18th August 2018, 01:58 AM
Vijaypargi

Requirements to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for BSc 1st year student?

Sir, I have secured admission in BSc 1st year. My aim is to become an IPS Officer. So, I will give UPSC-IPS recruitment exam. I just want to know about the requirements for me to apply for this recruitment? Waiting for your response!

19th August 2018, 06:19 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for BSc 1st year student?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. In order to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment, candidate should have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

AGE LIMIT

Minimum age 21 years

Maximum age 32 years

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment after completing first year of B.Sc course so my suggestion to you is that you should complete B.Sc course first then you can apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment.

19th August 2018, 06:21 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for BSc 1st year student?

As you are in B.Sc. 1st year now, so currently you cannot appear for UPSC IPS exam.

Firstly, you will have to complete your B.Sc. course, then you can appear for UPSC IPS Exam. Also, if you are in final year of graduation, then you can apply for UPSC IPS Exam.

Note that UPSC IPS exam is also known as Civil Services Exam.

You will have to qualify three stages to crack this exam i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

19th August 2018, 06:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum eligibility required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

1) You must hold the nationality of India.

2) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

3) You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

For joining IPS wing of the Civil Services, you are required to hold physical fitness as per the service requirement too.

So, being a student of 1st year of B.Sc degree course, you are eligible to become an IPS officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination once you get into the final year of your B.Sc degree.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.

19th August 2018, 08:41 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate are also eligible. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

So, at that time you are not eligible for UPSC-IPS exam. After completing Bachelor's degree you are eligible.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

19th August 2018, 09:26 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Recruitment in IPS(Indian Police Service) is done on the basis of performance in UPSC Civil Services examination.

Eligibility to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination are
>Candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee came to India for permanent settlement before 1st January 1962.
>Migrant from other countries having Indian origin came to India for permanent settlement
>Candidate must have completed Bachelor degree in any disciple from any recognised university.
>Candidate must be of age 21 to 32 years as on 1st August in the year of examination.

Limitation in attempts in Civil Services on the basis of category
General -6
OBC -9
SC/ST - No limitation

Registration fee for Civil Services Preliminary examination is Rs 100 and that for Main examination (Only for candidates qualified in Preliminary) is Rs 200.

20th August 2018, 08:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to apply for Union Public Service Commission Indian Police Services exam called Civil Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

2. You must be at least 21 years of age.

Bachelor of Science first year candidates can not apply for Civil Services examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?