17th August 2018, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army for BCom(H) female candidate?

Hello friends, I am studying BCom(H) and I am a female candidate. I want to join Indian Army. Kindly let me know about the whole procedure for joining Indian Army for me. Waiting for your response. Thank you!

18th August 2018, 03:59 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for BCom(H) female candidate?

The entry to join Indian Army at 10+2 level is given through National Defense Academy conducted by UPSC.

One of the most important and essential criteria for NDA exam is that only unmarried male Indian candidate are eligible to it. It means that female candidates can not apply for NDA exam to join Indian Army after 10+2.

Interested female candidate can pursue Bachelor's in Technology or engineering to apply for CDS to join Indian Army and AFCAT exam to Air Force.
18th August 2018, 05:51 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Girls candidates are eligible to appear in CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment in defence services.

Girls are eligible for OTA. The required qualificaiton to appear in examination is that candidate must have passesd bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 20-25 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages and have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2018, 12:34 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Yes, you can join Indian Army after graduation through CDS.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria for the exam-

Candidate should be Indian.
Candidate should have graduated in any discipline from a recognized university.
Age limit -19 to 25 years.
Candidate should be medically fit.

Exam pattern -
1.Written test
2.Interview by Services Selection Board.
19th August 2018, 08:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a graduate degree holder and a female candidate, to join Indian Army you are required to qualify CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) examination to join its Indian Military Academy (IMA) wings.

* Further, for appearing in the CDS entrance examination to join its IMA wing, you need to have following qualifications :-

1) You must have the citizenship of India.

2) Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years.

3) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree are also eligible.

4) You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st August 2018, 07:46 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a female candidate and bachelor degree holder, for joining Indian Army you are required to join the Officer's Training Academy〔OTA〕wing of Combined Defense Services〔i.e; CDS〕 by qualifying CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Apart from the educational qualification, to appear in the same examination you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 20 years to 25 years. Also, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?