18th August 2018, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Is there any difficulty to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment for BSc final year student of Kannada Medium?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in final year of BSc. But I am doing my BSc from Kannada medium. I did my academics in Kannada medium. I want to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment. So, is there any difficulty for me to apply for this recruitment?

19th August 2018, 07:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any difficulty to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment for BSc final year student of Kannada Medium?

There will be no issue and you are eligible to appear in examination with Kannada Medium

Civil Service Examination is conducted in three stages and you have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

Candidates are eligible to appear in Mains paper with Kannada language. Final year candidates are eligible to apply for the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2018, 08:48 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any difficulty to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment for BSc final year student of Kannada Medium?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate are also eligible. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

So, there is no any difficulty to apply for this examination. Yes, you are eligible for this exam. You can fill the in Kannada Medium.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2018, 09:12 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

For recruitment in IAS(Indian Administrative Services), IPS(Indian Police Services), IRS(Indian Revenue Services) and other departments in Govt of India, UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts Civil Services examination.
Civil Services examination is conducted in three stages.
Preliminary>>>Main>>Interview

Final selection is on the basis of performance in Main and Interview.

Eligibility to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination are
>Candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee came to India for permanent settlement before 1st January 1962.
>Migrant from other countries having Indian origin came here with view of permanent settlement.
>Candidate must have completed bachelor degree in any disciple from any recognised university.
>Candidate must be of age between 21 to 32 years as on 1st August in the year of examination.

Limitation of number of attempts
General- 6
OBC - 9
SC/ST- No restriction

Registration fee for Preliminary examination is Rs 100 and that for Main only for shortlisted candidates is Rs 200.

There is no restriction in writing paper in regional language but the question paper will be available only in English and Hindi language.
20th August 2018, 08:34 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. There is no difficulty to apply for Civil Services examination even if you have done bachelor's degree in Kannada medium. All medium candidates are eligible for this examination.

2. The basic eligibility criteria to apply for this exam is that candidate must be graduate and minimum of 21 years of age.
21st August 2018, 08:23 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Services and to be eligible for UPSC-IAS recruitment i.e; Civil Services examination, the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks, stream of academics or medium of academics is not considered to decide the eligibility of a candidate for the same examination.

So, having completed your B.Sc degree course in Kannada medium, you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination, if you hold the nationality of India and your age lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is available for reserved category candidates.

For more details about the Civil Services examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?