19th July 2017, 10:19 AM
tessmarkhan

Syllabus and previous papers for Income Tax department entrance exam

I have completed graduation and want to join Income Tax department. Please send me syllabus of entrance exam? Previous year question papers of Income Tax exam?

17th April 2018, 05:06 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Syllabus and previous papers for Income Tax department entrance exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessmarkhan View Post
I have completed graduation and want to join Income Tax department. Please send me syllabus of entrance exam? Previous year question papers of Income Tax exam?
The job in Income tax department is offered after you clear the Recruitment exam and Interview of SSC-CGL (Staff Selection Commission - Combined Graduate Level). The exam is conducted every year by SSC.

>> Eligibility to appear in the exam in Graduate in any stream.

>> Age limit is 20-30 years (for some posts age limit is 28 years ) . Relaxation in age for reserved category is for 5 years.

>> To appear in the exam, you need to apply online. There is also option for the post preference, that you need to choose according to your preference.

>> The exam is conducted in 2 tier. (Some spcific posts have one more tier i.e. Tier 3 is also there)

>> There are folloeing section in the Tier 1 i.e. preliminary Examination, which happens to be of 1 hour and there are 100 question in total.
1. Quantitaive Aptitude
2. Reasoning and General Ability
3. General English
4. General Studies.

>> In Tier 2 i.e. Main Examination there are two papers of two hour each.
1. Quantitaive Aptitude.
2. General English.

>> After you qualify the tier 2 exam there is a Personal Interview for officer posts and no interview for clerical staffs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?