell me about the syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering.
for geting information about this you have log on to the site

www.upscportal.com/.../Syllabus/ENGINEERING-SERVICES-EXAM-ELECTRONICS-TELECOMMUNICATION-ENGINEERING
Download the syllabus form the above sites....
31st August 2010, 02:29 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,
you can get the Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination from the given websites...

www.upsc.gov.in
www.successcds.com
31st August 2010, 12:20 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

the syllabus mainly consists of the paper of the digital electronics,analog electronics.

microprosessor,circuit design.

and you can get the syllabus from the websites..

www.successcds.com
1st September 2010, 12:43 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can get IES Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination & Last 10 Years papers
in the given below sites

http://www.estudentzone.com.

all the best.........
12th January 2011, 09:40 PM
AsthaDixit

i am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering, so can u plz tell me as to wat job opportunities do i have?
i mn wat are the sectors i can apply in.
i would prefer to go in public sector jobs.
13th January 2011, 01:33 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
you can get the syllabus from the below sites:
www.upscportal.com/.../Syllabus/ENGINEERING-SERVICES-EXAM-ELECTRONICS-TELECOMMUNICATION-ENGINEERING .thank you
13th January 2011, 07:59 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination

if you prepared for I E S....
than go through your gate syllabus...except math..
its fully covered your I E S syllabus...
a very deep study is mandatory for I E S exam..

good luck
13th January 2011, 09:16 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
plz tell me which branch i hav to choose after four year which branch have more benifit to me thanks n reply soon as possible
hi...
you are not being clear here,
if you are asking about the branch to choose in IES exam then its always better to choose the branch in which you have don your graduation in engineering,
if you are an student who is thinking of joining engineering them it would be better to go for branches like civil engineering and electrical because there is huge demand for core subjects in the government sector than the software subjects ,
also the core subjects are evergreen
all the best
18th January 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by subho19 View Post
dear friend
you can get the syllabus from the below sites:
www.upscportal.com/.../Syllabus/ENGINEERING-SERVICES-EXAM-ELECTRONICS-TELECOMMUNICATION-ENGINEERING .thank you
i dont need the syllabus...i jst want 2 know as 2 wer can i apply...i mn the name of companies i can apply
4th February 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

pls give me the example for regression in electronics and communication
field
20th March 2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Hello I am a final year civil engg student. I want to prepare for engg services exam. I have got 95.2 percentile in gate 2011. Should i join for mtech and then prepare for engg services or drop one yr and prepare exclusively for engg services. I also want to know that is it really difficult to prepare for engg services while doing a job??
30th April 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

previous question papers of optical communication and network of 8t sem of telecommunication engineering
17th May 2011, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I had done my btech from Electronics and instrumentation engineering,i want to prepare for Engg services exam.i want to know the complete IES syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engg. ..kindly help me out
23rd June 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

please tell the difference between electronics and communication engg. and electronics and tele comunication engg.
7th July 2011, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

i want subjects which subjects are in electronic and telecommunication ?
17th July 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

i want to kinow tht for how many years maths subject will be there for electronics and telecommunication
9th November 2011, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

i m pursuing my engg and i m in 4th year now.. can i appear for ESE or is it necessary that i shud possess a degree to seat in examination? please reply asap as i need to fill in the forms.. :) thanks in advance.. :)
9th November 2011, 10:15 PM
amar2404

i m in 4th year engg still pursuing my engg.. m i eligible to appear for ESE 2012? as the eligibility criteria on UPSC site says that we shud have degree.. kindly reply asap.. and also where will i get forms for application?

thnx in advance experts.. u all r life savers
8th January 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the reference book for material and components for engineering services examination
19th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

how many times a candidate can appear for ies exam? how many chances are there for appearing in any of the upsc exam???
9th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

which book i wwant to refer for the electronics and telecommunication category
12th June 2012, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

sir I have just completed my diploma in electronics and telecommunication , I don't want to waste my holyday so I want to know the syllabus of m3 in BE in 3 rd sem, because this is a hardest subject in BE.
14th June 2012, 10:13 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear,

PAPER I

Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semi-conductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferro-electric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials. Passive components and characteristic Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

Electrons and holes in semi-conductors, Carner Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic and Opto Electronics.

(3) Signals and Systems:

Classification of signals and systems; System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability; Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

(4) Network Theory:

Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen's theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore's and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

Analysis of electrostatic and magneto-static fields; Laplace's and Poisson's equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell's equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, and applications. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity, etc.; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

PAPER II

Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency. response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators, Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean function Karnaugh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer De-multiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-tops; Different types of counters and registers. Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semi-conductor memories.

(3) Control Systems:

Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems; Compensators; Industrial controllers.

Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization and coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space and fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, Lasers; Micro-wave propagation.

Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization, I/o System Organization. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessor's 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computers and their typi

thanks
16th June 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i select ENTC or computer m confused
17th June 2012, 08:41 PM
babu91

hello dear

PAPER I

(3) Signals and Systems:

(4) Network Theory:

PAPER II

(3) Control Systems:

Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization, I/o System Organization. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessor's 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computers and their type
thank you
26th July 2012, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

i want 2 know extsc 1st year syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?