20th December 2011, 07:37 PM
shuchi jain3

Is there any difference between PG in Hotel Management and MBA in Hotel Management?

Sir/Madam,
I am in BCOM final year.I want to move towards hospitality services. Would you plz suggest me that

1)how much pg in hotel management is going to help me?
2)name of examinations for pg courses
3)is there is any difference between pg in hotel management and mba in hotel management(with respect to placements)?
4)is there is any possibility that I could use my commerce background in hospitality?

24th August 2012, 10:52 PM
Mithun Kumar Paul

Arrow Re: Is there any difference between PG in Hotel Management and MBA in Hotel Management?

Difference in PG and MBA :->
1. PG is Post graduate diploma course, where as MBA is master degree course.
2. PG is 1 year course, where as MBA is 2 years course.
8th February 2013, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any difference between PG in Hotel Management and MBA in Hotel Management?

i am pursuing diploma in HM for YMCA. and i was done my graduation(B.com), now what to do after this. and my age is 27....
23rd February 2013, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any difference between PG in Hotel Management and MBA in Hotel Management?

i have done my degree in hotel management from Bangalore university duration 4 year(8 semester) i want to do master in hotel management in front office and sales department........suggest me college/course
5th June 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary for hotel management to have mba
20th June 2013, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

i have done degree in b.com computers i have intrested in hotel managment thnen what is the difference in pg diplomo in hotel mangment and mba in hotel managment
1st July 2013, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my degree(Bsc statistics) but i have interest in hotel management, is it possible ,
24th July 2013, 05:11 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

No you cant use your commerce background in hotel management
doing hotel management means doing BSc in hotel management and hotel administration

MBA is one of the PG program. you can also go for MSc in hotel management.

Thus, PG is the large set and MBA in hotel management and MSc in hotel management are their subset.

A joint entrance exam know as NCHMCT is conducted for admission in hotel management
Based on score of NCHMCT, you can apply to various college

All the best
4th March 2014, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

hi i am mitul mangroliya from amreli & i study in ghandhingar cihm
MBA-hm 3rd sem running & which hotel is best for me in industrial trainnig in ahmedabad plz............... sir fast &fast tell me
my e-mail [email protected]
13th May 2014, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

i am complete my coures b.com i am jonit to mba hotel management coures sir pls replay me sir?
19th June 2014, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

how we can get addmission in hotel management courses in jaipur?and i want to know the fee structure of institute of hotel management near banipark in jaipur.is there any entrance exam required?
26th March 2015, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my graduation in commerce as B.com. I want to pursue hm after my grad. What are the options and are there any certificate courses that I can do right now. My place is Kanpur what are the scopes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?