23rd November 2009, 04:07 PM
arunkumar

Syllabus and tips for bhel et exams for mechanical engineering?

i need syllabus for bhel et exams for mechanical engineering. also some tips for succeding in that exam

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for BHEL and SAIL Exams for ECE and Mechanical Engineering stream candidates? Minimum Qualification to appear for these Exams? Can I give these exams being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester?
  2. Model question papers for BHEL and tips for the interview?
  3. How to get a government job related to Mechanical Engineering? What is the syllabus? Tips for preparation?
  4. Suitable books for preparation of BHEL written exam for Diploma Mechanical Engineer? Tips to prepare for Interview?
  5. Syllabus and previous year question papers of BHEL Engineer Trainee(Mechanical) recruitment exam?
  6. How to prepare for BHEL? Guidance to write BHEL entrance exam Mechanical Paper?
  7. How can I prepare myself for ONGC, BHEL, ECIL, SAIL exam after completing B.E Mechanical?
  8. What is BHEL entrance exam syllabus for diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Sample question papers and tips for preparation for SAIL Mechanical engineering stream exam? -- [New]
  10. BHEL Supervisor trainee (mechanical engineering) Previous Year Question Papers, Exam Pattern and Syllabus -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Previous year Question Papers of BHEL Supervisor Trainee Exam for Mechanical stream?
  12. Syllabus for BHEL Exam for Mechanical Supervisor?
  13. Syllabus of Instrumentation and Control engineering(BHEL Exam)? What is the GATE syllabus?
  14. Syllabus and question paper pattern of mechanical department in BHEL?
  15. Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Syllabus for SAIL and BHEL Exams?
  17. Syllabus of JSPL GET exam for Mechanical Engineering? Tips for cracking the exam with good marks?
  18. Preparation tips and date of BHEL recruitment exam for B.Com final year student?
3rd December 2009, 04:18 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus and tips for bhel et exams for mechanical engineering?

the exam is of objective type so prepare this basics well.
concentrate more on mechanics and thermodynamics.
4th December 2009, 01:28 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

concentrate more on 1st year syllabus of engineering that is General Engineering from ur branch to basic electrical, manufacturing tech of Mech.Thats easy I suppose to clear the brand exam of BHEL.Lot depends on Aptitude as well,so be first to solve all
apti,dont leave anything.
4th December 2009, 07:40 PM
Pradeep kumar.H.P

the exam will be of objective type.you concentrate on the 1st year BE machanical subject more
15th December 2009, 08:47 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

you can get it from books of upkar prakashan,s.chand etc.

or opt for study materials which are available in market.
17th January 2010, 11:19 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

hi sir
you can inform bhel and get more information will be there and also you can refer books name upkar prakashan and s,chand.
good luck
30th January 2010, 10:28 PM
sumitkumarinmit

bhel has not specified any special syllabus you will have to cover all syllabus of GATE exam if you want to qualify bhel ......
mostly prefer syllabus for core papers of mechanical stream from there only questions will be asked
6th March 2010, 08:20 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Hi.....
friend you can get the syllabus from the bookstores and to get them online visit the below site:
www.gjtutorial.com/.../bhel-600-engineer-trainees-600-supervisor-trainees-september-2009/
7th March 2010, 04:08 PM
mathur

there is no specific syllabus for BHEL. prepare all the topics of your branch.

solve as many papers as you can. keep your concepts clear. this is how you can clear BHEL exam
14th March 2010, 11:26 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi,
you just concentrate your study and prepare well yourself and laso keep concept clear.
for more prepare you can login to-
www.gjtutorial.com.

all the best.
21st March 2010, 09:50 PM
Manjeet124

You can get the books related to the exam form the book stores and then prepare yourself for the exam........
22nd March 2010, 01:30 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
you can download the syllabus from the websites
www.gjtutorial.com/.../bhel-600-engineer-trainees-600-supervisor-trainees-september-2009/
o k
good luck
22nd March 2010, 10:07 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend , just get the books of upkar prakashan and s.chand or you can purchase study material from market.......
22nd March 2010, 12:36 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
the exam will be of fully objective type.
friend you can also get the syllabus from the bookstores and to get them online visit the below site:
all the best.
4th May 2010, 09:26 PM
Senior Member+++

for good preparations for youer exam you can check out about the pattern of the paper on the last year paers and then start with your preparations
31st August 2010, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

nothing for obc ,sc,st but only hard working for general candidates
6th September 2010, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

pls mail me bhel syllabus fr mechanical.....at [email protected]
8th September 2010, 04:42 AM
Unregistered

pls mail me qn papers (including mech qn) to my e-mail [email protected]
8th September 2010, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
which book i should prefer for bhel 2010
8th September 2010, 07:45 PM
bapuram

dear friend,

i think you should buy a book of G.K.Publishers for BHEL exam and there you get the detailed syllabus, with exam date and solve the problems of that book this will help you more for preparation.

good luck
8th September 2010, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

pls mail me qn papers (including mech qn) to my e-mail [email protected]
9th September 2010, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Please let me know the BHEL ET syllabus for Electronic Engg?
10th September 2010, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

please mail me the question papers for electronics (bhel) to my email [email protected]
10th September 2010, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Re:syllabus and tips for bhel et exam for electronics and communication engineering?
11th September 2010, 01:29 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

A good opportunity is just knocking the door for you ,the recruiting process is just yet to held ,its examination is going to held on November 29, 2010

Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited(BHEL) which is now recruiting Experienced Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Electronics Engineers, and Instrumentation Engineers.

Qualification:
1:You should have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering /Technology(BE/B.Tech)in Civil or Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation discipline

2:You should pass the bachelor degree with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate from recognized Institute/University.

for more details visit the official site:www.careers.bhel.in

For study materials you should follow some important books such as
Barron's,Upkar Prakashan,R.S Agarwal etc.

Besides these you should daily newspapers for general awareness ,current affairs etc...

For tutorials visit www.gjtutorial.com.
Good luck.
11th September 2010, 10:31 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar View Post
i need syllabus for bhel et exams for mechanical engineering. also some tips for succeding in that exam
Mr. Arun Kumar,

BHEL is one of nation's best employers for Engineers. you can grab great career
opportunities and it is a good start although.

The BHEL ET exam syllabus mainly consists of the basic elements of engineering.
In particular, the BHEL has not announced any syllabus for this exam as this is
just a kind of interview exam.
Have a glance of the PDF document in the attachment. you will understand clearly.

So, Don't panic about the exam. it is damn easy.

TIP# Move on with a calm and justifying attitude.

Best Regards,
MASK
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BHEL _et_post.pdf(2.61 MB, 916 views)
12th September 2010, 10:51 AM
Rickers

Hello Friend,

The exam consists of 240 Objective questions, each of 1 mark, to be answered in 2-n-half hour – you thus have just over 35 seconds to answer each question. Speed is therefore a criteria in doing well in the BHEL written test.
But at the same time, you need to be accurate as well in answering these BHEL questions correctly – as there are 0.2 negative marks for each wrong answer!

There are two sections in BHEL written test:
Aptitude Test: Consists of questions from the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Logical thinking, English usage & General Awareness.
Technical test: Consists of two parts: General engineering questions & questions specific to your engineering discipline.
Although BHEL notification has not specified anything about how many questions would be set in each section, data from previous exams shows that 120 questions are set in each of these two sections.

syllabus for BHEL written test:
BHEL has not prescribed any syllabus for the written test. However as per feedback from previous exams, for the BHEL Technical test, you can follow the syllabus for the GATE exam. Likewise however, for BHEL Aptitude test, no specific exam syllabus can be prescribed and you have to rely on the Aptitude test question pattern of other competitive exams.

prepare for these tests:

to prepare for these questions thoroughly, you need to prepare selectively for each section (i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Logical thinking, English usage & General Awareness). I find that these test areas are very similar to the ones asked in Bank PO exam and therefore, the sample aptitude question papers given in this blog post should definitely help you prepare for the BHEL Aptitude paper.

BHEL Exam Preparatory books:
Books for BHEL Exam Engineering test papers:
Guide to BHEL – Mechanical Engineering
by GK Publishers Price: Rs. 540

Books for BHEL Exam Aptitude test papers:
Guide To General Aptitude Test For NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, DRDO & Other Public Sector Exam by GK Publishers Price: Rs 220

S. Chand Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (Fully Solved) by R. S. Aggarwal Price: Rs. 400

S.Chand A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
Price: Rs. 595

BHEL Interview questions:

I had posted a previous blog article titled "BHEL Jobs: Interview Questions" on what question you can expect in your BHEL interviews. In addition, this BHEL interview experience in freshersworld.com may be found usseful by you.

Hope with above BHEL exam study materials (Exam Pattern, Sample papers and Books) you would be able to crack the BHEL Exam.
Good luck!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt BHEL syllabus.txt(5.8 KB, 414 views)
12th September 2010, 11:41 AM
chaitu667

Hello friend!

You can prepare for BHEL by studying the 1st year Mech based subjects and moreover study G.K.Publishers for BHEL exam and there you get the detailed syllabus.
For further more details please visit the official website of BHEL that is
http://careers.bhel.in/

You can get the exam dates and some detailed information about the syllabus from the following website

Good luck!
17th September 2010, 08:04 PM

hiii
i want syllabus for mechanical in bhel recruitment
18th September 2010, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

i'am krishha gandh.... anyone pls send EEE BHEL paper ID:[email protected]
21st September 2010, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

please send me any bhel papers to my email id([email protected]).
thank you
23rd September 2010, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

please send me any bhel papers for mechanical to my email id (vishnu_design2yahoo.com)
thank you

vishnu gupta
jaipur **
25th September 2010, 12:59 PM
subhash1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar View Post
the sylabus s
BHEL syllabus:

ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.

Calculus: Functions of single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.

Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transforms, Solutions of one dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.

Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem, Taylor and Laurent series.

Probability and Statistics: Definitions of probability and sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions.

Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.

APPLIED MECHANICS AND DESIGN
Engineering Mechanics: Free body diagrams and equilibrium; trusses and frames; virtual work; kinematics and dynamics of particles and of rigid bodies in plane motion, including impulse and momentum (linear and angular) and energy formulations; impact.

Strength of Materials: Stress and strain, stress-strain relationship and elastic constants, Mohr’s circle for plane stress and plane strain, thin cylinders; shear force and bending moment diagrams; bending and shear stresses; deflection of beams; torsion of circular shafts; Euler’s theory of columns; strain energy methods; thermal stresses.

Theory of Machines: Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of slider-crank mechanism; gear trains; flywheels.

Vibrations: Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems; effect of damping; vibration isolation; resonance, critical speeds of shafts.

Design: Design for static and dynamic loading; failure theories; fatigue strength and the S-N diagram; principles of the design of machine elements such as bolted, riveted and welded joints, shafts, spur gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings, brakes and clutches.

FLUID MECHANICS AND THERMAL SCIENCES
Fluid Mechanics: Fluid properties; fluid statics, manometry, buoyancy; control-volume analysis of mass, momentum and energy; fluid acceleration; differential equations of continuity and momentum; Bernoulli’s equation; viscous flow of incompressible fluids; boundary layer; elementary turbulent flow; flow through pipes, head losses in pipes, bends etc.

Heat-Transfer: Modes of heat transfer; one dimensional heat conduction, resistance concept, electrical analogy, unsteady heat conduction, fins; dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, various correlations for heat transfer in flow over flat plates and through pipes; thermal boundary layer; effect of turbulence; radiative heat transfer, black and grey surfaces, shape factors, network analysis; heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods.

Thermodynamics: Zeroth, First and Second laws of thermodynamics; thermodynamic system and processes; Carnot cycle. irreversibility and availability; behaviour of ideal and real gases, properties of pure substances, calculation of work and heat in ideal processes; analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion.

Applications: Power Engineering: Steam Tables, Rankine, Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat. I.C Engines: air-standard Otto, Diesel cycles. Refrigeration and air-conditioning: Vapour refrigeration cycle, heat pumps, gas refrigeration, Reverse Brayton cycle; moist air: psychrometric chart, basic psychrometric processes. Turbomachinery: Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines — impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams.

MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
Engineering Materials: Structure and properties of engineering materials, heat treatment, stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials.

Metal Casting: Design of patterns, moulds and cores; solidification and cooling; riser and gating design, design considerations.

Forming: Plastic deformation and yield criteria; fundamentals of hot and cold working processes; load estimation for bulk (forging, rolling, extrusion, drawing) and sheet (shearing, deep drawing, bending) metal forming processes; principles of powder metallurgy.

Joining: Physics of welding, brazing and soldering; adhesive bonding; design considerations in welding.

Machining and Machine Tool Operations: Mechanics of machining, single and multi-point cutting tools, tool geometry and materials, tool life and wear; economics of machining; principles of non-traditional machining processes; principles of work holding, principles of design of jigs and fixtures

Metrology and Inspection: Limits, fits and tolerances; linear and angular measurements; comparators; gauge design; interferometry; form and finish measurement; alignment and testing methods; tolerance analysis in manufacturing and assembly.

Computer Integrated Manufacturing: Basic concepts of CAD/CAM and their integration tools.

Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement planning.

Inventory Control: Deterministic and probabilistic models; safety stock inventory control systems.

Operations Research: Linear programming, simplex and duplex method, transportation, assignment, network flow models, simple queuing models, PERT and CPM.

best of luck dear
26th September 2010, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Please help out with bhel mechanical ET paper.. please help me out... mail me at [email protected]
2nd October 2010, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishwajit Giri View Post
Dear Friend,

A good opportunity is just knocking the door for you ,the recruiting process is just yet to held ,its examination is going to held on November 29, 2010

Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited(BHEL) which is now recruiting Experienced Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Electronics Engineers, and Instrumentation Engineers.

Qualification:
1:You should have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering /Technology(BE/B.Tech)in Civil or Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation discipline

2:You should pass the bachelor degree with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate from recognized Institute/University.

for more details visit the official site:www.careers.bhel.in

For study materials you should follow some important books such as
Barron's,Upkar Prakashan,R.S Agarwal etc.

Besides these you should daily newspapers for general awareness ,current affairs etc...

For tutorials visit www.gjtutorial.com.
Good luck.
Dear sir,
Written test for bhel as per notification is on 31st October 2010 but you are mentioning that it is going to be held on 29th November 2010, which is true...???
21st October 2010, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

please send me any bhel papers for mechanical to my email id ([email protected])
3rd November 2010, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I have appeared for BHEL ET Mechanical 2010. The technical questions are little tough. I have shaded totally around 120 questions out of 240 questions. In that, i am sure that atleast 110 to 115 questions are correct. Can i get selected in written test.
18th January 2011, 04:05 PM
aaditay kaushik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROHIT KUNDLIYA View Post
hi sir
you can inform bhel and get more information will be there and also you can refer books name upkar prakashan and s,chand.
good luck
please snd bhel mech engg. syllabus and any paper to my email id ([email protected])
28th April 2011, 12:30 AM
abhishek@@@@@@@

If anyone wants to prepare for bhel from bhopal city. Then provide ur details and contact number. Proper guidance would be given by the selected candidates.

Thanks
Abhishek
11th May 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare a ET exam in BHEL
31st May 2011, 07:46 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

There are two sections in BHEL written test:
Aptitude Test: Consists of questions from the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Logical thinking, English usage & General Awareness.
Technical test: Consists of two parts: General engineering questions & questions specific to your engineering discipline.
Although BHEL notification has not specified anything about how many questions would be set in each section, data from previous exams shows that 120 questions are set in each of these two sections.

syllabus for BHEL written test:
BHEL has not prescribed any syllabus for the written test. However as per feedback from previous exams, for the BHEL Technical test, you can follow the syllabus for the GATE exam. Likewise however, for BHEL Aptitude test, no specific exam syllabus can be prescribed and you have to rely on the Aptitude test question pattern of other competitive exams.

prepare for these tests:

to prepare for these questions thoroughly, you need to prepare selectively for each section (i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Logical thinking, English usage & General Awareness). I find that these test areas are very similar to the ones asked in Bank PO exam and therefore, the sample aptitude question papers given in this blog post should definitely help you prepare for the BHEL Aptitude paper.
11th July 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

what is the criteria for bhel exam
22nd July 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

how many answers would be right for the qualification
24th July 2011, 12:30 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Syllabus and tips for bhel et exams for mechanical engineering?

you can get it from books of upkar prakashan,s.chand etc.

or opt for study materials which are available in market
ajeet
2nd August 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

SIR,
WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FOR BHEL ET EXAM.PLS GIVE SOME IDEA SO THAT IT WILL BE USEFUL TO PREPARE FOR ME AND ALL OF MY FRIENDS.
7th August 2011, 02:22 AM
aparnakrishna

sir i want syllabus of bhel superviser tranieer
7th August 2011, 08:06 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

The questions of BHEL exam are quite tough.You need to be fundamentally strong,For tips and syllabus you need to purchase a book ofupkar prakashan (or)s.chand which'll clear all your doubts.
7th August 2011, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

tell me shopping centre in delhi where i can buy the bhel mech.supervisor trainee book written by gupta by hand
11th August 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I am preparing bhel exam for supervisor trainee for mech. engg diploma. please , send me complate syllabus & tip & sample question paper on my mail ( [email protected])
11th August 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

sir maine form mein high school click kiya kya yeh 8th class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?