12th January 2011, 08:25 PM
Biswajitdey87

Syllabus of IES examination for Electronics and Communication stream

my stream is electronics and communication enng.
I m currently in 4th year last sem..

12th January 2011, 10:53 PM
saswata06

Default Re: Syllabus of IES examination for Electronics and Communication stream

You can find the syllabus for your stream electronics and communication enng.
for IES exam from http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th January 2011, 09:35 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus of IES examination for Electronics and Communication stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswajitdey87 View Post
dear friend.

IES Syllabus (ECE)

Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Syllabus
(For both objective and conventional type papers)

PAPER - I

1. Materials And Components:
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials. Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrities, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bi-polar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems:
Classification of signals and systems: System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier representation; Fourier transforms and their applications to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analyisis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network Theory:
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen's theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters, Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore's and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory:
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace's and Piossons's equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell's equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, misconstrue lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation:
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

PAPER - II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits:
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits:
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparision; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM and their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems:
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins: Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication Systems:
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization & coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals oat HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

5. Microwave Engineering:
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Misconstrue circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, lasers; Microwave propagation. Microwave Communication Systems terrestrial and Satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering:
Number Systems, Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C. Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organisation. I/O System Organisation. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessors 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computes and their typical uses.
13th January 2011, 10:03 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
you should check the UPSC notice number 04/2011-ENGG dated 08/01/2011 in the employment news for the syllabus,
all the best
30th January 2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

GENERAL ABILITY PAPER SYALLABUS
31st January 2011, 06:03 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend.......
the syllabus for the IES entrance exam for the branch of the Electronics and the Communication can downloaded from the link provided below::
http://examcrazy.com/Engineering/IES/Syllabus-for-IES-exam.asp
31st January 2011, 06:12 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GENERAL ABILITY PAPER SYALLABUS
hello friend.......
the syllabus for the general ability test for the IES exam is same for all the stream ........
the syllabus for the general ability has been attached with it::
1st February 2011, 12:56 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Syllabus of IES examination for Electronics and Communication stream
the syllabus for the IES entrance exam for the branch of the Electronics and the Communication can downloaded from the link provided below::
http://examcrazy.com/Engineering/IES/Syllabus-for-IES-exam.asp

good luck
2nd February 2011, 07:15 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Syllabus of IES examination for Electronics and Communication stream

Quote:
Syllabus For IES ECE

Here i am uploading a Doc file which consists of EnTC syllabus for IES 2011.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Syllabus IES ECE.doc(31.0 KB, 291 views)
17th February 2011, 02:34 PM
seemuec

Syllabus for electronics and communication stream for IES exam held in june 1st week -2011

(For both objective and conventional type papers)

1. Materials and Components :
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials.

(more content follows the advertisement below)
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.
2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems
Classification of signals and systems: System modelling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterisation of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network theory
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen’s theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions : parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria : delay and rise time, Elmore’s and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell’s equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines : basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working : analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.
30th March 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

how many chance 4 general student
22nd May 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

can computer science students apper in ies examination???????
25th June 2011, 03:44 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that ece n ete both are common or different seat are available for both na ?
6th July 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

hi,sir i am manjula(oc),my pgecet rank is (608) .which college i get to do m.tech from e.c.e branch please suggest list of m.tech colleges for my rank
17th July 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

is both electronics&comm'n ,electronics&telecomm'n hav the same syllabus for IES exam
19th July 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in final year and doing engineering in electronics and communication. my aggregate is 64% will i be selected in IES entrance.
20th July 2011, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Hai,sir i am doing 4th year B.E ECE. when do i appear for IES exam.Is there any change in IES syllabus in 2012
26th August 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

how can i prepared for ies?
29th August 2011, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to download the syllabus
1st January 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i m a student of ECE 3rd year and i m starting my preparation...I want to ask Is calculator allowed in examination...?
20th January 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

how many chance are given for a student
26th January 2012, 08:39 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Hi, The syllabus of Electronics and communication branch for IES is given below:

PAPER I

1. Materials and Components
2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs
3. Signals and Systems
4. Network theory
5. Electromagnetic Theory
6. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation

PAPER II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits
2. Digital Electronic Circuits
3. Control Systems
4. Communication Systems
5. Microwave Engineering
6. Computer Engineering

You will get the details of this topics here.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th January 2012, 03:04 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes ,B.Tech students can appear for IES examination but only those from a core branches like Mechanical, Civil , Electronics and Telecommunication, and Electrical,M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

Eligibility criteria For IES Examination :

Nationality

he/she should be citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or Bhutan, or Tibetan refugee who came over to India or a person of Indian origin

Age Limits:

he or she must be between 21 years & 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year

Relaxation in Age

5 years in the case of Government servants
5 years in case of Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe
5 years in case of candidate domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during period of 1981 to 1989
3 years in the case of Defence Service personnel disabled in operations ...etc

Physical standards
Candidates must be physically fit

Good Luck!!!
7th February 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am the student of first year pleaSE TELL ME HOW TO PREPARE IES EXAM
7th February 2012, 09:36 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year to take qualified students into different Engineering Service post in government sector.

To appear for IES exam,you should have complete graduation degree in Engineering of any one stream mentioned below
>>Mechanical Engineering
>>Electrical Engineering
>>Civil Engineering
>>Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
And your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

And exam notification going to release for this year on 24th Feb 2012,closes on 25th March 2012.And exam going to held on 15th June 2012.

See this attachment for syllabus of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering course in Page number 38.

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th April 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i am in 3rd year from ECE
can i appear in the entrance of IES
20th December 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i am in 3rd year from ece
any aptitude test for this examination
22nd December 2012, 11:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Syllabus for IES exam in ECE

Best Books for IES Exam for Electronics and Telecommunication:-

U.P.S.C. (IES) Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by
Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

IES 2012: Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
by
Satish K Karna
Publisher: CBS

IES-2012 UPSC Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by
Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

IES-2012 Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Conventional Solved Papers
by
Made Easy Publications
Publisher: Made Easy Team

I have attached the Syllabus for IES exam.So please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 123 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?