5th August 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?

5th August 2015, 10:48 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?

Yes, you can apply for PSU and IES simultaneously.
You can appear in both the exams, but if you get selected in both you have to choose any one of them as per your choice.
According to me you should opt for IES.
6th August 2015, 12:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can apply simultaneously in PSU and IES.

If you have valid GATE score then you are eligible for PSU.

If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for IES exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
6th August 2015, 09:51 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for PSU's and IES simultaneously but one thing you should remember is " You must have a GATE score " to apply for PSU's. Otherwise You don't have any option to apply for PSU's.

And Coming to IES ,through IES you can apply for Indian Railways and Central Ministries as Junior Engineers. So you need to give GATE and IES Exam to apply for PSU's or other departments.

Various PSU's allows the candidates for recruitment of number of posts through GATE only. So you if you have a passion on jobs in PSU's you need to have GATE score.
6th August 2015, 12:08 PM
mrss

I. Can answer with reference to the opinion I developed after speaking to people working at PSU's and simultaneously preparing for IES.
If you're really passionate about IES it would be bettet not to work especially in PSU's and rather devote your full time to preparation.
That said, I guess NALCO and MDL are few of the PSU,s that have a relatively less stringent work life.
6th August 2015, 02:20 PM
mwh

yes,you can apply for PSU and IES simultaneously.
for IES exam women candidates are also eligible.
candidates should write the examination with subjects
general aptitude
syllabus of ECE
Syllabus OF EEE
syllabus of Mechanical
syllabus of civil engineers.
general aptitude is compulsory for all the group and syllabus depends on the group of the candidate.
for PSU companies you need to qualify the GATE examination.
In gate examination also the syllabus is similar to the IES exam.
so,you can prepare and give both the exams simultaneously.
6th August 2015, 05:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the different Public Sector Undertakings and Indian Engineering Services simultaneously, there is no problem in that but you must meet the eligibility criteria for both exams.

Now most of the Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, GAIL, ONGC etc recruit candidate on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering scorecard and rank. After that they conduct Group Discussion and personal interview for final recruitment of candidates.

You can apply for all these PSUs as for some notifications are out before GATE result and for some it is announced after GATE result. You can visit the official website of respective PSU in which you are interested for any further details. Some of the PSUs like BHEL, AAI etc conducts its own entrance exam.

The entrance examination for Indian Engineering Services is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. The age limit is 21-30 years with three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Entrance examination is conducted in only four disciplines of engineering:

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electronics and Telecommunication engineering.

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

You can visit www.upsc.gov.in for any more details regarding this exam.
6th August 2015, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for both of them but in the end you have to choose any one. For getting job in PSU you have to qualify GATE after your B.Tech degree. Getting job will be based on the score and your performance in interview.

In the same way in UPSC Engineering services exam you have to pass written exam and interview for getting the job. Hence, it is totally up to you to make the choice.
6th August 2015, 09:07 PM
Limited10
Member+

Yes you can apply for both PSU and IES simultaneously.As IES exams is conducted for getting jobs in PSUs.Based on your ranking you can get jobs in the top rank PSUs.Many PSUs conduct its own exams for there vacancies so you can directly apply for appearing in exam.
7th August 2015, 12:39 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

PSU means Public Sector Undertaking. Examples like NTPC, ONGC, IOCL etc. Some PSU recruit candidates on the basis of GATE score card whereas some take their own entrance test and interview for recruitment.

You can apply for both PSU exam and Indian Engineering Services simultaneously. UPSC conducts engineering services exam every exam for which candidate must done bachelor of engineering or technology from a recognized university. The age limit is 21-30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?